10+ Year Old Account

New Death Knight starting hub (Speculation ONLY, NOT REAL)

So I've been reading up on ideas on what the new DK quest hub will be when you first make a char. Some people are thinking it'll change completely, like when you make any new char, they get "created" or ready to start their journey then and there. So you wont be seeing LK but instead maybe learn your past and master your powers.

Others state that you'll still have the original phased zone since it'll be like a small time warp (best way i can think of) LK is there and it goes like normal, and then all of a sudden boom! Cataclysm and LK is dead when you go to Org/SW (dont know how that can be explained with their idea ;x)

;3 My guess is on the first one, especially if you can (eventually) become a Worgen/Goblin DK :P

lol now my idea is obviously biased, but i do want to know other peoples' opinions ^^ and if someone who thinks the second idea can explain better Or if you have a different idea on how it might be ^_^
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted

Re: New Death Knight starting hub (Speculation ONLY, NOT REAL)

There wont be a new hub, since you are phased out and the time of the quests are before we even reached ICC.. Before Ashen Verdict. So there wont be any new quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums
    So I've been reading up on ideas on what the new DK quest hub will be when you first make a char. Some people are thinking it'll change completely, like when you make any new char, they get "created" or ready to start their journey then and there. So you wont be seeing LK but instead maybe learn your past and master your powers.

Others state that you'll still have the original phased zone since it'll be like a small time warp (best way i can think of) LK is there and it goes like normal, and then all of a sudden boom! Cataclysm and LK is dead when you go to Org/SW (dont know how that can be explained with their idea ;x)

;3 My guess is on the first one, especially if you can (eventually) become a Worgen/Goblin DK :P

lol now my idea is obviously biased, but i do want to know other peoples' opinions ^^ and if someone who thinks the second idea can explain better Or if you have a different idea on how it might be ^_^
    The DK starting zone is set in the past, it takes place sometime before the Alliance and Horde travel to Northrend.

The only reason you don't get put in a phased Orgrimmar/Stormwind when going to sign up is for gameplay reasons.

10+ Year Old Account

;3 so will it be same phase zone, different mapping because of cataclysm?? Or same phase zone since cataclysm hasn't happened yet...but it has once we talk to our faction leader?? >.> and if cataclysm hasn't happened until you talk to them...will you talk to Thrall, and then you phase out standing in front of Garrosh??

:3 this is what im talking about lol, where does the phase end and current begin and how does it not clash between the two ;x
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus
    There wont be a new hub, since you are phased out and the time of the quests are before we even reached ICC.. Before Ashen Verdict. So there wont be any new quests.
    ^ This

For the same reason that up until Cataclysm you were doing the same quests in the same dungeons that you had been doing for 5 years. And then when you hit 60 (or 58) you had to drag each toon through the storylines of Outland. Just because you (or others on your realm) has completed something, doesn't mean its "finished" for every new character (with a few exceptions, like the AQ war effort).

Quote Originally Posted by theomegapoint
    ^ This

For the same reason that up until Cataclysm you were doing the same quests in the same dungeons that you had been doing for 5 years. And then when you hit 60 (or 58) you had to drag each toon through the storylines of Outland. Just because you (or others on your realm) has completed something, doesn't mean its "finished" for every new character (with a few exceptions, like the AQ war effort).

WAIT! this game has a story line? wtf when did that happen brah?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by anha

WAIT! this game has a story line? wtf when did that happen brah?
    hmm somewhere between the dawn of the titans to them expanding the Emerald Dream....oh wait...:P they didn't even bother to finish the Eranikus quest line starting from Sunken Temple ;x

anyways, gotta get work out of the way ;x yay for it finally being while wow is down and not the other way around XP

Hope to read some good response tho when i come back!!!

Sorry but no new starting zone or quest hub for DKs. If anyone get a new one it would be Trolls and Gnomes.

It won't change. As far as your Death Knight is concerned, the Lich King is alive and well.

Death knights start out right before the events of TBC. You're essentially being rolled before the Cataclysm happens then you're headed right for Outland, then Northrend, then you get to come home to a ruined Azeroth.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

10+ Year Old Account

I dont think they will have a new starting zone, and i dont see it being revamped at all....but how are they going to explain the Worgen and Goblin DK's?....Or do you think VBlizz will jsut kind of ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGitsAzyure
    I dont think they will have a new starting zone, and i dont see it being revamped at all....but how are they going to explain the Worgen and Goblin DK's?....Or do you think VBlizz will jsut kind of ignore it.
    Crygil already posted on the matter a while back: Goblins are everywhere, and there are Worgen up in Grizzly Hills. Your goblin DK simply isn't a Bilgewater, and your worgen DK isn't Gilnean.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Still going to be weird though.... I mean when you go to talk to your faction leader your still there with everyone else. Unless they just have cities completely empty until you get to a certain level. Once you get out of the starting area your able to go wherever you want. So when you travel to STV it will be after Cataclysm events.... >_> Oh well only time will tell how they plan to work this in.
    ~Every fight is a food fight when your undead~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizon
    Still going to be weird though.... I mean when you go to talk to your faction leader your still there with everyone else. Unless they just have cities completely empty until you get to a certain level. Once you get out of the starting area your able to go wherever you want. So when you travel to STV it will be after Cataclysm events.... >_> Oh well only time will tell how they plan to work this in.
    Probably by phasing Elwynn/Durotar and Stormwind/Orgrimmar to it's pre-Cataclysm state then phasing you into the current way things are. At that point, it's just a case of things being a little anachronitic like any MMO.

Thanks Amuno!