Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why does Alliance lose most of battlegrounds?

What I can't believe, is how are you the first person to ever ask this question in a forum...

Quote Originally Posted by skylar1
    A. I got a horde DK here on the same realm and I did BGs with it, horde doesnt communicate at all, alliance does. Even tho I noticed horde loves to run in larger packs. Therefore alliance ninja cappers would work but thats another story...
    In my experience, Horde players' lack of communication was more a factor of everyone knowing what they needed to do rather than arguing about it constantly. That's fluctuated over the years, but I've definitely noticed a strong trend. Anecdotes are anecdotes, though.

Hehe, interesting site.

Why does it look so "red-ish" to me tho?

Also @rabbimojo - your post seem largely focused on psychological state of players. I think that is actually the main reason, and the term you used "habit of failure" - Im afraid most of alliance players have it here. When I give it a thought I find myself aswell being affected by a "habit of failure" - in battlegrounds only ofcourse.
    Well, I generally reject the idea that horde players are 'just more skilled'. I think on average both sides are pretty similar.
    What I think may be one other big effect which I didn't mention in my last post is this: Alliance, in general, tend to be either young or old. Horde tend to be closer to college-aged. This is a -very- loose trend, but I know it fits my experience pretty well.

As a result, horde groups tend to be average. Alliance swing around a lot.. If you get a lot of older/experienced players in a group, you might steamroll horde. If you get a lot of kids, you might not. (Ignoring that, yes, kids are often superior gamers to adults. This generally doesn't extend much past the actual input, as strategy is a thing you don't often develop early.) I think this means that Alliance players feel a bit less in control of their success, because it's heavily "luck of the draw" for which group you get.

This, in turn, contributes more to the sense of hopelessness a lot of alliance teams have, where they give up quickly. It feeds into the habit of failure.

The response to all of this is fairly simple: Work on macros for each BG you're in that explain -very- briefly what a good strategy is. Over time, reactions from your team will help you hone it to 1) have a good tone (people hate being told what to do, but love being informed properly), and 2) be actually accurate to the BG. Hopefully over time other people will catch on and you can, through communication and leadership, reverse the habit of failure. This is especially effective if you have 2-3 people to run with you and form a little core that can follow the strat. That way, people see success associated with the strat.

Trickiest part is that the 'optimal strat' really hinges heavily on who you have in the group. Add an extra healer and an optimal strat for a group may switch from offensive to defensive, or vice versa. If you're really dedicated, you may be into developing multiple strat macros for each BG to choose between based on lineup when you get in there.

Anyways, good luck in pvp. I'd recommend getting some friends together. A coordinated 3- or 4-player cell can have an intense effect on your win/loss ratio.

@Nycon - being sarcastic much?
    @rabbimojo - I agree MOSTLY with both of your posts, love the way you think and after I gave it some thought I think its how actually it is!

Thank your for clearing up my mind a bit

So, assuming they lost because I was in there is really a bad assumption, if I really was so bad, I guess remaining 90% of team can handle with 1 slacker.
    BUT, which isnt the case since I find myself well experienced.

Unlucky? Well Im not the first crying about this matter, everyone I know does, ask any hordie he'll say he wins most. Also I doubt you can get unlucky every day.

Evidence? Sadly I deleted titan panel with the honor view addon which has a statistic, if I remember right, WITH doing some good premades I still had about 40% win ratio TOPS (premades when I could, pugs when I couldnt)

EDIT - @rat - You're actually claiming there's a BG where mostly alliance wins? That must be heaven, tell me the name of it.
    The definition of "good" differs from person to person and realm to realm.

For my battlegroup, it really depends on what time of day I decide to do bgs that I'll run into this problem. If I pvp in late morning/early afternoon, alliance does pretty well. If I wait till evening and later, it seems like all the kids are now home from school and are ready to not work as a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    Now, I understand you said BG's, not WG, but this is a pretty good indicator of how overwhelmingly powerful the horde is over the alliance.

www.timeuntilwintergrasp.com

From that link you can view each server, and you can see the ratio of Horde to Alliance wins in the WG zone, since the book inside the vault door shows this information. I know not every server is up, but just browse for a while, and then keep thinking Alliance have a fair shot.

