Thread: LK Healing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: LK Healing

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit87
    I have 1101 haste right now. As we are all spread waiting for the Defile is when infest hits so we are all spread way out around the platform. Could it be that I'm fail? Or that maybe the restto druid needs to pick it up as well? And everywhere I look everyone has a Holy/Disc priest and we don't. Would the group been better off subbing the resto druid for me? Or keeping the priest and having me sit completely?
    Why are people spreading BEFORE Defile do you mind me asking? Obviously, the more spread the group the harder it is to heal for any class so I'm wondering why you're spreading prior to defile being cast. Once it's cast the person who gets it simply runs towards the edge/the Throne and the tank moves about 2 feet? Just staying stacked up, preferably on someone marked when you're still progressing on the encounter and a single person moving away from Defile should be fine. That means your CH becomes constantly valuable. Personally I top the meters on the 10 and 25M (normal) versions of this encounter and I just stand there and do 70%+ healing from CH with the rest of my Healing coming from ES, Riptide, Trauma + Trinket proc.

Here's my Armory: http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Xavius/Ushra/

EDIT: Someone said this in a roundabout way earlier, sorry for repeating.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

I tend to time a Chain Heal to land on melee just before an Infest hits, but yeah, it's tough when everyone's spread out. If it really would be a waste to use Chain heal, time a LHW to hit someone when infest hits, then follow that up by some fast spot healing, namely a riptide, then 2 x LHW. That'll be 4 people healed out of infest in about 3 seconds, and the others should hopefully have been covered by another healer.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra
    Why are people spreading BEFORE Defile do you mind me asking? Obviously, the more spread the group the harder it is to heal for any class so I'm wondering why you're spreading prior to defile being cast. Once it's cast the person who gets it simply runs towards the edge/the Throne and the tank moves about 2 feet? Just staying stacked up, preferably on someone marked when you're still progressing on the encounter and a single person moving away from Defile should be fine. That means your CH becomes constantly valuable. Personally I top the meters on the 10 and 25M (normal) versions of this encounter and I just stand there and do 70%+ healing from CH with the rest of my Healing coming from ES, Riptide, Trauma + Trinket proc.

Here's my Armory: http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Xavius/Ushra/

EDIT: Someone said this in a roundabout way earlier, sorry for repeating.
    Because ideally you want the defile to be more to the edge than the middle. If you time it so you move out as he casts it, the person who does get it will by that point be way out of the middle so everyone can then move back in ready for the valks. The only time this isn't the best option is when defile and valk timers are very close, which happens alot of the time.

Exactly. We were trying to make sure defile hit out of the center ring so everyone would spread right before we the timer is "due". What usually happens though is that he will hit us with infest before he even casts defile. That's where my problem lied. Seen a lot of constructive things from many people. Thanks for all the help and we will see if we can get him this week.

-Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Because ideally you want the defile to be more to the edge than the middle. If you time it so you move out as he casts it, the person who does get it will by that point be way out of the middle so everyone can then move back in ready for the valks. The only time this isn't the best option is when defile and valk timers are very close, which happens alot of the time.
    Spreading is not the best option in any case. It is the most forgiving one, but by spreading a lot you actually lose dps and healing efficiency. There's always room for valkyries path unless someone fails and causes the defile to grow too big (which is pretty much a wipe). The tactic depends on the people in your raid, their reflexes and their ability to read the game. Ideally you should stay stacked all the time and when LK targets someone and start casting defile, the person in question runs to the other direction while the raid moves a bit to another. (blink, sprint, engineer stuff..)

There's absolutely no need to spread around the platform. If you have problems with defile, you can just spread a bit - so that if the person getting the defile fails, only couple of persons have to rush out from the defile area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Yes? So stack in middle (or just off-centre) and the person who gets Defile moves out. That was my point.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

A troll response but constructive one : "Get a disc priest and you'll be perfect"

Anyway, I healed it with a holy priest once, went bad, picked up a disc priest, infest was nothing.

Pugged a random priest off trade. he didn't manage infest properly in p2, obv p1 is a joke to manage seeing as you're all close.

On 2, when you're clumped for valkyr almost 100% there will be an infest, 2 seconds left on dbm or dxe, whichever you use, be ready to chain heal, the moment it hits 1second or 0, hes gonna cast, the moment he begins to cast you should begin your chain heal assuming you have high haste, or begin chain heal at the 1 second mark, this 'should' remove infest from 3-4 people.

A druids wild growth initial tick should pick up another few people, then you can throw a riptide on people who didn't get topped to 90% (most likely it will remove infest) assuming 2p t10, if not, just LHW the remaining ppl with infest, it'll be gone in a matter of seconds. if they are low health with infest, a riptide (+2p t10) will allow for a 1 second healing wave (assuming 900+ haste and wrath of air).

Its all about choosing which heals you want to use.

On infest right before defile so you're spread, or infest after defile this gets tricky, first thing you do, Riptide yourself the moment infest hits. - you're done.
    If you have a tank healer, tank will be topped up so no infest on him.
    Druid should have rejuvs on targets, if they're lucky the tick will happen same time infest hits so its an RNG factor, if not they can wild growth, and you can chain heal (assuming people are grouping up for valk or gettin centred). it will most likely bounce, follow it up with LHW to remove remaining infest, or HW depending on how long infests been on a target.