Page 1 of 2
LastLast

List of BiS mage trinkets

I've been asked to go back to raiding on my mage who is pretty welfare geared atm and i was wondering if anyone could compile a list of BiS mage trinkets from best to maybe 10th best. I'm a cookie cutter arcane build.

Re: List of BiS mage trinkets

i hear the search option works really well...

Your best bet is to download RAWR (just google it) and to use that to determine the best gear and trinkets you will need. It also breaks down specs, gems, etc. RAWR is basically the one stop mage question shop.

Do you have access to them all?

Google these since I didn't link.
    Top 2 would be:

Dislodged Foreign Trinket(Heroic 25 man Rotface).
    Reign of the Dead(Heroic 25 man TotGC Anub'arak)

both of those has normal versions as well if you can get them on non heroic mode.

10 man ICC gunship drops
    Muradin's Spyglass, and heroic ICC 10 drops a heroic version of that as well.

Other than that 5 man Regular ToC has Abyssal Rune which I still havn't replaced yet and I'm in ICC 25 man hard modes >.>
    You can buy with Triumph badges the +Int Trinket w/ Spellpower Use on it. Can't remember the name.
    But the least you can do is farm ToC 5 man regular, that trinket will last a while. It drops off the 2nd boss I believe, either Eadric or the Argent chick can't remember. google it

If you only have one of Dislodged Foreign Object/Spyglas/Anub Trinket it will be equip this one
    and the Int-Trinket on the second slot. If you have two of the mentioned trinkets, forget about
    the Int-Trinket and equip both of them. If you have DFO/Spyglas/Reign for the second trinket
    slot the Int-Trinket is better than the Abyssal Rune. If you have no DFO/Spyglass/Reign
    your choice would be Rune+Int-Trinket (or Illustration+Int-Trinket or one of the Ulduar-Trinkets
    - 10 man or 25 man - + Int-Trinket).

That's for Arcane as you wrote you are Arcane (for fire there is one more BiS Trinket which is
    best in the hands of locks+shadows first, though). Int-Trinket is only good for Arcane Spec.

Myselves I went for the DFO+Spyglass combination. Though if you just recently changed mainclass to mage and immediately roll for DFO (which every caster wants) you might see some angry people.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Basically what the above poster said. As an Arcane mage Talisman of Resurgence (50 triumph) is best to use paired with Abyssal Rune from reg 5 ToC until you can replace it with any of the following:

Reign of the Dead/Unliving
    Muradin's Spyglass
    Dislodged Foreign Object

There's also the Talisman of the Broodmother I think (or one of those from Uld 25) but it's probably harder to get being as too many wont run 25 Uld anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN
    If you only have one of Dislodged Foreign Object/Spyglas/Anub Trinket it will be equip this one
    and the Int-Trinket on the second slot. If you have two of the mentioned trinkets, forget about
    the Int-Trinket and equip both of them. If you have DFO/Spyglas/Reign for the second trinket
    slot the Int-Trinket is better than the Abyssal Rune. If you have no DFO/Spyglass/Reign
    your choice would be Rune+Int-Trinket (or Illustration+Int-Trinket or one of the Ulduar-Trinkets
    - 10 man or 25 man - + Int-Trinket).

That's for Arcane as you wrote you are Arcane (for fire there is one more BiS Trinket which is
    best in the hands of locks+shadows first, though). Int-Trinket is only good for Arcane Spec.

Myselves I went for the DFO+Spyglass combination. Though if you just recently changed mainclass to mage and immediately roll for DFO (which every caster wants) you might see some angry people.

As your gear scales higher, normal Reign of the Dead, which was already better than Muradin's normal, becomes better than Heroic Muradin's....at least according to RAWR. However, it takes awhile and mostly 264 or better gear that this occurs.

10+ Year Old Account

Just gonna sort of hijack the thread, I plugged myself into RAWR earlier but it kept bugging out on me so I'll just ask here to make sure.

Atm, I have
    Disloged Foreign Object
    Muradins Spyglass
    Reign of Dead

Would I equip the DFO and RoD? 'Cause by simply looking at the stats, I would assume otherwise.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

if arcane, yup, dfo rod. if fire, dfo and muradin.

The thing that makes RoD so awesome is the Pillar of Flame it spits out. You're critting quite often, so a good number of these go out on an avg (5 min) boss fight. The Pillars usually account for about 2-3% of my overall damage for a fight, and this is why it's better than Muradin's, whether heroic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680
    and this is why it's better than Muradin's, whether heroic or not.
    heroic muradin is better than normal reign even with rest gear full 277. :P Unless it's a very short fight.

10+ Year Old Account

I would have just thought that the near constant SP proc and SP from the trinket would've made up for it, but I suppose not haha. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and get heroic RoD

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

YOU CANT HAVE 2 x DFO NORMAL + HEROIC VERSION , you can have ONLY NORMAL or ONLY HEROIC one

BiS fire - DFO_277 + Phylactery_277. There is nothing better than this, everything else is a dps loss.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi
    YOU CANT HAVE 2 x DFO NORMAL + HEROIC VERSION , you can have ONLY NORMAL or ONLY HEROIC one
    cos someone said you could?

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi
    Really ?? prove?? RoU/Rod heroic and normal can be equipped together why wouldn't that work for DFO?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    BiS fire - DFO_277 + Phylactery_277. There is nothing better than this, everything else is a dps loss.

/thread
    ROFL you didnt even notice the thread was a bit more into arcane, besides that you were asked to compile a list of 10 trinkets which you are lacking 8.

Quote Originally Posted by wax
    Really ?? prove?? RoU/Rod heroic and normal can be equipped together why wouldn't that work for DFO?
    Because ToC isn't ICC...

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    ROFL you didnt even notice the thread was a bit more into arcane, besides that you were asked to compile a list of 10 trinkets which you are lacking 8.
    It is a BiS list. There are 2 slots. Why should that list have 10 trinkets in it ?

:
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    heroic muradin is better than normal reign even with rest gear full 277. :P Unless it's a very short fight.
    Not true. My mage is in mostly 264 gear (with Bejeweled Bracers) and according to RAWR Normal RoD is worth 632.58 dps, while H Muradin's Spyglass is worth 627.85. This is assuming full 25m raid buffs, and the fight duration is set to 300s. I'm roughly 95% sure my RAWR is set up correctly, as I've had it this way for a long time. A link to my mage's armory is below:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Greenweenie