Page 1 of 2
LastLast

shadow trinket choices

hey

i recently re rolled shadow, and my gear is not optimal yet... still have some healer'ish items.
    I have about 3200 sp with inner fire, 22% crit, 500 haste

Question about trinkets... i know there is a bis list, but this is what i got at the moment:

solace: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47041
    althors abacus: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50359
    extract of necromantic power: http://www.wowhead.com/item=40373
    Sundial of the Exiled: http://www.wowhead.com/item=40682

what's the best combo... should i just go for all out spellpower or mix it up. The first 2 are more healer trinkets, but have tons of spellpower. help

trying to get the one from Pos and Muradins spyglass at the moment.

Re: shadow trinket choices

I'd say Althor's and Abyssal Rune (TotC5N)
    Spyglass and Rune will be the easiest to obtain if you aren't raiding anything below ICC or have access to Rotface kills.

Although not sure, I'd say AA and Sundial right now.

From the ones you have Sundial and Althors would give you the most dps. As the above poster mentioned get abyssal rune and you can drop either Althors.

10+ Year Old Account

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134

^ Bookmark the BiS list and use it!

I would use Solace and Sundial atm and try to get Abyssal Rune to replace Sundial with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134

^ Bookmark the BiS list and use it!
    People like you are anoing, doesn't give an answer and gives us a link which the OP is aware of...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    I would use Solace and Sundial atm and try to get Abyssal Rune to replace Sundial with.

People like you are anoing, doesn't give an answer and gives us a link which the OP is aware of...
    I'm sorry I irk you, but I prefer to use what will get me the highest DPS. I don't care how anyone 'feels' about what gear is best. There is a clear mathematical answer to what gear is best. If you want to get the highest DPS possible, follow the BiS list. If you're not concerned about what will get you the best DPS and prefer to gear on opinion or what 'feels' best, go for it, it's your 15$

And this is my 2c.

I'm sorry I irk you, but I prefer to use what will get me the highest DPS. I don't care how anyone 'feels' about what gear is best. There is a clear mathematical answer to what gear is best. If you want to get the highest DPS possible, follow the BiS list. If you're not concerned about what will get you the best DPS and prefer to gear on opinion or what 'feels' best, go for it, it's your 15$

And this is my 2c.
    Its gonna be pretty game breaking come Cata, when you have to actually look at the gear you have and what items you want to swap in and determine what is the best for you with your current gear. As opposed to looking at a list and just being like " well EJ says to use it so I will"

10+ Year Old Account

I'd use Solace and Althor's
    max spellpower combo, then exchange Solace with Muradin's Spyglass when you get it

The 2 that give you the most raw spell power. If I remember correctly the 2 with SP proces have a low uptime.

Agreed on most input here. You should be ok using Althor's + Solace since its a pretty big SP boost, but I would change out Solace as soon as you get Abyssal Rune or Muradin's. I'm just not a big fan of either of the two dps trinkets you listed but YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pycies
    Its gonna be pretty game breaking come Cata, when you have to actually look at the gear you have and what items you want to swap in and determine what is the best for you with your current gear. As opposed to looking at a list and just being like " well EJ says to use it so I will"
    Oh man, you got me! I thought my shemming ways would go unnoticed too!

Look if you're trying to say that opinion > fact, have at. This is a $15 thing.

I am going to incorporate math, logic, 40,000 iterations of encounters, theorycrafting, fight strategy, and the consensus of dozens of the highest performing / progressed and intelligent individuals into my decision making process. I think it would be prudent to take all that into consideration, and it will never cease to amaze me that I will get ridiculed for doing so from time to time such as this.

And this is my 2c.
    You irk me as you care to be arsed about looking up if those trinkets he have even can be found in that list...
    I do use the list to, but I never go blindly after it, use your own values given from simcrafts if you wanne max your dps.
    Just my 2c :/

thanks for the replies... gave me some ideas.

I picked up Abyssal rune: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47213

just wondered if it was worth getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=42135 over Althor's ? :-)
    damn spyglass wont drop

Deleted

I would say that Never melting ice crystal, is a great SP trinket, since all of your dots doesn't remove the stacks, and its pretty easy to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarýa
    I would say that Never melting ice crystal, is a great SP trinket, since all of your dots doesn't remove the stacks, and its pretty easy to obtain.
    yes, but... done the instance 100 times and the one time it dropped i lost it to a resto druid
    gonna keep trying though, hate rng sometimes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel
    yes, but... done the instance 100 times and the one time it dropped i lost it to a resto druid
    gonna keep trying though, hate rng sometimes.

Ahh okey, i got it at my second run or so ... but keep it up

Oh man, you got me! I thought my shemming ways would go unnoticed too!

Look if you're trying to say that opinion > fact, have at. This is a $15 thing.

I am going to incorporate math, logic, 40,000 iterations of encounters, theorycrafting, fight strategy, and the consensus of dozens of the highest performing / progressed and intelligent individuals into my decision making process. I think it would be prudent to take all that into consideration, and it will never cease to amaze me that I will get ridiculed for doing so from time to time such as this.
    Sometimes it it a good idea to read the OP before replying. Nothing you have said have anything to do with what he said.

You do realise that gear is not just something you go into a store to buy, right? First you need it to drop, then you need to win it. That takes time.
    OP never said he wouldn't use the BiS list, he simply asked which of his current trinkets it is best to use until he can actually get the stuff on that list.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Isita
    Sometimes it it a good idea to read the OP before replying. Nothing you have said have anything to do with what he said.

You do realise that gear is not just something you go into a store to buy, right? First you need it to drop, then you need to win it. That takes time.
    OP never said he wouldn't use the BiS list, he simply asked which of his current trinkets it is best to use until he can actually get the stuff on that list.
    Makes sense then that I wasn't responding to the OP, but another poster :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zarýa
    Nooo!
    People, stop giving bad advice, NMIC is a horrible trinket compared to "real" trinkets. the 20% crit seems like a great buff, but it isn't.
    Abacus and Rune is what you should be using.

Please stop spewing bad advice on NIC. It is not as amazing as it is for Affliction Warlocks, but it does beat a large number of trinkets all the way up to the 251/258 level trinkets. It beats Abyssal Rune on any very short, or decently long fight as long as you can roll it for at least 75% of the fight. It might be bad on something like Blood Princes, or Dreamwalker, or Gunship... but to claim it's a bad trinket just proves you don't understand it and aren't using it properly.