Thread: WG awsomeness!

WG awsomeness!

So ever since blizzard fixed that bug with the alliance get almost instant siege engines my server <Bonechewer US> has held WG almost all day. In fact, this past weekend we held it for about 50+ hours straight.

Anyone else been destroying the alliance in WG?
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Re: WG awsomeness!

In the weekend when I started to play WG on Deathwing-EU (Horde) I think we held it for whole weekend

I feel the Alliance tho (except gnomes)

Alliance on Exodar-US sucks at WG, and almost all battlegrounds for that matter.

So glad they fixed the instant-siege bug. Was tired of losing WG literally less than a minute into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    So glad they fixed the instant-siege bug. Was tired of losing WG literally less than a minute into the fight.
    I didnt think that was actually a bug. I thought it was part of their countermeasures against overbalanced sides. The longer one side holds and defends the keep, the bigger advantages the attacking team starts to get after a while. Eventually, they start starting the fight with full rank 1 or 2 access to vehicles immediately. If they were getting instant sieges, it prob means your side has held the fortress for like 10+ consecutive defends.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    I didnt think that was actually a bug. I thought it was part of their countermeasures against overbalanced sides. The longer one side holds and defends the keep, the bigger advantages the attacking team starts to get after a while. Eventually, they start starting the fight with full rank 1 or 2 access to vehicles immediately. If they were getting instant sieges, it prob means your side has held the fortress for like 10+ consecutive defends.
    The bug part, I believe, was the fact that alliance were able to log out with max rank then log in for another game, build siege, then log out again. At least, that's how it seemed on Dreadmaul-US anyway with 8 siege 5 sec into the battle.

No there is no bug. Blizz finally told everyone about how their tug of war mechanic works. Then they changed it because it was a little op.

If you didnt read about it, ill clarify.

OLD TUG OF WAR MECHANIC: Lets say horde wins WG. Next WG, they defend successfully. The tug of war meter leans towards alliance a little. This goes on and on for about 10 battles.
    If alliance continues to lose, yes they pretty much spawn with first lt and can make sieges. And yes, the 10 battles thing is a fictional guess. 3-4 straight losses usually meant instant sieges.

Blizz implemented it so each faction had the chance to do voa. They didnt like the idea of one faction monopolizing the raid.

Now that they have changed it, i have noticed a fair change. on my server horde will control wg 2 times, ally 2 times. and so forth. its pretty even now. of course, horde has defended like 700 times where as the ally have defended like 200...
    Un-banned and ready to unleash the Cool stories.. Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    And eredar is a draenei corrupted by sargeras to fight with the Burning Legion. Just because your a lock doesn't mean your /brofistin' Sargeras. ffs ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by Aimii
    The bug part, I believe, was the fact that alliance were able to log out with max rank then log in for another game, build siege, then log out again. At least, that's how it seemed on Dreadmaul-US anyway with 8 siege 5 sec into the battle.
    Its not a bug. Blizzard already said it wasnt the case after checking it for themselves.

Also, "instant sieges" are working as intended, see here.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29393344&sid=1

Each consecutive successful defense after a faction’s first two consecutive defenses will further tip the scale 100 points in favor of the opposing faction.

* As a quick example, if the scale is at 0 and the Alliance capture Wintergrasp fortress while attacking, the scale will not move. If the Alliance defend Wintergrasp twice in a row after this, the scale will move 100 points in favor of the Horde. Each consecutive defense by the Alliance after this will move the scale 100 points further in favor of the Horde each time, bringing the Horde to 400 points in their favor after one unsuccessful defense and five unsuccessful attacks, a total of six Horde losses in a row.

* As another example, if the scale is at 400 in favor of the Horde and they capture Wintergrasp fortress while attacking, the scale will move 100 points in favor of the Alliance. If the Horde defend Wintergrasp twice in a row after this, the scale will move 100 points in favor of the Alliance. Each consecutive defense by the Horde after this will move the scale 100 points further in favor of the Alliance each time, bringing the Alliance to 100 points in their favor after one unsuccessful defense and five unsuccessful attacks, a total of six Alliance losses in a row.

The following advantages are provided at the beginning of the battle for Wintergrasp whenever these corresponding ranges on the scale have been reached:

* 0-300: No advantages granted.
    * 400: Faction starts with the Sunken Ring Factory under their control.
    * 500: Faction starts with the Sunken Ring and Broken Temple Factories under their control.
    * 600: Faction starts with the Sunken Ring and Broken Temple Factories under their control and gains access to Catapults after earning 1 kill in battle.
    * 700: Faction starts with the Sunken Ring and Broken Temple Factories under their control and gains access to Catapults, Siege Engines, and Demolishers after earning 1 kill in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus

Anyone else been destroying the alliance in WG?
    We, the Horde of Madoran, get trounced. 5-7 stacks of tenacity most days, but even with 1 stack we barely get to the walls.

The best is seeing:
    /1 Go west, go west!
    /1 We are west, they have 40 just down the ramp! Go East!
    /1 Can't even get within range of the walls!

Tenacity 1. 3:13 left.

Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Horde on Skullcrusher have always destroyed Alliance in WG , even before the patch

10+ Year Old Account

Same with my server. We've always held WG. Alliance would get it once a week maybe, and that hasn't changed.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

On Mal'Ganis alliance rarely ever hold WG, most times they have about 15-20 stacks of tend too.

Gorgonnash is about 50/50 during any time of the day that matters, but horde tends to hold it more often than alliance at like 5am.

One day the alliance held WG for 3 games, it was pretty awesome, then all the people who use RP-GGs logged off and we went back to win lose win lose.

10+ Year Old Account

Moonrunner-US is balls. This entire week Alliance has had control of WG, Horde had it maybe 3 times, and at around 6 am, server's bad enough at Primetime we have to troll all day waiting for the numbers to thin out and go to bed before our tenacity goes below 6, then we still have the derps putting D on towers with catapults, effin sweet. I'm sure it's not the worst server, but it's gotta be up there, at least in balancing issues

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm Horde and we hold WG at least 3 times as much as the Alliance. I think the book says Allies have held WG like 150 times and we have like 600 times.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Dear Horde,
    We (The alliance of Hellfire-EU) have decided that you can have Wg when you take it from our cold,dead hands.
    Hugz and kisses

Blizz should seriously cap the maximum amount of horde to alliance (and vice versa) to avoid too much overpopulation. At least give those poor ickle allies a chance.

All alliance who don't win, come to darkspear-EU

On wednesday they have wg a few times, rest of the week we grind some horde and pretty common make horde able to build 0 vehicles.