Poll: Which BG does the Random BG Finder send you to the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Random BG Finder not so Random?

So, after the Random BG Finder was released, I find myself CONSTANTLY being sent to Strand of the Ancients. At first, I was thinking it was bad luck, but after a few weeks of this, I am convinced that it isnt as random as it apears.

Am I the only one being sent to the same BG over and over?

Re: Random BG Finder not so Random?

you are not the only one mate i get sent to SOTA almost everytime! worst BG ever!!

Always SoTA
    Always Defense
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

85% is SOTA.

10% is IoC.

rest i have seen maybe 1 or 2 times during the random BG finder

^ This but towards it always being Eots. Every time, I think last week I got WsG once and was like ZOMFG ITS A MIRACLE!

"Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away"

I read a post about the random function...the guy said that it is really random and we have just bad luck...well in last 2 days I was in 12 BG's and 10 of them were SotA...It pissed me off really...(Vindication Battlegroup)

Emobringer...Because Ashbringer was reserved...
    Why I cant be a hardcore raider? Because I hate when my girl comes to me and whispers to my ear: "Do you want me?" during the raid times...

This could also be a psychological thing.

I believe that noone likes strand, and so everytime you get SotA, you think "Oh no, not again. This sucks." While everytime you get a good BG, you simply play it and enjoy it. This means that you remember that SotA much more than other BGs, leading to the impression that you get it more often.

Oh, and many people leave SotA instantly because it sucks, so someone has to fill up those spots. Which then leave again. So other people fill the same spots again.

Maybe i'm just lucky but I seem to get good mix of BG's, if anything AB comes out on top for me.

10+ Year Old Account

i think out of 50 of em 41 were strand over the weekend for me. I'll keep count this time for kicks. and if people just auto-leave strand maybe they will give us a bag with extra badges and the chance to drop an epic fly.... oh wait
    "When I grew up, I gave up childish things; Including the fear of being childish" Random commenter on Youtube.

Sota.
    54 random bg: 39 sota 5 IoC 4 wsg 0ab 2av

i am pretty sure it picks the bg's with 15 people in it the most, b/c that is the middle ground between 40s and 10s and the easiest to fill for the tool

Never got AV or IoC. Got SotA once only ^^ AB I get 90% of teh times though

Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    This could also be a psychological thing.

I believe that noone likes strand, and so everytime you get SotA, you think "Oh no, not again. This sucks." While everytime you get a good BG, you simply play it and enjoy it. This means that you remember that SotA much more than other BGs, leading to the impression that you get it more often.

Oh, and many people leave SotA instantly because it sucks, so someone has to fill up those spots. Which then leave again. So other people fill the same spots again.
    That is probably the most educated reply i have read on one of these "Not so random" threads from lurking mmo-c. I logged on just to say thanks and i totally agree with this statement, its much easier to remember a bad thing than a good thing i find.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabellassa
    i think out of 50 of em 41 were strand over the weekend for me. I'll keep count this time for kicks. and if people just auto-leave strand maybe they will give us a bag with extra badges and the chance to drop an epic fly.... oh wait
    sooo funny.

Yep,all I seem to get is sota and soemtimes eots.

It probably also matters what the call to arms is, since it will probably try to fill in games that people actually queue for with the random people. For example SotA was my CTA and i kept getting it over. So that might be part of it.

Deleted

I get Sota alot aswell, and alot of you guys seem to be as unfortunate as me. Coincidence? I think not.. Random BG my ass.

Also while we're at it, I get HoL or HoS almost every time I decide to do a random dungeon. Anyone else?

Deleted

Keep getting EOTS and then SOTA.. Seen WSG, AB and IoC 1-3 times. Never joined a AV.

PS. the quee time still suck monkey balls!

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24
    85% is SOTA.

10% is IoC.

rest i have seen maybe 1 or 2 times during the random BG finder
    this

F'ing sota and horde has been sucking it for a realy long time in sota. It actually made me ragequit pvp for a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.