10+ Year Old Account

LF an addon that automaticly adjusts volume

I'm looking for an addon that automatically adjusts volume, more specifically music volume. I personally love the game's sound track, but during a raid I have to turn music and ambiance off and everything else way down so I wont miss anything my guildies say over vent.

I want to hear the music but I always forget re-adjust volume levels. It would be a lot easier if there is a mod that automatically adjusts volume levels like when entering a raid instance, in a raid group, in a city etc.

Is there a mod that does this?
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: LF an addon that automaticly adjusts volume

It's a good foundation for an addon.

Increase volume on cutscenes. (Such as the LK intro.)
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

vent can be set to do that as far as i know. or just

headset

you can`t complain and say ` but i`ll feel too geeky wearing a nerdset` as you play warcraft .....the nerd is strong in you .
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Sennheiser headphones + Zalman clip on mic > Headset in my opinion
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

A simple addon with something like a RegisterForEvent :
    VOICE_START
    RAID_INSTANCE_WELCOME
    PARTY_CONVERTED_TO_RAID
    ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA
    And that does the appropriate SetCVar("ChatAmbienceVolume","0") or whatever would be enough.

If you have to turn your ingame sound down everytime... why not just increase the vent volume? When you solo you turn up your global volume and when you raid your vent is super loud so you turn down your global volume, this would resolve your problem easily.

To turn up the vent volume, move your inbound up.

10+ Year Old Account

I know I can get the game play through my computer's speakers and vent through my headset. However, I live in a college dorm room that's pretty much a cubical. So my room mate sits literally two or three feet away from me while he's studying or watching TV while I'm in front of my computer, so I'm trying to be considerate and not disturb him while he's doing his homework.

A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.

Deleted

Code:
    local highvolume,lowvolume = 1, 0.3
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event)
    	if event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" then self:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") end
    	SetCVar("Sound_MasterVolume", (select(2, GetInstanceInfo()))=="raid" and lowvolume or highvolume)
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED")
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED_INDOORS")
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA")
    a:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    How to use this
    Note: Change the values in the first line of this snippet to adjust volumes - 1 equals 100% on the slider, 0 equals 0%. Defaults are 100% out of raids and 30% inside raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Code:
    local highvolume,lowvolume = 1, 0.3
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event)
    	if event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" then self:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") end
    	SetCVar("Sound_MasterVolume", (select(2, GetInstanceInfo()))=="raid" and lowvolume or highvolume)
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED")
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED_INDOORS")
    a:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA")
    a:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    How to use this
    Note: Change the values in the first line of this snippet to adjust volumes - 1 equals 100% on the slider, 0 equals 0%. Defaults are 100% out of raids and 30% inside raids.
    Do you not know how awesome you are!? Thanks a ton dude, I'll install it soon as I get home.