Running WoW on a External Hard drive then off my MacBook

Heyyy,
    i have a Computer that runs wow perfectly, although i recently got hacked, i sorted it all out, and ordered a Authenticator, just to make thing sure.
    But anyways, i have a Macbook Pro, that im currently using to write this topic, and i would really quite like to have wow on here and play it!
    Now, i use soft wear such as final cut pro and soundtrack so i want to keep the space on the Mac as big as possible, so i thought of using a External Hard drive.
    In doing so i'd install it all onto that and then run it off the Hard drive, so ergo facto do any of you lot use this method when playing on a macbook or even a normal laptop!!
    if so, what type of external hard drive and how big would it need to be to have wow, both expansions and all patches happily on?
    Thanks in advance!
    LOLOLOLOL LELELELELELELE 1337

Re: Running WoW on a External Hard drive then off my MacBook

WoW and all expansions (plus my addons and configs) are around 16GB. So almost any external drive you get would be large enough. Hell, some thumb drives would be large enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    WoW and all expansions (plus my addons and configs) are around 16GB. So almost any external drive you get would be large enough. Hell, some thumb drives would be large enough.
    awesome, ok thanks man.
    im gonna start looking into a few tonight and see how it goes!
    LOLOLOLOL LELELELELELELE 1337

Just curious, can you use the same copy of WoW on a Mac and a Windows OS?
    Thought that's two different sets of installations.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)