Thread: prot help

10+ Year Old Account

prot help

im currently lvl 60 prot warrior and am having threat issues...up until i got into ramps i was doing fine but now i have mages and pallies pulling off me constantly with the occasional DK...i start out with charge, TC, SW, DS, SS, devastate till 5 stacks using TC on every cool down could someone help me out maybe tell me what im doing wrong? thank you

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Ring&cn=Annefe

Deleted

Re: prot help

Hi. For groups of mobs use revenge (hits 2 when talented) and cleave (maybe even glyph cleave), in addition to TC of course.
    Also try not to shockwave too early, wait until your rage bar has filled up a bit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe removing the two points in Improved Disciplines, and max out Gag Order and Critical Block. Shield Slam is number 1 for threat on single targets. Improved Revenge has recently changed to where it hits a second target and does a ton more damage. Use that as often as possible. Your glyphs are good.

Get a group and do that quest in Hellfire that gets you that crit trinket. That should help you with your threat some more.

This is what I typically do: Charge in. I usually pick the mob that is in the back, to where I end up positioning myself in the center of that group. Next is ThunderClap, and it should hit all targets. I back pedal just a bit to force all the mobs in front of me, then Shock Wave.
    Then, if your group is aoe happy, you can Cleave, Revenge and Devastate the mobs to hold aggro. If you glyph for Sunder Armor and use Devastate, you'll apply a Sunder on a second mob (which will also apply Sunder's threat to that mob).

Challenging Shout has a low cooldown, so use it often.

Hope any of this helps.

10+ Year Old Account

thanx for the advice will give that a try and respec

Just put cleave somewhere on your keyboard or bind it to your mouse so you can hit it alot without interrupting your regular tanking rotation.
    Being a clicker myself I switch cleave/heroic strike out on the [1] key and I just hit that every couple seconds.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis