Arcane Mage T10 2 set

So ive heard from other mages that it is more useful to use the missile barrage on proc w/ the 2 set t 10 stating that the haste is more beneficial, instead of waiting to stack it up to 4 AB then using the missile proc. What do you guys think?

Re: Arcane Mage T10 2 set

Missile Barrage proc on CD? Explain a bit more, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Just edited it sorry. I re read it and it sounded not right.

Ah, I see now! Well, this is how I think. It depends of course on the encounter itself, but if you consider a singletarget fight without any movement or downtimes, then still I would say that 4 stacks is worth waiting for in the long run. Now I don't have any numbers, but the 12% extra haste is very nice..

Consider this:

AB x4 -> AM -> (12% haste bonus for 5 sec) -> 4x hasted AB -> AM.

Considering if you have enough haste to have your casting time below 1.66 seconds on AB, you will manage to get 4 hasted AB off.

So in my eyes, it looks like letting it stack to 4 stacks is worth it, but I may be completely retarded and have no clue what I'm talking bout :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    Ah, I see now! Well, this is how I think. It depends of course on the encounter itself, but if you consider a singletarget fight without any movement or downtimes, then still I would say that 4 stacks is worth waiting for in the long run. Now I don't have any numbers, but the 12% extra haste is very nice..

Consider this:

AB x4 -> AM -> (12% haste bonus for 5 sec) -> 4x hasted AB -> AM.

Considering if you have enough haste to have your casting time below 1.66 seconds on AB, you will manage to get 4 hasted AB off.

So in my eyes, it looks like letting it stack to 4 stacks is worth it, but I may be completely retarded and have no clue what I'm talking bout :P
    Your quite right there, but we do need quite allot of haste to get 4x hasted AB, once you do, its hand down the better rotation, on long mana fights, pop AM soon as MB procs to save mana.

/brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    okay, i'm going to try a crazy new theory: i'm going to take my pants off and type this in the nude (shirts are for pussies in the first place). i will also type it slowly and in full capitalized letters so those with impaired vision can see it (though it will not be in caps, since i hold down the shift key HA).

Im sitting at about 955 haste could be a lot better but thats where im at currently so i was just checking what you guys thought would be more beneficial maybe ill try it on LK tonight and see how it works

4 stack rotation is more dps.

3 stack rotation is slightly less dps for way less mana.

use both depending on the situation.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd

This. Especially in 10-mans if you lack replenishment (it happens), this will allow you to keep your pool up a lot longer.

"Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd

Sorry but actually this is not true.
    This depends on the actual casttime. If you can make 4 AB and still have the procc up a 100%, all is fine and AB4 MBARR is the way to go. (assuming you dont have 2k haste this is the case when you got either IV running, power infusion, potion of speed or heroism/bloodlust), maybe even engeneers gloves enchant, or any combination of these.
    If your casttime is in a state that your procc would fall off doing the 4th AB, you´re better off to go for a 3 stacked MBARR IF procced. you are not only better off manawise, but EVEN it provides MORE damage and not a lil less.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    This depends on the actual casttime. If you can make 4 AB and still have the procc up a 100%, all is fine and AB4 MBARR is the way to go. (assuming you dont have 2k haste this is the case when you got either IV running, power infusion, potion of speed or heroism/bloodlust), maybe even engeneers gloves enchant, or any combination of these.
    If your casttime is in a state that your procc would fall off doing the 4th AB, you´re better off to go for a 3 stacked MBARR IF procced. you are not only better off manawise, but EVEN it provides MORE damage and not a lil less.
    He was talking about Rotations, not situational. He was correct.

Start of fight for both of these.
    AB > AB > AB > AB > AM (if proc up) is higher dps, higher mana consumption. Used during Burst or If you have mana under control
    AB > AB > AB > AM (if proc is up) is Lower dps, Lower mana consumption. Used when mana regen / length of fight / OH NOES my Evocate got interupted

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    The only exception to what I said is during cooldowns, when you are casting 1.25s spells or faster, assuming 0 latency. If you get 4 spells with 12% haste benefit, then what I said is true.