Macro command 'mouseover' flakey?

Is the 'mouseover command flakey. I have been trying to set up a few target=mouseover heal macros (teamed up with Grid addon) set to mouse buttons and keyboard keys 1-4. FH and Renew work fine on keys 1&2 (also on mouse scroll wheel) but CoH and PoM set to keys 3&4 (mouse button 3&4) fail to fire. If I change the mouseover command to a pure /cast command all works as I want. ???

Re: Macro command 'mouseover' flakey?

I haven't noticed any issue with this. I wonder...are you not using Clique? I realize you can do anything Clique can do by setting up macros, but perhaps you could download it and see if these are failing with Clique as well? If so, then perhaps there is something wrong with your version of Grid? I assume your macro is something like:

#showtooltip <spellname>
    /cast [@mouseover] <spellname>

One thing you may want to check (and I am NOT implying you are lazy/stupid or whatever) is if you did in fact bind the macro to your keys or mouse clicks as opposed to the actual spell. I only suggest this because I once accidentally bound the actual spell to my keybinds instead of the macro and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I felt like an idiot after announcing to my raid that my macros weren't working and then having to tell them why when I figured it out :P

Well after extensive investigation it seems to be WoW.exe at fault :P WoW doesn't like mouse buttons other than the scroll wheel and one other on my mouse, Logitech G5. There have been several internet postings on other forums that state WoW.exe (unitframes shame on you) swallowing mouse button polling,mine shows the same symptoms. I will just have to see if I can work around the problem with the use of just 3 buttons. I don't want to used an addon really trying to just say no to more memory hogs.

Just to be clear, the actual code I am using is correct because if I assign each/any macro to my mouse scroll wheel (up/down) or the other button they work fine and dandy but when I assign the same macro to any other button on my mouse they fail. When I just assign the macro to keyboard number keys all work as expected. My code is the same as posted by tibben.

Anyway you live and learn. :

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamC
    Well after extensive investigation it seems to be WoW.exe at fault :P WoW doesn't like mouse buttons other than the scroll wheel and one other on my mouse, Logitech G5. There have been several internet postings on other forums that state WoW.exe (unitframes shame on you) swallowing mouse button polling,mine shows the same symptoms. I will just have to see if I can work around the problem with the use of just 3 buttons. I don't want to used an addon really trying to just say no to more memory hogs.

Just to be clear, the actual code I am using is correct because if I assign each/any macro to my mouse scroll wheel (up/down) or the other button they work fine and dandy but when I assign the same macro to any other button on my mouse they fail. When I just assign the macro to keyboard number keys all work as expected. My code is the same as posted by tibben.

Anyway you live and learn. :

Yeah, sometimes you have to assign the mouse button functions to something like "generic key" and let the programs filter it out. On my G9, I have to assign the mousewheel tilt left/right to discrete keys (I use "[" and "]") and then keybind them in WoW.

I know with my logitech mx1000 mouse, is that most of the buttons are assigned to a function as opossed to something more generic.
    Either try them as a generic button, though I am not sure just how many, or which buttons wow will recognise, or just as suggested map them to keys.
    That should then resolve the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.