cataclysm ignite

I just noticed from the wording that it seems that mastery ignite will be completely unrelated to crit.

All direct-damage fire spells will add a damage-over-time (DoT) component when cast. The flavor will be similar to how Fireball works; however, the DoT component will be much stronger.

Am I two weeks behind everyone else?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: cataclysm ignite

pretty much yeah.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    pretty much yeah.
    jup nuff said
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

pretty much yeah.
    Pfff I haven't even seen any talk about it. It's not an insignificant change for how fire works. Moving away from the value of crit quite a bit and all.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    Pfff I haven't even seen any talk about it. It's not an insignificant change for how fire works. Moving away from the value of crit quite a bit and all.
    i HAVE tried to talk about it, since it is a huge change, but people would rather bitch about mana adept and blood lust.
    BfA Beta Time

i HAVE tried to talk about it, since it is a huge change, but people would rather bitch about mana adept and blood lust.
    This thread is now about QQing about Mana Adept and Bloodlust!

Ontopic: I'm interested to see how it will end up. Moving away from crit a little will definetly be something, on the other end, we dont have to stack crit to reduce RNG anymore. (by "stack crit" i mean, normally, not OMG +20 CRIT EVERYWHERE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

On the other hand, it's essentially a new 'interesting' mechanic to add consistent damage without having to press a button. The only thing that could potentially make it better is if the Ignite ticks increase from Fire damage + Mastery + scale with Haste/Crit. Otherwise it's just a mindless DoT. Fire and Forget.

this will mean that fire loses it's burst, but gains sustained damage. so it wont mean much for pve, but it's a nasty pvp change, here's hoping it'll have new coefficients to be huge, or we get a conflagerate-esq move to finish out our stacked ignite damage.

If Ignite doesn't proc on crit anymore, then all Ignite factors will be refreshed on spell hit, not on spell cast.
    This is a very important change for fire specs because it might solve the ignite munching bug (!)

more info on ignite munching mechanics here: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t36778-m...4/#post1035200