Nvidia 9800GT Card issues

Greetings. I've had this 9800gt card for 6 months now and it worked fine, then all of a sudden a couple days ago it just cut out and refuses to display anything on my screen.

I've tried reinstalling drivers etc but to no avail.

Anyone had a similar problem and found a fix? Thanks in advance.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Re: Nvidia 9800GT Card issues

I'm sorry but it sounds like your card is broken. Do you have access to another graphics card that you can swap it with? If it doesn't work with the other graphics card then its probably the PCIe port that is broken.

I'm using a really old 7300 gt card atm, i had an 8x one as well but that doesnt seem to work. The card that just stopped working is working fine in my old desktop so i'm not sure exactly what the issue is.

One works fine in this, the other works fine in the other computer. It just doesnt make sense :/
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Maybe your power supply isn't enough to power it. But its strange that it worked and then just stopped.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Maybe your power supply isn't enough to power it. But its strange that it worked and then just stopped.
    Not necessarily strange in that instance. If the PSU was underamping the card, it might work perfectly for 6 months and then die. Electronics can only handle poor power for so long.

OP: Please include the information requested in the stickies.