respecd comabt having questions about gemming.

as the title states i just went combat about a week ago and gemmed armor pen. i was wondering if I should gem for agi or stick the armor pen.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Co&cn=Serrick

any other feed back would be appreciated.

i was also wondering if i should be using rupture or evis.
    Its been a long time since ive been combat.

Re: respecd comabt having questions about gemming.

That's perfect, slightly above exp cap, enough hit, and gemming all ArP.

You're doing fine. Just make sure to stop gemming ArP if your scorpian causes you to go over 100% arp.

Thanks a ton.

As the rumor go, i've heard that you should not go for armorpen before u can hit roughly 80% (not that i am sure of this). Another thing is that you are using the "old-style" of armorpen where you use a trinket to reach your cap. (again i don't think this is optimal anymore).

Another thing i would like to add is that your glyphs are a little, wierd? You should go for glyph of killing spree, eviscerate and Sinister strike. I've seen some of the top guild rogues using glyph of rupture, but i doubt it to be viable on the gear level, we normal ppl are at

I think it would be safe for you to keep your armorpen gems. There is also some nice gear u can buy form badges that will give u some good armorpen (cloak especially) and maybe you could even go for the gloves if you don't raid 25-man that much

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Darckie
    As the rumor go, i've heard that you should not go for armorpen before u can hit roughly 80% (not that i am sure of this).
    You start gemming for ArP when you hit 600 passive ArP.

I haven't run the maths for trinkets yet, but thats the ballpark I found when the spreadsheet says "stop gemming AP and start gemming ArP".

Obviously if you have an ArP trinket this changes the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Darckie

Another thing i would like to add is that your glyphs are a little, wierd? You should go for glyph of killing spree, eviscerate and Sinister strike. I've seen some of the top guild rogues using glyph of rupture, but i doubt it to be viable on the gear level, we normal ppl are at

Rupture, ToTT, Killing Spree (and spec'd out of Evis and into Blood Spatter) for tank and spank fights, or fights with little movement
    Eviscerate, SS, and Killing Spree for fights with many adds

Quote Originally Posted by Zilas
    That's perfect, slightly above exp cap, enough hit, and gemming all ArP.

You're doing fine. Just make sure to stop gemming ArP if your scorpian causes you to go over 100% arp.
    Um how in the world can you say being slightly above exp cap is perfect? Depending on gear and the EP value for exp, it could possibly be worth being over cap on the order of a couple expertise rating. However, over cap is wasted stats, that expertise literally does nothing unless he is attacking from the front (which he shouldnt be). Wasted stats isn't perfect... Granted, I realize he hasn't gemmed it, but 2 exp over cap is a fairly significant amount so getting a different pair of boots is probably a good idea.

Expertise capped as Combat is either for 1) un-crit capping yourself or 2) peace of mind.

You don't need to cap yourself on expertise unless the former is happening. A dodged Sinister Strike isn't the end of the world.

im willing to look scrubby here, but I thought rupture still wasnt a dps upgrade in combat rotation? or have i just not been reading lately?

Quote Originally Posted by seksupremes
    im willing to look scrubby here, but I thought rupture still wasnt a dps upgrade in combat rotation? or have i just not been reading lately?
    It depends on the fight mostly. When I was combat I was rupture spec, and I did more DPS then when I was evis spec. Especially now that rupture ticks can crit, I'd imagine it's better.

Haven't been combat in a few months.

15+ Year Old Account

Rupture is a dps upgrade nowadays, even with very high arp levels.