Pandaren Monk

Macro switches help

I am trying to build a couple of macros to help myself manage some buffs easier and I'm pretty sure I've seen a modifyer out there that checks whether or not a buff is active.
    Either through scripting or through a simple IF THEN ELSE statement.

What I want to achieve is a trigger for 'Hunger for Blood' that only works if the buff isn't already running to prevent clipping/unneccesary energy waste. But I figure that it'd work on any similar buff as well.

So basically.
    IF (no buff active) THEN /cast HfB ELSE /cast whatever... Rupture, Mutilate, Slice n Dice even...
    or
    IF (buff active) THEN /cast whatever ELSE /cast HfB

Participant in the Rhonin Diaries 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Not the best Rogue in the world, just a Tribute.

Re: Macro switches help

I do vaugely remember something about being able to check for the existence of a buff, but what I do know is that a macro canot perform an action based on the presence or lack of a buff.
    There are certain conditions which are not macroable for reason of being considered automation, and based on a buff is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I very much doubt that even a script would be able to do that without breaching the ToS. You definitely can't set conditions in macros. It would make the game far too automated. >.<
    Caerdwyn | Level 91 Fire Mage <For Instance> | Nagrand-US

Pandaren Monk

I suppose that's one of those things that was taken out then, to prevent completely automating things.
    I'll just mod it with alt or shift.

Thanks.

Participant in the Rhonin Diaries 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Not the best Rogue in the world, just a Tribute.

The ability for macros to change based on buffs was removed in the Great Automation Nerf of Patch 1.11 or 1.12, 3.5 years ago.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley