Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Snake Traps are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    I would stay FAR away from terms like "worthless". You just don't use them well.
    Agreed -- 'situational' doesn't mean the same as 'worthless'. The original poster of this thread even proposed a use for them shortly after starting this QQ thread, at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...04/#msg2589904

Quote Originally Posted by Skybluesky
    Agreed -- 'situational' doesn't mean the same as 'worthless'. The original poster of this thread even proposed a use for them shortly after starting this QQ thread, at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...04/#msg2589904
    Stalking, it's bad for you.

Yes, I did say dropping a Snake Trap during Army of the Dead is useful. But extremely situational in PvP because it rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    What's the point of dropping these things?

Most of the time all it takes to kill the snakes are Instant Cast AoE spells, even if you have the 90% AoE Resistance Major Glyph (that should be a Minor Glyph or already build into Snake Traps IMO). Hell, the snakes usually die before even a single poison is applied in most cases.

And if it isn't the instant cast that makes them useless, its the fact the more often than not the Snakes AI will not even attack and just sit there. (If I recall, I think the snakes used to be useful and attack just about everything nearby)

So, can someone please tell me the usefulness of this unreliable trap?
    Chance to proc a Crippling Posion is nice, because of that and the free DPS (however small) I drop one for Sarufang adds and LK Valks.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2