The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Simple specc questions, PvE and PvP

Hi, i am currently leveling my alt warlock, and when he hits 80, i want to gear him up for pve first(to use him as an alt in guild raids if needed), im just wondering, should i stick to my current dual speccs with affli and demonology? or should i go destro for more (easier dmg).

I have played a lvl 80 warlock before but only in the start of WotLk, and i dont know how the speccs are compared to eachother now.

And i am thinking of PvPing after a while, what is the most fun specc to play in PvP? i have played affliction in pvp, but never destro, and i think destro was quite boring in pve :P

im only looking for serious responses, and please dont waste mine or other people's time by making flame posts etc.
    I would love any response/personal experiences and stuff like that
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Re: Simple specc questions, PvE and PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Nidor
    I would love any response/personal experiences and stuff like that
    thanks
    Desto will be easier to pull OK DPS when you first hit 80, it performs the best undergeared.

Affliction when you get enough gear to make it worthwhile, I forget what the actual transition point is, but it's been mentioned in these forums a few times - an average of 251 gear or 800 haste? Something like that, at which point it becomes easily the top DPS spec. I would read around for this.

If you're doing heroics, it really doesn't matter - Destro's easy single target burst, but a lot of heroics might just be an AoE fest - in which case you'll be casting a lot of SoC's, which Affliction does the best at.

In PvP, I find both Destro and Affliction fun (BG's). BG's are easy to either come upon someone with all your CD's up and rape them in 6 ways, or hang back in a group and do rediculous amounts of damage. You'll be the focus target quite a bit, so stack resil as much as you can, especially if you want to step into arenas.

All the specs for these various roles can be found in the sticky.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks a lot for the response

very much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Demo can be fun as well. Sadly it is competitive in BGs while being useless in arenas. Demo is also good for the raid buffs if your guild needs that. Demo isnt so far behind destro and affli that it makes the spec unenjoyable
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

You know, I like Destro too, but the fanboyish posts promoting it get old.

Demo is by far the best way to start out. Destro is pretty weak until you have some decent gear to back it up, same with Affliction. Demo gets a lot of artificial stat inflation and other bonuses that give it an edge when undergeared.

Generally: Start as Demo, as soon as you hit 4pT9, switch to Destro. When you get ready to enter into more serious raiding try out Afflic and Demo and see which you like more.

For PVP, Destro works great in BGs/WG and low rating arena, but as you come up in rating you'll need to switch to Afflic. Unless you play 5s, but... 5s suck. :