• ^ + Valithera

222 11.59%
  • Plague, Frostwing, Crimson

327 17.08%
  • Everything except PP, Queen and Sindra

235 12.27%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there's one on thunderlord that does 7/12hm and kills rs too, there are also several 10 man pugs that can manage 11/12hm with lk

Deleted
    Pugs end reliably on the doorstep to Valithria after Fester and Rot are down. 10, 25, doesn't matter...
    On SWC-EU it's gotten to the point where I've completely lost my appetite to pug at all. I can probably run through the first half of ICC with my eyes closed by now. :|

12/12 with 9-10 hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    i've full cleared "pug" on my shaman. mind you most of us were alts from my guild and the other top guild on my server.
    ^this
    ours turned nto a weekly gdkp now, and now our OTHER alts (for those who have them) do another gdkp run.
    1st one is 11/12 hm 25 +halion
    2nd is 9/12 hm 25 +halion

but i guess it's not really considered a pug anymore because the people are pretty consistent

11/12 HC each saturday, in a stable pug of alts from top guilds of my server.

Deleted
    Good poll. Pug's are terrible though on my realm, so Saurfang furthest I got. Everybody leaves after that too, it's like the pug limit.

I'm not sure how to vote, most people do Rotface then Festergut right? So if I vote for Festergut it includes Rotface? Farthest I've gotten was downing them both, I think the raid was going to continue on another day but I didn't go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have taken 10/12 in a pug, we didn't have time for more, but we do have some 12/12 pugs there to, also mostly GDKP runs.

The problem with this poll is that you don't define "pug" at all. For some people a gathering of alts from the top guilds on a server is a pug, for others it's a completely random group assembled through trade channel spam with no skill/gear/achievement checks whatsoever.

My definition of a "pug" is that it is a randomly assembled group of whoever happens to be available, usually formed in trade channel and with fewer than 50% of the group being friends or from the same guild. If you know most of the people in the run, it's not really a pug, more an organized gathering of friends. GDKP runs don't really count as pugs for me either, as by definition there's some "ringers" in there who are going to carry the group and make gold for themselves. That's no more of a pug than if me, you, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'neal decided to go down to the local schoolyard to see who we might play b-ball with.

Having said that, I've been in many pugs, one of which got Fester and Rot down. 90% of them quit after Sourfang. The last one I was in was so rife with terrible players, loot drama and sabotage that it fell apart at 3/12. Apparently the latest thing for trolls to gorge themselves on is switching off the 30% buff mid-run without telling anyone then watching trade channel blow up after the pug falls apart on gunship.

Good times.

Deleted
    10/12. We tried Sindra but clock was something like 3:00 AM so it didn't really work out.

Deleted
    after u came back from a long expedition, i felt in the need for some good hardcore raiding after exams, fidning myself guildess some months before, i joined a pug, and we cleared 7/12 with an extremely well geared, smart and tactical raid, this is where i logged as i was too shattered to continue, they were understanding when i left and i heard later on that the raid went on to clear 11/12 =)

I feel I should add I was once in a Icc25 pug when the weekly was Marrowgar. They intended to go as far as they could (likely first four at least you know) but the group was so dumb we downed Marrow and just couldn't do Deathwhisper. We had at least one member who was simply afk on the last attempts and refused to listen. At least we all got the weekly done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten up to 11/12 but that was GDKP run set up by one of the server's top guilds.

The only true pug I've done wiped on Marrowgar and then broke up. But this was back before the Strength of Wrynn buff.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

My GKP goes 12/12 with 6 HMs so... didn't see that option in the poll.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

where's the full clear option?

15+ Year Old Account
    So after doing stuff all for ~4.5 months(stopped raiding after killing LK) I recently lead a bunch of pugs that were all 4/12 or 6/12 experience to 10/12 +heroic lootship, made me realize just how easy things got after this buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time my pugs get to the bosses that have mechanics and people lose their fucking minds. Or we down saurfang and the loot master takes everything then logs.

Well I'm stuck at 6/12 since I left my guild some months ago. We wiped on PP at 1% tho. However, even though I know the fights, I can't get into the good PUG's because they all require acheivements.

I would say it's damn near impossible to do PROGRESS in a PUG.

It's a paradox; to make progress, you need achievements to ensure people know their shit, but if they have achievements, it will not be progress.

Trust me, if you only inspect and make sure people know tactics, you WILL get idiots who made it through your clever filter.

On my server we also experience the 4-boss-leavers. These people sign up for runs aiming 10-12 bosses, yet they leave after Saurfang is down without a word. Since there are so many, and no one wants to join after 4 bosses are down, they literally make it impossible to continue.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver