Seeking help for Heroic Saurfang 25-man

As the thread title says, I'm looking for helpful information regarding this fight. My guild have just started with the Heroic modes and spend quite some time wiping on this fellah tonight (hello Europe). I've already done my utmost to to search for information myself, but my google skills are limited, hence why I'm creating this topic. The closest I could find was this thread, but it's mostly about DPS (obviously).

Any form of constructive help is appreciated. DPS is not a problem, so don't mention it.

Re: Seeking help for Heroic Saurfang 25-man

I can highly recommend getting the addon that shows blood power gained. I used one before, it showed who got hit, when and how many times etc.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...14251988&sid=1

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...r-monitor.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Hmm, seems interesting, going to have so check that up tomorrow, going to bed for some sleep now though.

i'm by no means and expert on ICC hardmodes, but if you're going to go out of your way to go ahead and state that dps isn't a problem... then perhaps you should take the extra step and say what is the problem, or at least what seems to be happening. because it's very hard to diagnose and solve a problem when the problem itself remains undefined.
    Do your best
    Expect the worst
    Enjoy the mediocre

Just a quick question though, are you looking for tips / help for playing a mage during that encounter or just any tips in general for that fight? Just noticed it was posted in the mage forum, but apparently didn't point towards the mage part
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Pretty much: Just deeps like mads and make sure you healers are assigned to the Marks of the Fallen Champion.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

Best tip for Heroic Saurfang I could give is Holy Paladins and Resto Shamans.

Try to be more specific instead of "Omg we die and stuff" maybe "insert scenario or constant problem"

One of our holy paladins covers three marks solo, each paladin should be able to handle at least two without trouble. I don't know what yours are doing but beacon is OP as fuck. Save bloodlust for 30%, stay spread out. If you have ranged classes that don't need to be on beasts, put them in melee for more room out there. Put healers in the center, dps off to the sides. Typhooning off the bat of beast spawns helps a lot. As a mage, dumping some mana on AB to keep a 4 stack + proc going for the beast spawn helps a ton, ask for an innervate early on so your paladins don't need it yet.

Managing beasts is basically what this fight is about. If you don't have two paladins it can get harder but healing still shouldn't be bad if you manage BP well and don't lose people. Try using BoP on blood boils and then on marks at the end of the fight when healing gets intense. Don't be afraid to sit in your ice block (and inform your healers) sub 10% if you have a mark on you. I ended our first kill from the safety of my little blue block.

Extra blood nova damage is pretty detrimental to BP generation so don't suck at spreading out.

Specifically Mage, though general information is always helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Managing beasts is basically what this fight is about. If you don't have two paladins it can get harder but healing still shouldn't be bad if you manage BP well and don't lose people. Try using BoP on blood boils and then on marks at the end of the fight when healing gets intense. Don't be afraid to sit in your ice block (and inform your healers) sub 10% if you have a mark on you. I ended our first kill from the safety of my little blue block.
    The primary issue we have is getting the beasts under control, and our wipes are caused by people getting one-shot to them

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    Specifically Mage, though general information is always helpful.The primary issue we have is getting the beasts under control, and our wipes are caused by people getting one-shot to them
    there's nothing to fix this other than higher DPS, sooo......do higher DPS.
    BfA Beta Time

keep some AOE slows on them, rogue w/ deadly brew FOK, shaman totem, if you have enough ranged to have hunters in min range on the boss traps, Knocks backs are also great. otherwise...thats on your dps
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

What we do is we have some of the melee helps us out on Blood Beasts. We have the rogues tricks, and the hunter missdirect blood beasts onto a moonkin that stand in front of the boss, where he can Typhoon them all back.
    We also have one of our warlock respec destro for the fight, he aoe stuns the blood beasts at the start.
    If an add gets too far, we have a tank taunting it, and it should be dead by then. But generally, with this tactic and the amount of dps we have, they go down before going down the stairs after typhoon.

I guessing it's an lolhealing problem since its really the only way to wipe, mark dies, boom health!

Easiest way is to do the following to make this as easy as possible.

First MELEE marked target is your resto shams primary CH target. From first mark onward the shammy will spam CH on this target until the boss falls over.

2nd Mark after that have pally1 beacon - spam heal tank
    3d mark have pally2 beacon -spam heal tank
    4th have a priest /druid pick up (you primarily want your priest keep inspiration up on all marked targets)
    5th - have your priest druid
    6th whoever is left raid healing just keep this mark up, boss should be sub 10% here.

