Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    I would be happy to consistently use Lightwell if it wouldn't change my target. That said, Lightwell is very underused and extremely useful on some encounters, such as for melee on Blood Queen.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  2. #22

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    well what they could have done is give it some similarities with warlocks' soulwell, players would then have a vial of holy water (or whatever) in their inventory to use in order to get the hot effect.

    but then, they should as well get rid of those useless charges and duration/cd.
    would it require a reagent then? idk but i sure hope it wouldn't.

  3. #23

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    1st thoughts, Lightwell works how it's supposed to. The reason it doesn't work is that dps are just too focused on their own meters to recognize when they need it. It actually is a great raid tool if your raid is actually good enough to use it.

    Making it like a heal stream totem is pointless because there already is a healstream totem, making like a healthstone is also pointless because their already is a healthstone.

    Lightwell is actually something that differentiates a holy priest from other classes. And is extremely effective when used properly.

    The problem is that the Lightwell is the loneliest thing in Wow because it's just never used.

    The only thing I'd really suggest is that it should be insta-cast. You should just be able to pop into the melee or where ever, and keep moving.

  4. #24

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    in the end, they'd better give us the long awaited battle-rez which btw would also logically fit after spirit of redemption. ;D

  5. #25

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    I think the Lightwell should operate like a Warlock's soulwell, using it casts a buff on you with a permanent duration, and also grants you a "Sliver of Hope", the buff enables your normal health regeneration to continue even while in combat (Weak, but it's free.) While the sliver of hope casts a HoT on you ala current Lightwell, but ends the Lightwell Regeneration effect. Furthermore, every time the Lightwell effect ends, the Priest gains a small amount of mana, and a 15% boost in healing power for 10 seconds.

    This means that the 10 people who get the Slivers of hope should know who they are ahead of time, and using each Sliver should be a big deal, it's an emergency benefit to both the person using it, and the priest who is responsible for healing them.

  6. #26

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes
    in the end, they'd better give us the long awaited battle-rez which btw would also logically fit after spirit of redemption. ;D
    Doubtful, they are going to be increasing the cooldown to 30 minutes on Rebirth and said they don't want everyone to always have it available.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  7. #27

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    quite unfair imo considering druids at last got their ooc resurrection spell (which they could have given way earlier as usual btw).

    priest looks like the only healer class who still has no in-combat non-talented skill dealing with death in a way or another. (by that i mean resurrection or death prevention)

    shamis : reincarnation
    druids : rebirth
    pallys : divine intervention (even if about nobody uses it most of the time)

    sure priests may have access to guardian spirit but well, it's a 51pt-er which means it doesn't fall in the same category as above listed skills since not every priest can get their hands on it.

    same goes for spirit of redemption which is also talented and can barely be aknowledged as an death/wipe preventive skill considering its duration and limitations.

  8. #28

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes
    quite unfair imo considering druids at last got their ooc resurrection spell (which they could have given way earlier as usual btw).

    priest looks like the only healer class who still has no in-combat non-talented skill dealing with death in a way or another. (by that i mean resurrection or death prevention)

    shamis : reincarnation
    druids : rebirth
    pallys : divine intervention (even if about nobody uses it most of the time)

    sure priests may have access to guardian spirit but well, it's a 51pt-er which means it doesn't fall in the same category as above listed skills since not every priest can get their hands on it.

    same goes for spirit of redemption which is also talented and can barely be aknowledged as an death/wipe preventive skill considering its duration and limitations.
    Because it's worth making your paladin do a suicide, and even when you cast it, you'll probably do it in a bad timing as i don't think any paladin will sacrifice himself in a second to save a dps. I think you rather want to use hand of protection.

  9. #29

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Doubtful, they are going to be increasing the cooldown to 30 minutes on Rebirth and said they don't want everyone to always have it available.
    Source?

  10. #30

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC
    And yea, you can't just blame the spell for people being too lazy/stupid to click it.
    no, but you can kind of blame the designers for not changing it somehow when everyone has been too lazy for YEARS to click it. yeah, if it was like just some side talent, okay. but it's a 31 point talent, you'd think it'd have some use outside of giving a priest something to yell about every single raid and every single attempt.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

  11. #31

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Source?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Obviously things like Rebirth can't just be handed to out to more classes unless we did something like a second exhaustion mechanic for battle rez or whatever. For now we're going to try the cooldown at 30 min again. In Icecrown's world of limited attempts, a 30 min cooldown likely meant you just cooled your heels until the cooldown was available again. In Cataclysm the hope is sometimes you'll have the benefit available but not every time, which scales back on how much of a game-changer it is. (Source)
    It really wasn't that hard to look on the second page of the news.

