Could use some advice for my dps gear

Heya, playing with a prot warrior as my main, and rarely if ever use my off spec, which is Fury atm. Last time I did was back in Ulduar or so. Back when ArP started getting popular, I never had a trinket for it, and generally figured that my gear wasn't up for it yet, however, I'm thinking that maybe I should change my gems and go ArP instead.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Sparkie

So, basically, these are my questions:
    • I'd like any advice possible for my spec
    • Should I keep Strength Gems, or would ArP be better for me, even if I don't have any other trinkets?
    • I got Ramaladni's (Heroic), which weapon (out of this one and the two I'm currently wearing) should I use? And in which hand should I have which weapon, is it worth putting a slower weapon in my main hand for increased whirlwind damage, even if it means Bryntroll will proc less?

If there's a huge upgrade available from Frost emblems or such, feel free to mention it, but generally, I need those for my tanking gear, so can't really get set bonuses or such tings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Could use some advice for my dps gear

Ur gear is quite good for an offspec. Anyways:

1 .I'd suggest to you to go for ArP gems, atleast until 53%, the rating needed to get 100% ArP with Needle Encrusted Scorpion's proc.

2. U have too much hit rating, with "Precision" no more than 170-180 hit rating, meaning 5%;while ur expertise rating is perfect. The best thing u can do is to buy Darkmoon Card:Greatness, which is a very good replace for that crap, Mark of Supremacy, and will solve your hit problem.

3. After u get, i dont know.., items with ArP stats, u can go for 100% ArP (1400 rating). But ofc, the best BiS is needed, Deathbringer's WiLL. And u can try that, even more if ur a rich guy tho.

4. DONT use ur heroic Ramaladni, cause ur expertise rating will be alot more than needed, just like hit. Your weapons are good now, the best replace would be Shadow's Edge, but as an offspec, i dont think u will pay that money for it.

I think these are all my advices, dont think i have something more to say. Gl bro.

Thanks for the tips, I'll gem for some ArP asap, so I'll get up to the soft cap.

Quote Originally Posted by gHouLwiNg
    2. U have too much hit rating, with "Precision" no more than 170-180 hit rating, meaning 5%;while ur expertise rating is perfect. The best thing u can do is to buy Darkmoon Card:Greatness, which is a very good replace for that crap, Mark of Supremacy, and will solve your hit problem.
    I'm aware of my too high hit rating, but haven't gemmed for it or anything, and haven't got any other trinkets atm, so not much of a choice for me. Is it viable to spec out of Precision and improve shouts or something like that instead, assuming I'm too much over hit cap even after I change trinket?

Also, regarding the trinket, is Greatness my best option, or would the Herkuml War Token be a viable alternative? Just want to know what my options are since there's still some time until the next Darkmoon Faire.

your trinket alone is giving you about 4% hit. that being said i seem to recall you hovering at around 11-12% the cap is 8. so drop the trinket, keep precision, get a hit aura blue person in your group and you'll be fine.

You could honestly stand to lose the expertise gems too since you're a bit over the cap which is about 24-25 expertise. you're at 27 if i recall. switching to ramaladi's will make it worse as the aforementioned poster said. However in the long run it does seem viable, because you're going to have to swap out a lot of your expertise gear for better gear that has armor pen.

Basically as a fury warrior that's gearing up for better dps, your goal is to get as much ARp as possible, that's pretty much what your dps equates too. you have 21% if i recall as well as 16% haste which is confusing. until you hit the hard cap of 100% ARp haste is basically a non essential, definitely not prioritized over ARp to say the least.

In the long run, it seems better if you swapped out bryntroll with a weapon that actually has equip stats (like ralamadi that has a sizeable bulk of ARp, about 10% if gemmed for it, maybe a bit more) then regem all your gear with ARp, lose Mark of supremacy and replace it with ideally greatness card, however if that's too much then, replace it with mirror of truth at the least. you get much more procs out of it, as well crit is much better than 4% more hit over the cap.

10+ Year Old Account

From checking your armory you should have cryptmaker in your mainhand since its slower and from what i know Bryntroll got changed so it cant proc of HS:s anymore.
    Also you should farm ToC 5 normal for the banner of victory and replace your hit trinket since your overcapped and then aim for the arp softcap for NES which should be at 722 ArP rating

Ps. looking from your latest kills you got icc 10hc open for pickin up loot so aim on replacing your neck with the one from sindragosa
    Also since your so high over the hit cap I guess the mail belt from princes 10hc would be better then your current hit one :>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eihline
    Thanks for the tips, I'll gem for some ArP asap, so I'll get up to the soft cap.

I'm aware of my too high hit rating, but haven't gemmed for it or anything, and haven't got any other trinkets atm, so not much of a choice for me. Is it viable to spec out of Precision and improve shouts or something like that instead, assuming I'm too much over hit cap even after I change trinket?

