Blood Boil & Unholy Blight

Blood Boil

I think more people than me don't like the way Blood Boil works right now.

As it is right now, it deals up to 2k each target, at the cost of one Blood rune, that doesn't turn into a Death Rune like pestilence, or the 4-5k hitting Blood Strike.
    And also, listen to it's name. "Blood Boil". I think that if your blood really boiled, you would feel more than just a jolt of pain, like it is now.

My suggestions is:
    1) Give it a runic power cost. If it costed 40 RP, and with a little increased damage this could be good for AoE.
    2) Make it a DoT. I'd give it a ~20 second cooldown, and added a DoT to it, perhaps that reduces over time, as the blood cools down.

Unholy Blight

Maybe it works fine in arenas, but I'd love if it became useful in PvE, more than maximum 1% of total damage.

My suggestions for Unholy Blight is:
    1) Let it stack. Getting a 10k DC crit followed by a 6k hit makes hit hit for 60 dmg each sec, but if they stacked it would be 160 instead, which is a considerable amount, compared.
    2) Instead of dealing damage based on DC, make it increase Disease Damage. "Your Death Coils also increase the damage done by diseases by x% for 10 seconds. Eventually, make this stack too, or base the % on how much damage the Death Coil did.

What do you guys think?

Re: Blood Boil & Unholy Blight

Unholy blight already stacks and dks don't need more aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    My suggestions for Unholy Blight is:
    1) Let it stack. Getting a 10k DC crit followed by a 6k hit makes hit hit for 60 dmg each sec, but if they stacked it would be 160 instead, which is a considerable amount, compared.
    2) Instead of dealing damage based on DC, make it increase Disease Damage. "Your Death Coils also increase the damage done by diseases by x% for 10 seconds. Eventually, make this stack too, or base the % on how much damage the Death Coil did.

What do you guys think?
    UB stacks like ignite stacks, or else you'd get incredibly high UB ticks at the end of the fight.

I've never heard anything of UB stacking, can you give me a source? And yes, I did of course mean stacking like ignite =)

10+ Year Old Account

im agreed with shiira on this one dks are already one of the strongest AoE damage classes in the game we dont need any more though i do lament over the old UhB

and Blood Boil works fine for what its meant to do it is great for AoE agro sans HB for tanking and for blood it provides a good amount of aoe DPS

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    I've never heard anything of UB stacking, can you give me a source? And yes, I did of course mean stacking like ignite =)
    Cast a death coil on something and look at the damage unholy blight ticks for, cast another before it ends and look at the unholy blight damage again. Do the maths, it stacks. Or you could just look at any log of an unholy dk dpsing a single target, see that unholy blight always does slightly less than 10% of the damage that death coil does, and realise that that means that it stacks so no damage is lost other than to resists.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    UB stacks like ignite stacks, or else you'd get incredibly high UB ticks at the end of the fight.
    Ignites stacking have been messed up since vanilla and as far as I knew UB does not stack, so please provide the source. Also Blood Boil is complete fail. It does shit damage as OP stated and its not even that great for threat. Do I use it tanking multiple mobs? Yes but I have to use what they give me.

I would like the old UB back tbh, the new one completely sucks and as already stated is only 1% of your overall damage.

And as for bloodboil being an AoE dot.. pretty sure we already have that except its called Death and Decay

Ok, thanx shiira, never thaught of it that way.

But ok, unholy DKs have perhaps the best in-game AoE dps, but then why do we have this bad spell called Blood Boil? Maybe it is a 10 dps boost if you don't have reaping, but aside from that this spell just seem utterly retarded.

Blood boil does low damage because you also have diseases and death and decay hitting every target while you are using it. When you have multiple sources of aoe damage some of them have to be low or you end up with overpowered aoe damage, which unholy already has even with blood boil being relatively bad.

Then the best thing imo would be removing it :< It steals a spot on my action bar :'(

If you don't want to use it that's fine, it isn't a useless ability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Cast a death coil on something and look at the damage unholy blight ticks for, cast another before it ends and look at the unholy blight damage again. Do the maths, it stacks. Or you could just look at any log of an unholy dk dpsing a single target, see that unholy blight always does slightly less than 10% of the damage that death coil does, and realise that that means that it stacks so no damage is lost other than to resists.
    Why do I feel like you have that saved on a clipboard somewhere to copy/paste at a moments notice?

Also, 1% damage for a single talent point is perfectly acceptable. The fact that it provides disease protection is just icing on the cake. Super delicious icing.

if you gave rp cost to blood boil I sure hope you have a plan for AoE threat :$

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    Why do I feel like you have that saved on a clipboard somewhere to copy/paste at a moments notice?

Also, 1% damage for a single talent point is perfectly acceptable. The fact that it provides disease protection is just icing on the cake. Super delicious icing.
    Because it's Shiira and he probably does.

Also, UB stacks like ignite ( because it hasn't been said enough in the thread ), We don't need more AoE ( Same thing, hasn't been said enough. ) and Kumduh replaced my quote in his sig I feel so unloved.

No, the DK forums are 1 big love orgy, so yes, you should feel the love.

Blood Boil is situational and works fine if you're using it at the right times.

Unholy Blight "stacks" in the sense that damage is rolled into successive refreshes of UB.

Not accounting for damage buffsIf you cast a DC for 5000, it adds a 10% DoT for 500 damage over 10 sec (50/sec). If after 5 seconds you cast another DC for 5000, it adds the remainder of the current UB to a new 500 damage DoT for 750 total over 10 seconds, or 75 per tick.

As has already been said, for 1 talent point 1% DPS is a nice investment. Especially when you're DC'ing anyway.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

To understand how ignite stacks:

scenario 1

Ignite ticks 400 over 4 seconds (100 per second)
    s1. 100
    s2. 100
    s3. 100
    s4. 100

scenario 2

Ignite ticks 400 over 4 seconds, then 2 seconds in another ignite is hit for 400 over 4 seconds
    s1. 100
    s2. 100
    s3. 200 (100 from old Ignite, 100 from new one)
    s4. 200 (same, old ignite finishes)
    s5. 100
    s6. 100

How you made it seemed like it should stack (certain trinkets stack like this):

Ignite hits for 400 over 4 seconds, then 2 seconds in another 400 proc, and then 6 seconds in another ignite proc
    s1. 100
    s2. 100
    s3. 200 (both of them doing damage, new ignite refreshes old ignite)
    s4. 200
    s5. 200 (first ignite still up because 2nd one refreshed it)
    s6. 300(another ignite refreshes the "stack")

basically you were proposing that new ignites refreshed the debuff and added damage, therefore making the dot indefenite so long as you can maintain the stack, whereas the current version of Ignite (and therefore UnhB) has the dots act as 2 separate mechanics just combined into 1 debuff (it would be the same if the game put them as 2 Ignite debuffs side by side each with their own duration, but they merged it into 1 view of it to reduce debuff cluttering)
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

15+ Year Old Account

If you had played a fire mage back in Classic, you'd know that indefinite stacking of dots is a very very bad thing.
    Back then it was multiplied by the fact that there was only one Ignite and every mages crit contributed to it's damage.

Rolling Ignites were the main reason mages died in AQ and Naxx :/