Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: King of the Jungle

That is, if you are indeed using enrage on cooldown. Or even at the sttart of the fight.

Since enrage is now a defensive cooldown, you probably will not be spamming it off CD, but when you need the damage reduction. With all the TotT amd Mds flying my way, I don;t need the initial 20+10 rage, since the first hit will get me enough rage anyway, and if I then berserk there is no way in hell anyone but a icy touch machinegunning DK pulling aggro.

I am sure that on a pure threat build Imp. Mangle and KotJ will pull ahead on aggro, if always used and timed with berserk. Yet, this won't happen in 99% of the bossfights. What if you need to delay berserk, save the CD for heavy damage etc.?

I wouldn;t ever drop MSS for the mangle/KotJ build maintanking stuff. Now if I'd have to go kitty halfway through, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsen
    Drop the points in shredding attacks instead. If you end up dpsing in your tank gear+spec at some part in the fight then without shred glyph the difference between mangle and shred is not huge. The rage you save from lacerate is a fart in space.
    i'd do the exact same thing.

Since enrage is now a defensive cooldown, you probably will not be spamming it off CD, but when you need the damage reduction.
    True... but many people are going to blow a defensive cooldown at the start of a fight anyway. Subsequently, you can decide whether to use it proactively, or save it for an emergency.

I'd personally never trade a flexible tool for an inflexible one when main tanking, when your raid and guild is depending on you. KotJ just gives you more options. If I want threat, I want a lot of it upfront.

(Ultimately, I think the decision mostly comes down to how much you use your cooldowns; if you are someone who uses them nearly every cooldown, KotJ is better. If you don't use it, the MSS pulls ahead.)