Thread: Arcane DPS

Arcane DPS

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moore&cn=Ingek

Ok, I don't think my dps is where it should be I do around 6-7k dps on single target fights. While being in groups with around the same GS as other mages and some do more than I do..

My rotation is 5-6 arcane blasts, 4 if missile barrage is proced then i do arcane missles. if no proc then i do arcane barrage and restart rotation.

any advice would be helpful.. =D

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arcane DPS

Rotation

There's no reason to do extra Arcane Blasts anymore. With 2 piece tier 10, you should be hitting Arcane Missiles as soon as you have Missile Barrage and a 4 stack of Arcane Blast.

Gear

You are waaaaaaay over hit cap. Change some gear around to use stuff with less hit and more haste. Getting the T10 chest to replace your current chest would be a great first step (4pt10 is awesome).

Replace the 20 haste gems with 12 sp/10 haste gems.

Talisman of Volatile Power is AWFUL. Get Abyssal Rune from ToC5 (or obviously, Muradin's Spyglass, Reign of the Unliving or Dislodged Foreign Object).

Spec

Student of the Mind is a bad talent for Arcane. Fill up Magic Attunement and put the other point someplace else (like Magic Absorption).

Thanks for the advice I know I'm way over cap been tryin to get other gear to make it go down.. I'm in ToC 25 right now hopefully Reign drops and I win it lol..

Direwolf. I just want to thank you. Because unlike someone else, you didnt just scream " GO TO THE STICKY, LOL." You instead gave sound advice to the specific person's needs. I appreciate you <3

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by moveth
    Direwolf. I just want to thank you. Because unlike someone else, you didnt just scream " GO TO THE STICKY, LOL." You instead gave sound advice to the specific person's needs. I appreciate you <3
    even though he's pretty much quoting the sticky.

I STRIKE AGAIN *foop foop foop foop*
    /cape and run away
    BfA Beta Time

I could say only through speculation if gear isn't 100% your problem for most people this is more a problem than understanding specific stat needs or rotations. The is compensating for any in game lag you may have, every partial amount of a second counts, down time will ruin you make sure your not moving too much in a fight, make sure you minimize pauses between spells. If you have to the last .2 secs left on your casts that you see in your ui click on your spell while casting and likely the spell we cast immediately after.

You don't have to be a red or yellow bar or less then 10 fps to have this disadvantage, but it is gradual the worse performance you get out of your system.

Sometimes, sadly big upgrades to healing and dps can usually be in better computer or an internet, but same rules still apply for everything else to stay on top of doing the right dps.

Not saying you need a new one just know how to work with what you have, because its not like a new comp or better internet will give you 2k dps or anything unless its a really big upgrade from a super crappy system.

Thanks for all the advice guys I appreciate it and ty Dire for not screaming to look at sticky cause I have read it just wanted some personal imput to my gear, gems, chants etc etc..

Is the trinket from PoS anygood? Nevermelting ice crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingek
    nah, that trinket is u-g-l-y

abysal rune is a MUCH better bet!

(i know farming reg 5 mans would seem like a downgrade.. but believe me man, ilvl isn't everything, the passive haste is nice and the SP proc aint nothing to scoff at!)
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingek
    Abysal is better. Crit is lame.