Thread: Just a Question

Just a Question

Ok.. Spam and blast me all you want. I want to know why should put points into Improved Fire Nova. I don't use the spell that often, which may be a reason my DPS isn't up to bar. I do my rotation like it's suppose to be on MMO and I've also done the EJ rotation. All my gems are SP, SP/Haste, or Haste/Spirit. Only thing I don't have Spec wise is the Maxxed out Improved Fire Nova. I've been told I need it, but I don't see why when I don't use it. Should I put my Totem's up the boss's rear then start using? I just need a little help understanding why I should. Please any help would be helpful. ^_^

Thank you

Deleted

Re: Just a Question

Fire Nova shoots up the moment a seconds target appears - Bone Spike (to nova marrowgar), Deathwhisper's adds, clipping Putricide once in a while when going for an ozze, Dreamwalker, tombs on Sindragosa and Lich King. Speccing cooldown reduction allows us to actually AoE properly and allows FN to fit better into our rotation. The talent is less useful if you're talking pure single target and only use the spell once every 10 seconds due to MW procs, but 20% on the spell according to EJ makes IFN still worth it for that.

But for Deathwhisper I'm no where near the mobs that spawn, and half the time no where near Bonespike when it comes up.

First, get rid of your spirit/haste gems (spell power/stam or mp5 for blue sockets, spirit is utterly worthless for a shaman of any spec).

As for fire nova, TOMGC is correct, but was talking about enhance. As ele, if you have to put down ToW then I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you are putting down searing/magma as ele, then speccing fire nova is good for normal mode encounters, and good for use in any encounter with adds. For fights like DW, you can run to the side you are assigned to and drop your fire totem there. In hardmodes (which I assume you are not on), talents like elemental warding may be more appropriate.

Ok I know a guildie tried helping me out but here's my Armory and my Specc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lane&cn=Risami

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Midnight+Guard

I know I don't have issues with mana, but I'm not taking points out of Convection until I have a good use for putting them somewhere else.

dont spec into imrpove fire nova you realy dont use it enought to get the benfit from it

Thank you! I didn't think I needed it that's why I never specced into it.

Get rid of the gear with spirit/mp5 in favour of gear with crit/haste instead (weapon, back, chest, wrists, waist, feet and even one of your rings). Go for t10 4 pc asap. Doing these things will increase your dps far beyond changing your spec (which is fine atm). At your gear level lava burst might be a better glyph than flametongue weapon, you should check ZAP/rawr/other tools for that.

I'm trying to get rid of my MP5 gear. I have the Lava Burst Glyph before and I was told by more people to change it for Flametongue. I've been told my hit and my MP5 is too high. I moonlight as a resto Shaman on the side so I just want to swap out gear for gear. Thanks for the suggestions those who had some it was of great help to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darthreaper
    dont spec into imrpove fire nova you realy dont use it enought to get the benfit from it
    This depends on what fights he's doing. Are you doing fights where you have to move, ever? Chances are that yes, you are. When you're moving (for example out of DnD on Deathwhisper, dead zones in dreamwalker, grip on sindragosa, etc.) you usually have time for a shock and a fire nova if your totems are close to the boss. I personally fire nova and throw a saronite bomb (love engineering) and then jump and spin off a shock on the way out. elemental might not do as much damage on high movement fights as other casters, but this is definitely a way you can close the gap

Quote Originally Posted by Risami
    But for Deathwhisper I'm no where near the mobs that spawn, and half the time no where near Bonespike when it comes up.
    forgive me if I'm wrong, but the only one who shouldn't be near a bonespike is the hunter, correct? The way I learned it, everyone stands inside the hit box so you stay out of cold flame, which means less movement for everyone ('cept the hunter, who HAS to be outside of the hit box to dps) and keeps good range on FN/Magma.

Also, IFN is mainly for enhance, is it not? For ele to be able to use it, you have to put your fire totem near the mob/boss, which more often than not is just wasted movement and lost dps.