Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will KS get me Saber Lashed?

Heya. I'm doing ICC 25 later today as combat for the first time (usually there as mut), as they won't let me roll on that sexy DBW as mut. I've done 10 man as combat, and was wondering...

Will using KS on Marrowgar get me saber lashed? I used it one time on him on 10 man, followed by a string of violent cussing as I remembered about the Saber Lash, but I never got damaged. Did I just get lucky or does using KS on Marrowgar not get you saber lashed?

Just hoping to avoid any awkward questions later like, why the hell did a rogue get saber lashed. Thanks for any answers. Peace.

Re: Will KS get me Saber Lashed?

No it won't, because KS always keeps you behind the boss. Just make sure you run behind it fast just incase the boss turns in the middle of your KS and you end up infront of him after it's done.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

My guild does 10 man ICC, so I can't speak to 25, but I KS on Marrowgar all the time without incident.

Saber Lash is a cleave that hits targets in front of him. Killing Spree will move you directly behind your target every time it ticks, so unless your tanks are moving him wildly for some reason or someone behind him happens to pull aggro at that exact moment, it's perfectly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion
    Will using KS on Marrowgar get me saber lashed?
    Nah, it's safe. As always with KS, keep your backwards movement button pressed while doing KS so that you immediately move backwards after getting dropped to the middle of the boss. You might also want to consider timing your KS(+BF) for the spikes to get them down fast.

sack up and killing spree some shit

Killing spree can, if your incredibly unlucky even constantly backpedaling, get you cleaved. It's happened to me on malygos (well, breath) and onyxia among others
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Killing spree can, if your incredibly unlucky even constantly backpedaling, get you cleaved. It's happened to me on malygos (well, breath) and onyxia among others
    You can always time it right after dangerous abilities if you want to be 100% safe.

Do you have a timer fr cleave? Because I haven't got one

Do you have a timer fr cleave? Because I haven't got one
    What do you need a timer for? You just KS just after the cleave.

And how do you know when the boss cleaved?

And how do you know when the boss cleaved?
    Basic raid awareness, being aware of what's going on around you. If you really can't figure out it for yourself ask the tanks to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    Basic raid awareness, being aware of what's going on around you. If you really can't figure out it for yourself ask the tanks to tell you.
    You don't even need this to pop KSpree on marrowgar, it ports you behind the target, not infront with the tanks.

/thread pl0x
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

What do you need a timer for? You just KS just after the cleave.
    Oh, you mean he doesn't cleave on every single melee swing?

As others have said it is theoretically possible that the ability might get you cleaved if your luck is terrible. Having said that, I use KS on every CD on Marrowgar, which probably adds up to hundreds of KSes by this point, and I've never been cleaved. If it happens less than 0.1% of the time, it's probably not worth worrying about. If you do get fantastically unlucky and it happens, just laugh along with everyone else and hit "accept" when someone resses you.

So you can't roll for a BiS trinket, so you roll another spec so you can roll on it so you can go back to the intial spec. Your loot-rules make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Oh, you mean he doesn't cleave on every single melee swing?
    Who is "he"? We're talking generally about timing KS after dangerous abilities.

Who is "he"? We're talking generally about timing KS after dangerous abilities.
    Since the Topic is "Will KS get me Saber Lashed?", Saber Lash is an ability unique to "Lord Marrowgar", and the initial posted question specifically mentions "Lord Marrowgar", my guess would be that "he" indicates "Lord Marrowgar". That was tough one. Not that it matters, since the obvious correct answer to the initial question is: "Probably not, unless you get really, really, REALLY unlucky", but if "he" cleaves on every auto-attack, then your technique of "raid awareness" is not much use. The duration of Killing Spree is almost certainly longer than the interval between "his" attacks.

the only npc that cleaves on every attack is saurfang.... and since he is on your side...
    It's just a game.

I go as combat all the time and have not once been hit by it so i don't think it can hit by it or i am incredibly lucky