    Here's the actual post on the bluetracker if you want to read through the entire thing:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24262...ow-kings-turn/
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  12. #32

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summergale
    Meh, I think lightwell is fine. It just requires competent players who are willing to sotp the PEWPEW dto heal themselves. However, that isnt many people.
    Because it lowers your dps and most raid leaders will say "WTF THIS GUYS DPS SUX FOR HIS GEAR KICKICKCICKCICKCIKCICKCIK!!!"

  13. #33

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Because it's worth making your paladin do a suicide, and even when you cast it, you'll probably do it in a bad timing as i don't think any paladin will sacrifice himself in a second to save a dps. I think you rather want to use hand of protection.
    well at least, DI doesn't cause durability loss.
    but yeah i know it doesn't have as much use now that it did in vanilla (even more if it's meant to save a dps with no mean of rezzing ppl).

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Blackriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind you. Ambush!
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC
    Not true, at all. Healthstones work pretty nice.
    The main problem with this is that when you click it, it changes your target. If it didn't do that it woudln't be half the annoyance it currenlty is.

    Another idea: The lightwell buffs you. If you go below 30% HP, it triggers, and starts healing you. Then you can use it before the fight, too, while still being useful mid-fight.

    The "make it a healing stream totem" ideas should just go away, as stated by frmercury, GC explicitly said it WILL NOT be a smaller radius healing totem or toc lightwell.

    And yea, you can't just blame the spell for people being too lazy/stupid to click it.
    I like this idea.
    God; I hate you people.


    According to Maldy.net, my character is worth $1,199.68.

  15. #35

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    As a former priest player (Faithnomore - Anetheron), I can safely say that Lightwell is not broken by any means. It adds a mechanic to difficult boss encounters that puts some of the survivability factors back in the hands of the DPSers.

    If a group works well together for a long time, eventually they will start to predict when and where damage will fall, etc; this is where a Lightwell would become handy. If everyone is at the top of their game, taking a little heat off the healers during movement-intensive fights can greatly benefit raids as a whole.

    That being said, I have never recommended getting this talent to anyone but the most serious of players. I am of the philosophy that the average DPSer will not sacrifice their personal DPS to help out the raid; they aren't healers, so why would they heal themselves? This mentality is sad, but true in a lot of situations.

    In short, this is only a beneficial talent point if others are willing to work together. If you like to control your healing experience, put this point elsewhere. Lightwell doesn't stop people from standing in fire.

  16. #36
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    733

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    The problem is that people keep trying to fix lightwell when it just needs to be dumped all together. Replace it with this:

    Fuzzy Kitten of Healing
    2000 mana cost. 5 second channel. 5 minute cooldown.

    The priest calls upon the divine to summon forth a small kitten made of pure light (and Fuzziness). Upon arrival, fuzzy kitten will scamper over to the raid or party member with current lowest health. Fuzzy kitten will then lick the raid member, instantly restoring 33% of the target's health. Fuzzy kitten will then repeat this action twice more, at which point it will fade out of existence with a cute cheerful "mew" and a wave of it's paw.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

  17. #37

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    I like this idea

    You place a lightwell on a spot you choose. The more heals lightwell recieves the more charges of light it obtains. The more charges of light, equals to more people that gain the HoT and more healing done by the charges of light. After a window of 10 seconds the lightwell erupts and transfers the HoT charges around to the nearest players.

    Ex. 20 Charges of light + 5 players = 4 stacks of the HoT on each player

    I kind of like it because its a tool that becomes valuable the more healers you have, of course the CD can be adjusted, and it has some use in Rated BG's and arena for that matter

  18. #38

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate
    The problem is that people keep trying to fix lightwell when it just needs to be dumped all together. Replace it with this:

    Fuzzy Kitten of Healing
    2000 mana cost. 5 second channel. 5 minute cooldown.

    The priest calls upon the divine to summon forth a small kitten made of pure light (and Fuzziness). Upon arrival, fuzzy kitten will scamper over to the raid or party member with current lowest health. Fuzzy kitten will then lick the raid member, instantly restoring 33% of the target's health. Fuzzy kitten will then repeat this action twice more, at which point it will fade out of existence with a cute cheerful "mew" and a wave of it's paw.
    This

    To be completely honest, having the lightwell spell isn't worth all of the shit people have to say about it. I'd rather not have it than have a billion of these threads popping up all over the internet.

  19. #39

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    i think a nifty idea would be for however many charges are left at the end of the duration if it would explode doing holy dmg based on how many charges are left. i always feel so disappointed, when i see my lightwell fade away with all 10 charges.

    by doing thsi you have the same thing but what ever dosent get used gets to blow up a 3 min bomb.

    in pvp it wouldnt be OP bc you can kill it in 2 shots.

    what do you think?

  20. #40

    Re: How Lightwell SHOULD work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    Healing Hands

    oh wait wrong forums ;D
    Yes, because every single AoE healing spell is a ripoff of a new Paladin ability, despite being around before it. Holy Nova? ripoff. Circle of Healing? ripoff. Healing Stream Totem? ripoff.

    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •