Deleted

Retribution 2vs2 and 3vs3 setups

Hello fellow paladins,

So recently I have tried some different combos in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with my retribution paladin.
    None really seemed any good, I tried rogue-retribution, resto shaman-retribution and elemental-retribution in 2vs2 and in 3vs3 I tried Priest-rogue-retri.
    I played these setups before in Tbc and first seasons of Wotlk and then they really worked out, got 2k easily with those.

Any suggestions on good working combos in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with a retribution paladin.
    (I did look for some setups at Arena Junkies but I am asking you guys for advice)

Thanks in advance for your help .

Re: Retribution 2vs2 and 3vs3 setups

ret/mage of ret/destro for the lulz and skillfights.

I've faced more than one rogue ret combo in 2s above 2k this season, and they really do have some burst. All of the good ones trane the target with the least cooldowns while sapping/blinding/repenting the other in hopes of burning down the target before they can get help.

It can work, but like any other team you have to use alot of coordination of your CC and cooldowns.

3s I run Resto Shaman- Frost Mage- Ret paladin (2344 current rating)
    2s I run the same Frost Mage and Ret (2190 rating)

Mage+Retadin cc/stuns make them my fav comp.

In 3v3 I would reccomend Ret/MM Hunter/Resto Shaman or Ret/Rogue/Priest
    In 2v2 I would reccomend Ret/Rogue or Ret/Mage

Alternatively you could go Prot and have a much easier time in both brackets but if you are set on going Ret I would suggest those comps.

2s: Mage/Ret, Destro/ret, Rogue/ret, RSham/Ret

3s: Ret/MM/Healer, War/ret/RDruid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemlol
    Hello fellow paladins,

So recently I have tried some different combos in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with my retribution paladin.
    None really seemed any good, I tried rogue-retribution, resto shaman-retribution and elemental-retribution in 2vs2 and in 3vs3 I tried Priest-rogue-retri.
    I played these setups before in Tbc and first seasons of Wotlk and then they really worked out, got 2k easily with those.

Any suggestions on good working combos in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with a retribution paladin.
    (I did look for some setups at Arena Junkies but I am asking you guys for advice)

Thanks in advance for your help .
    2v2 Don't play it unless you really like random crap causing you to lose and you enjoy struggling or better yet raging over stupid crap.

3v3 Arms/Ret/R Druid - Marks/Ret/R Shaman or Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account

i dont recommend teaming up with a rogue, you get a frost mage has an opponent and its an automatic lose.. except if he is really that bad..

Deleted

Thanks for all help guys, it was really helpfull.

I will be trying Resto druid/Arms Warr/ Retri with a few friends .

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemlol
    Thanks for all help guys, it was really helpfull.

I will be trying Resto druid/Arms Warr/ Retri with a few friends .
    i'd use a resto shaman not a tree. Tremor totem helps a ton against teams with a fear (i.e., anything with any kind of warlock or priest... so pretty much 7/10 teams out there) especially against affliction locks, since you dont need to worry about getting hit by a 13k UA crit while trying to dispel a fear on your healer. Also, bloodlust helps a ton, especially if it can be timed with your warriors brostorm. Also, since your a melee heavy team, your shaman can help dps, and lolchainhealspam your team to full hp in no time at all (during bloodlust ofc, I dont think chain heal is a viable tactic otherwise because of the cast time). Resto Shamans can also dispel more than druids can, (poison+curse vs poison,disease and curse) and it helps if your not the ONLY dispeller.

obviously i'm biased towards shaman healers. druid healers bring benefits that shaman dont (cyclone > hex by a long shot to name 1), so its really up to you.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I'm only speaking for 3s here.

MM/Ret/RDruid
    MM/Ret/RShaman
    MM/Ret/DiscPriest

Frost Mage/Ret/Disc Priest
    Frost Mage/Ret/RShaman

Rogue/Ret/Disc Priest
    Rogue/Ret/RShaman
    Rogue/Ret/RDruid

Arms/Ret/RDruid
    Arms/Ret/RShaman
    Arms/Ret/Disc Priest

All those are viable comps. This all depends on the skill of all the players. I personally don't run anything with a rogue, it's just too much RNG involved. As far as 2s are concerned, I personally have pretty much stopped doing 2s. It's very boring and filled with counters to whatever you are running. However, if you insist on running it. Mage/Ret has been and will continue to be possibly the most fun/skill involved comp for 2s you can get. (Yes, you can't just nuke one target without proper CC believe it or not)