Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: frost dw tanking vs frost 2hand tanking

Blood and Frost are both incredibly viable.

DW and 2H are both viable specs for Frost.

DW tank w/ Imp Icy Talons is very viable now.

/endthread

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    Doing similar threat, with 1k more hp, and better AoE control makes your head hurt?
    Read back a bit.

I'm tanking / offtanking 10 man normal content as well as Heroics.
    There really is no need for me to give up what I get in return for what a DW build would give me.
    If health was the only form on which to judge a tank by, please step aside for the 85k Feral Tank. KKTHXBYEBYE

EDIT: Cause I can't spell BY right O.o
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    If health was the only form on which to judge a tank buy, please step aside for the 85k Feral Tank. KKTHXBYEBYE
    ...in frost resist gear.

Anyone remember when S3D was new and exciting, and ferals dressed up in frost resist gear, because that had the highest stamina?

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    ...in frost resist gear.

Anyone remember when S3D was new and exciting, and ferals dressed up in frost resist gear, because that had the highest stamina?
    Yep thats about the time my guild of 2 years fell apart.... QQ "I don't wanna do hard modes..." QQ

Or yeah, Unholy DK Tank for S3D.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Mmm good days! 25% miss on lichborne 6charges of bone shield and the prenerfed vottw and frost pres...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure people also remember how fast they respecced from the usual VotTW/LB/BSh spec to their usual Unholy or frost spec because threat was absolutely aweful in that spec. I recall doing 2k or so TPS on Anub'Rhekan after I forgot to respec.

BTT: congrats on having 1k HP more, but in turn loosing quite a chunk in DPS. You'd also have the same "control" in a DW spec, and your argument that you don't like seeing a lot of misses is purely personal, and should not lead to your suggestion for other tanks to spec 2h.

And you're using the argument that threat/dps is not really relevant, so it's okay to use Frost 2h. Well, I can tank heroics/ICC trash without problems in Blood, and also have the higher EH than you. Since EH is everything that matters as long as you can keep threat there is no reason you shouldn't spec blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    Doing similar threat, with 1k more hp, and better AoE control makes your head hurt?
    Read back a bit.

I'm tanking / offtanking 10 man normal content as well as Heroics.
    There really is no need for me to give up what I get in return for what a DW build would give me.
    What makes my head hurt is you said that you have 145 hit (well, you actually said you'd need to double it to get to 290), that means you'd see main hand misses and special misses even as DW. THAT is why you make my head hurt, because either you exaggerated how low your hit is (which doesn't help this discussion at all), or you just really really suck at math.

Assuming you do only have 145 hit since that's the only thing I can do with the info you've given: With DW you'd be one +20 Hit gem away from hit cap (not saying that's a good idea, just a reference), as 2H, you'd need 99 more hit than that to reach cap. So, explain to me how more misses makes for more threat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr
    i was like yeah, and then noticed this thread sucked :

i was like yeah, and then noticed your post was not constructive in any way.
    Kumduh's ban crits you for 7 days!

I had a 2h Frost tank last week for my guild's alt run. He was terrible. His threat was awful.

If for no other reason than to not be grouped with the other retards that do it:

Don't use a 2H with Frost

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know where this "Frost 2hand spec has shitty threat" myth has cropped up from but its certainly wrong.

I play fury...as anyone knows being fury in a heroic = you are tanking at least 1/2 the mobs unless tanks threat is amazing

The only tanks that I don't rip off on aoe(3-5 mob) pulls are Frost DK's (2hander OR DW) and Geared paladins.

The best tank I've ever grouped with was a 2hander frost tank, maybey he just knew how to play properly unlike 40-50% of DK's I meet who are mentally handicapped players.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not that 2h has shit threat - it doesn't. It's just that DW does even more threat, AND a lot better damage.

2h works, but DW is superior, which is the reason people shouldn't play 2h: while they can do okay, they'd do much better as DW, or as 2h blood.