Also, regarding the trinket, is Greatness my best option, or would the Herkuml War Token be a viable alternative? Just want to know what my options are since there's still some time until the next Darkmoon Faire.
    So, u must not remove ur precision talent points, never ever. In case u can lose some hit, which obviously u can, wait for some new offspec items, as i've said before (arp+crit=best). Even if darkmoon faire is far away, and u want so bad to make ur fury spec as good as ur main spec (prot) why u dont buy a +90 str card from ah? Ofc, having some nice money to you. If not, get herkuml war token. I have to say greatness is better in my oppinion, even if it has an internal cd, and herkuml its just keeping 340 ap on you all the time, at 20 stacks ofc. U know there is a huge difference between strength and ap regarding warriors, and obviously str > ap . Even if the proc comes once in 1 min, 300 strength means more than.. 400, 450+ ap. And that 90 strength , by wearing the item, its very very good. And idd, like other guys who replied, u dont need haste as a warrior, for a warrior the best stats and the stats a warrior must improve and make them perfect, are crit and ArP by far. U can even benefit from haste, but again, u kinda have to get the dBw before some dpsers who are fighting like mads for it. From other stuffs, other items, not speaking about gems, nop. So make urself an idea about our advices and try to make ur offspec a perfect fury spec

Quote Originally Posted by Garglemoth
    You could honestly stand to lose the expertise gems too since you're a bit over the cap which is about 24-25 expertise. you're at 27 if i recall.
    Uhm no. Exp cap is 26. It has never been 24-25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

Quote Originally Posted by Crosscut
    Uhm no. Exp cap is 26. It has never been 24-25.
    Yeah, I was under the cap when I changed some gear before the weekend, and figured gemming for it would be the best optin, 27 was as close as I could get, but figured it would be worth it.

First of all, most of your questions can and more importantly, should, be answered by Landsoul's Spreadsheet. Learning how to use the spreadsheet is far more valuable then any one piece of itemization advice you could receive in these forums. With that said, let's do a quickie audit:

It's always hard to work with offspec itemization because some of the better Icecrown drops will be accounted for by main spec raiders. Luckily though, most of the good stuff comes from badges but we'll get into that in a bit.

Let's go into some global Fury traits.

* Eliminate Haste as much as possible
    * Go for 160 hit
    * Go for 24-26 Expertise
    * Sky's the limit on the ArP
    * 4 pc T10 (dont get the gloves)

Now... let's go into those sweet, sweet badge upgrades.

* Armor Pen / Crit Cape (you dont need the Exp cape if you have Heroic Ramaladamama's)
    * Vengeful Noose Belt
    * All 4 T10, no gloves
    * Gatecrusher's Gauntlets
    * War Token Trinket (the only acceptable haste item you'll pickup)

But once again... get that Spreadsheet. Hit and Expertise caps are made to be broken and often going under the caps will bring more dps then capping them, though you'll never know without the Spreadsheet to guide your itemization.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

To edit the poster above, u want 26 Exp, not 24-26
    go for 8% hit all day
    The Sky is not the limit for ArP, ˷ 1400 is the cap=100% so no you do not want anything above that
    T10 gloves are ok, but do not buy them, if they drop from VoA and you win, if you do not have the gauntlets, use them
    Do not get the War Token Trinket,ever (you even said "Eliminate Haste as much as Possible")
    you are better off with Banner, DWill, DW,GT,NeS(to get to cap), or even DC:G, over the War Token,
    but try to get DW and DWill

Yes spreadsheets and guides are nice, but you should never go under any MINIMUM cap for Exp/Hit...You want 8% hit period. A bit over is ok, as long as you do not gem for it. Same with Exp, if you have 27-28 it is ok, just do not gem for it and if you are above 30, check out your gear selections find something to replace something with less Exp on it. Spreadsheets/reports have shown that esp a bit more hit will increase ones dps, not a bit less than the MINIMUM cap.
    Just thought I should clear this up.

I meant a viable expertise rating or (cap) since what i was going off of was the BIS preheroic gearset which i think totals about 24-26 expertise without gems? i could be wrong on that though, probably am.

Either way, i'm aware it's not the 100% dodge proof expertise cap, i'm saying it's a viable place to be at since like one of the above posters said that at a certain expertise point other stats overtake it for more dps due to such a low chance of being dodged.

I'm sorry that came off as cryptic. and honestly, you're fine with 7% hit, get heroic presence, whatever raids you are doing with your guild should have at least one blue person.

going undercaps depending on how far under and what you're gaining from it is viable. giving you a .10% chance to miss the boss for a 10% ARp upgrade is something to consider. You Can spreadsheet it to find out the exact math. Again this statement is based off my personal dps experience as a fury warrior as well as spreadsheeting.

Plus that and there's always other options, like hit Food or ARp food. You can be pretty flexible, the caps aren't that impossible to juggle.

The t10 gloves are bad given the options you need to ultimately need for the 4p10, and in the end what itemization you end up with. but they are fine if you win them perchance in VOA and are better than what you have without horrendously overcapping you.

Sorry, you said that going under a cap will increase ones dps...I am sure after thinking about it, infact at 4% hit u will do less dps as at 5% period. That was the biggest thing that I wanted to clear up for you.