Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: start tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte
    How about you go and show me a 2h tanking weapon?
    I usually don't quote myself, but in this case it'll do:

Regarding the weapon: this is a bit harder. Your easiest shot will probably be Marrowstrike from Trial of the Champion, heroic mode. Additions to that are Orca-Hunter's Harpoon from HoS heroic mode, probably better but harder to obtain, Tower of the Mouldering Corpse from Forge of Souls heroic mode, same-level, better itemized, (imo) a bit less easy to farm, and Staff of Feral Furies form the Argent Tournament, either by doing the quests, or by farming Champion's Seals inside Heroic Trial of the Champion. Less stamina, but nice armor addition.
    A sub-par alternative is Staff of Trickery from Violet Hold, heroic mode.

If you can afford the gold, then Battered Hilt becomes your target, giving out Lightborn Spire at the end of its questline. By miles the best weapon you can get your hands on before entering Icecrown Citadel, and even that it's a good shot until you meet weapons with 264 item-level. The Hilt goes from around 7000 up to over 15000 gold, depending on the server, so it *is* pretty damn expensive. The alternative is farming the Icecrown three heroic dungeons until one drops and you win it. Good luck, we all know the pain.
    Now, how about someone starts thinking before even suggesting that TSD should be considered a tanking weapon?

@OP: there's a freshly made gear list on the Bear guide. Check that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    tanking is awesome