Would appreciate some direction towards a new gaming laptop

Unfortunately i don't stay long enough in one place to have a desktop and i run my games, from my laptop.

The problem is my Laptop is starting to strugle now with current games and 25 man raids, even at minimum settings. so im starting to think of an upgrade.

The thing is there are many more options in the market than there used to be (yay!). But i have fallen of the pc knowledge train. So i would appreciate any direction (read: reliable company)to where i could head and get a new system.

I live in South America, making my options are almost nihl. So just consider the US market, since i should be able to make arrangements to get that delivered, or i just make a little trip up north soon enough. My budget would be around 1k u$s, top 1.2k, but i rather avoid it if possible, shipping alone is gonna be a killer.

Personally i don't mind 15" wide screens, but i refuse to go any lower. My sight is good, but not THAT good. Basically im looking to run WoW and some of the soon to come RTS and rpg titles, and maybe try one of the new mmo games, but im not looking into full detail or anything like that, i would just settle for a solid 30 fps with medium settings and no shadows.

I will also apologize if this seems a bit vague, but i really don't know how else to describe my needs.
    Btw dont hate, English is not my native language.

Tks in advanced

Re: Would appreciate some direction towards a new gaming laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm
    I live in South America, making my options are almost nihl. So just consider the US market, since i should be able to make arrangements to get that delivered, or i just make a little trip up north soon enough. My budget would be around 1k u$s, top 1.2k, but i rather avoid it if possible, shipping alone is gonna be a killer.
    $1k budget is just too tight to get a decent gaming laptop really. What you should look for is best bargains of laptops that has:

4 gigs of ram, 64bit Win7, i5 CPU and discrete graphics processor with non-shared RAM of at least 512 megs (like Radeon HD4xxx series or Nvidia's 2xx series)

One example which should be passable is this $850 Dell

Problem with laptops like these is that it's pretty much lowest possible laptop you can run WoW comfortably on (probably around 20fps with medium/low graphics), but it's going to be slow in few years for new games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Buy a desktop.

this is what I just picked up for light gaming at a reasonable price. Now I know the i3 is a slower processor and that the video card on this isn't tremendous, but I've been pleasantly surprised by this.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=Acer

It wasn't too expensive and to my surprise it's running wow fine. I'm getting 25 fps in dalaran with settings on high (shadows off). I was extremely surprised to find it ran that well. Now to be fair, I have not tried it in a raid yet, just a few 5 mans, but I'm enjoying it.

I'm used to my desktop with the 24" widescreen, so the 15" screen is an adjustment, and the resolution is a lot lower, but it still looks nice and plays well. Consider it a budget laptop for light gaming, but hopefully it gives you an idea. I'll try running voa 10/25 with it later this week and see how it holds up and let you know.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Buy a desktop.
    I have to second this. The price per performance is much better on a desktop than a laptop. Unless a laptop is absolutely necessary, you're always better off getting a desktop for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm
    Unfortunately i don't stay long enough in one place to have a desktop and i run my games, from my laptop.
    and by this, i meant i move pretty much every 6 moths, from north to south America, i am a ski industry seasonal worker.

So... yeah

15+ Year Old Account

Desktops aren't that hard to transport, but eh, it's your dollar.

A gaming laptop is not that hard to get for $1k... A gaming laptop doesn't mean you have to have SLI/crossfire... that's a waste in most cases anyways and all it does is double the price.

Anyways, one of these laptops should serve you well:
    Sony:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834127092
    Acer:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115732

The both have pretty much identical specs, you would just be paying $100 more for the Sony brand name. The CPU & graphics card are both some of the better ones you can get on laptops these days without going too crazy with your budget. It should give you the performance you are looking for.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Tks nwo, much appreciated.