If you get really shitty marks, IE 5 ranged, start pulling them into melee and stick them on the boss full time. That way you have CH / holy light glyph, WG splash and keeping them up doesn't require a direct healer just a few hots can keep em alive.

Make sure your druids have rapid regen here, its amazing for this fight.

Typical scenario

Mark 1 - Hunter <- Pally beacon1
    Mark 2 - Rogue <- Shammy CH target
    Mark 3 - Mage <- Pally beacon 2
    Mark 4 <- Pally beacon 2 swaps , mage goes to melee and gets hots by druids/priests
    Mark 5 <- Spiest moves to melee druid/priest hot, shield w/e
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    Specifically Mage, though general information is always helpful.The primary issue we have is getting the beasts under control, and our wipes are caused by people getting one-shot to them
    THIS is a DPS-problem
    usually i'm the only one who needs to handle his add alone, because of not enough ranged-dps. i'm searching for a position with max. range and..do...dps. i think the key for max dps is finding his add as fast as possible and nuke it, on this point im losing the most dps when i'm not as fast as needed to find my add.

(brrr my english is bad, sry x,x)

15+ Year Old Account

This fight can be made pretty easy if you get snares on the adds set up. Thus some things you need to be able to minimize the danger of beasts are :

1) Ensure you have something to slow the beasts at the start. We use frost traps and they work pretty damn well.

2) Boomkins can provide extra time in the beginning by typhooning the adds back, I guess an ele sham could lolshock as well to give ranged the extra playing room.

3) Arcane mages with slow are OP and should be assigned to there own add to burn/kite down on there own.

For mage specific help I would have to say make sure you have slow in your spec, have a specific add spawn point assigned to yourself (for instance back right is mine) and then position yourself at max range from that spawn point so you give yourself enough space to kill it. Save your CD's for when beasts pop up to ensure you can kill them asap and help others if there beasts are still up. DO NOT use immages when beasts are up if your raidders have a tendancy to hit random beasts as you wont be able to get agro and the beat could kill the dps hapy member on the wrong target. I would HIGHLY recommend getting tidy plates for this as you can select the correct add with ease when running this addon.

Here is a link to a fraps from my POV, feel free to ask about anything you see in the vid. I know it may not be the prettiest kill but was our first one and is more in line of what you need to see for a first kill > a super clean farm kill :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX4OWaKzwTI

Hope this helps a bit and GL on your kill

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much everything you need to know has been covered so far so I'll just offer a few small tips.
    If you get the mark, swap to Ice armor for the extra armor, especially if you have frost warding...which you likely would. The damage is all physical so this helps dampen it for the healers.

Having a spec with slow in it really helps for this fight as well as LK 10man, so it's not a bad idea to spec into it.

The 50sp30stam thread on legs isn't a bad idea if you are really getting wtf pwned by the mark, boiling blood or blood nova. The loss of spirit is not a noticable loss in dps compared to the extra survivability the 30 stam provides.

Amplify Magic on EVERYONE. Everything in that fight is physical damage, no reason not to have it on the whole raid.

On our attempts, the other mages and I even considered speccing into prismatic cloak as we were getting eaten up by marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Our guild had a little trouble with beasts as well.

1.) Try to stack a little bit more ranged than usual.
    2.) Put dot classes or non-burst ranged in melee to free up ranged space since everyone HAS to be 12 yards apart; we usually have a SP, and a couple locks in melee, one of which aoe stuns the beasts every time they come out. We then have specific ranged in specific spots who get beasts in different locations (back right, front right, middle, back left, front left). Having boomkins & ele shaman help (as well as hunters with slowing traps or a DK speced into chilblains or w/e the heck it's called)
    3.) As a mage specifically, make sure everyone is Amp'd before the fight and also watch the timer on beasts. You can easily prepare for the incoming beasts by getting a 4stack AB + a mbarr proc, when you see the cooldown timer at 1-3 sec you can easily stop dps on Saurfang, hold your stacks and proc and immediately get on a spawned beast. Usually 1 ranged is assigned to aggro each beast so it targets them (instead of a healer, tank, melee, ect), if your guild is doing this then make sure mirrors are off any CD macro you use since the only time you will really be able to use them is at the beginning of the fight (since you want the beasts to aggro you, it won't help if your threat is invisible with mirrors popped).
    Hellmoon - 85 Mage - Epic Weapons Vendor - Khadgar