Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Howling Blast Revamp

I see where you are coming from, you want a cooler lvl 51 ability, and also something that scales with RP. I personally think HB is pretty useful (with glyph atleast). I'm currently leveling a DK and tanking has become very fun and easy with HB, Glyph of HB, and Killing Machine procs. Almost all my HB are crits, and my aoe tank rotation is very simple.....HB, BB, BB with frost strike thrown in randomly.

Some 51 pt talents are just meant to fill in a niche that the class was missing, like riptide for shaman was a instant hot that we never had before.....HB is dk's nice burst aoe.

My only complaints are that it needs the glyph and crits to feel that great, and also Rime doesn't seem to proc enough, but I don't oblit much as a tank so.

They should just combine the glyph with the ability, and add to the tooltip that it will increase in damage if you have more RP pooled up. So with like 100rp it will do 10% more damage.

I see nothing wrong with HB and FS as they are. HB has a more situational use, so it is always low priority on a single target fight. Multiple targets and of course it will be top again, like it was designed to do so. In comparison with other class talents, while HB doesn't directly compare with say Gargoyle, UA sure does. And I'm much happier with a 20% str increase every minute, rather than a gargoyle or hysteria once every 3 mins.

Frost's rotation is fine to be honest. If anything it needs something to replace that god-awful abortion of a spell Hungering Cold (DRW in cata anyone)

Howling blast still hits like a truck at high gear, earlier tonight I got a 16k crit on sindragosa and am pretty consistently simming it at higher priority at higher priority with KM (and rime) than a KM frost strike for a DPS gain.

HB needs to be turned into a pbaoedot
    honestly i just wanted as long an acronym as possible.
    HB is fine and does the job it was intended to do. aoe. leave it alone
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!