Thread: RaF Shaman

RaF Shaman

I'm new to leveling a Shaman although I'm not new to WoW (Been a hunter for a long time) as I've just got my housemate to start playing (Recruit a friend) as a Warlock (Alliance).

As soon as we created our toons, I got summoned to his location (so I was a Draenei and went to the Human starting zone) and started questing. I completely forgot that there are no training around so at Lv10 I've not visited one yet.

Now, if I go to a city, is it just a case of buying all the skills/totems etc? Are there any shaman specific quests I need to do for anything? Where are these quests?

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: RaF Shaman

iirc. shamans have to go get thier totems every 10 levels. May have changed since I was a low level shaman. *shrug*
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Well i would say check wowhead or thott or any page like that. But when i was a young shaman ~2½ ago there where 4 totems quest don't know if they been removed or not though.

Deleted

There's a shaman trainer on the left as you enter Stormwind from the human baby zone - you may have to use water walking to get to her (or you'll wish you could walk on water anyway)!

The shaman quests are now optional.

I'm pretty sure when you hit level 60+ you can acquire totems from quests in BC zone (counts as all totems) so you don't need to do those annoying shaman quests for crummy totems WHICH YOU CANNOT DISPOSE OF. that eats up 4 slots of bag space in bank.

The 4 totems can now be disposed of by talking to your shaman trainer, you can turn in all your totems for one totem that counts for all. I found the quest you can do for it http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66747#.

cool, so I can just carry on regardless then as I'll get the totems from a trainer at some point (Outlands).

I'm sure my fully loaded heirlooms will fill in any gaps ;D

Yep just carry on, you won't be able to summon totems till lvl 63~ in that case though if you don't mind it, but when you do a quest in nagrand for http://www.wowhead.com/item=25645

or Underbog for http://www.wowhead.com/item=24413

Ah cool, cheers guys!

I think what i'll do is try and make it to Exodar when my mate isn't online and set my HS to there, so I can go there at lv20/30 to do the totem quests and get my mate to summon me back. Saying that, the earth one hasn't really been that useful at the moment.

I do have another question though: How should I level?

I've got the full set of spell power-ish heirlooms (look up Valessra Chromaggus-EU) so I guess there would be some synergy if I went Ele/Resto? I'm planning on hitting all the dungeons on the way up (or most of them) so healing would be useful (esp for dungeon finder) but then again elemental will be good for getting the damage in while questing and whatnot. Which tree should I focus on the most?

DPSing & healing in a dungeon could be fun, is Shaman a class that can do both at the same time?

you can heal and dps with resto but not so much as ele whilst leveling. Stuff will die real fast with the BoA gear even as resto throwing bolts and chain lighting with shocks, and anything that lives long and hurts you, you can just out grind it anyways.

As far as i know you have to do the shaman totem quests at least for the Stoneskin, Searing and the Healing Stream totems, because they are not trainable, you will get them as a reward for these quests.