Most of the Alliance servers that do well are NOT PvP servers.
    http://www.timeuntilwintergrasp.com/realm.asp?r=Drenden

Maybe your Battlegroup is just filled with bads or you have bad luck?

I have around a 60% win rate.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

This is the reason allys lose all BGs on cruelty.

You had your friend Luckyluciano follow you around...it's called healbotting. It's what smart people do, thanks for your "epic" screenshot though.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    You had your friend Luckyluciano follow you around...it's called healbotting. It's what smart people do, thanks for your "epic" screenshot though.
    Ugh, i dont know him. i rarely do BGs with others since they just drag me down. I could post a few other 50-0+ screenies from AV too if you really want to<3 But i thought this was more impressive =P

not many players have worse than a 45% win percentage if bgs after they've played 100 or so. most don't have more than a 55% win percentage either

and no, age has nothing to do with it, the demographics are same and nowadys, most people play both factions.

it's just chance

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    not many players have worse than a 45% win percentage if bgs after they've played 100 or so. most don't have more than a 55% win percentage either

and no, age has nothing to do with it, the demographics are same and nowadys, most people play both factions.

it's just chance

Armory me and check my BG stats. I so must be carrying this battlegroup.

Edit: Okay now I'm just making up numbers!

It's not as bad as a 80% lose ratio on English speakign side of Alliance on the OP's BG anyway.

In my battlegroup alliance loses alot too. and on my server horde has WG 90% of the time its rather annoying for doing voa >
    ggg

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop

it's just chance

There goes that theory...

488 BG's 397 won. That's more than 80% win ratio.

No I dont do premades.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, the only reason either faction loses in battlegrounds is because one side runs around trying to kill anything that comes in sight, while the other has communication, and goes for objectives.

OBJECTIVES, OBJECTIVES, OBJECTIVES, if you want pointless killing, Arena is that Way ====>

If you yell at the beginning of a say, EotS, NO ONE RUN TO MIDDLE OR YOU'RE A DUMBSHIT, and no one goes mid, you have 2 towers, and ~7 people at each tower, have 5-6 run from their tower to the opposing factions tower, which, if they have people being dumb asses going for the flag, will have only ~3 players defending. Unless the faction that is attacking is either retarded or very undergeared, you're going to take the tower

Towers > Flags, Always, the only reason to ever go mid in EotS is if you have >3 towers.

/end rant
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Quote Originally Posted by Renshe
    Honestly, the only reason either faction loses in battlegrounds is because one side runs around trying to kill anything that comes in sight, while the other has communication, and goes for objectives.

OBJECTIVES, OBJECTIVES, OBJECTIVES, if you want pointless killing, Arena is that Way ====>

If you yell at the beginning of a say, EotS, NO ONE RUN TO MIDDLE OR YOU'RE A DUMBSHIT, and no one goes mid, you have 2 towers, and ~7 people at each tower, have 5-6 run from their tower to the opposing factions tower, which, if they have people being dumb asses going for the flag, will have only ~3 players defending. Unless the faction that is attacking is either retarded or very undergeared, you're going to take the tower

Towers > Flags, Always, the only reason to ever go mid in EotS is if you have >3 towers.

/end rant
    What has that got to do with the topic at hand? The topic is about why Horde > Alliance on his particular BG.

Lol yeah blame the kids, because adults couldn't possibly be bad players.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi
    There goes that theory...

488 BG's 397 won. That's more than 80% win ratio.

No I dont do premades.
    I armoried some guys from your guild, and also some alliance that i found on the realm forums... it's quite clear that alliance on cruelty is in a very bad position... wtb tenacity?

The english speaking Alliance on our battlegroup dont have it too bad... they always atleast put up a fight, but when we come across the Spanish... I'm not exagerating by saying we win about 95% of those games unless they rush is in AV.

The horde actually lose a lot of the battles on in my battle group. (Cyclone) It really depends on your battle group.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US