Thread: Is it me or?

Deleted

Is it me or?

Hey all.

I am currently levelling my second priest and I just hit level 70. I am healing trough dungeons as holy but I find i can just not keep the tanks up.
    My flash heals heal for around 2k and it just isn't enough.
    I was wondering if all priests around this level have these issues or if I am doing something wrong.

This is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&cn=Novacain

please be gentle....

Re: Is it me or?

Well first thing i can see wrong is that you have a trinket that gives dodge... yea not gonna say anything about it except to get a diff one asap (The BoA trinkets are op whilst lvling) I don't see a major problem with your spec but then again i am no expert. Have you thought of going Disc? I lvl'd to 80 as Disc and i didn't really find a problem unless the tank was fail (Mainly DK's and sometimes the odd pally tank)

Well apart from the dodge trinket, your gear is rather ok. Allthough I would suggest to get rid of the eagle gloves.

Try to get the best quest upgrades you can find in Borean or Howling before attempting any more dungeons and then slap some cheaper enchants on them, should be a nice boost for your spellpower and mana pool.

And about level 70 tanks, most tanks that I see these days in those lower level instances, are...rather crapgeared, usually a mix between dps gear and tank gear (the best post Wotlk fresh 70 tanks should have the cobalt set). But a lot of times they just slap on a shield and try to tank in dps gear, if you are lucky they have a dual protection spec.

And if you're really lucky, they'll also remember to enable defensive stance / frost presence. If not, give them a gentle reminder

In general, Fheal isn't enough to keep a tank up unless either you or the tank is overgeared. And going to greater heal is rarely a good option due to mana concerns. But it is one you have at your disposal if needed.

I can recommend using a combination of Prayer of Mending, greater heal, flash heal and renew. Take drinking breaks as needed. You're about to enter the range of holy pain - where your manaregen is starting to be painfully bad as holy.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, echoing an earlier recommendation that unless you have some strong, Kelesti-type attachment to Holy: go Disc. From 60 through lvl 80 Heroic 5 mans it is the superior spec. You can do it as Holy, but your mana and healing will be easier as Disc.

Hit up a Tailor: browse Wowhead.com for crafted gear at your level and get it made. It shouldn't cost you much at all and it would see some of that poorly itemized or lower level gear replaced with something much better.

PoM, PW:S (even as Holy), Renew (even as Disc), and yes even Greater Heal play a decent role in 5 man healing especially earlier on. Binding Heal is another great one. Prayer of Healing comes in handy a lot too. Don't forget about Guardian Spirit / Pain Suppression either. Priests have a large toolbox; don't be afraid to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    unless you have some strong, Kelesti-type attachment to Holy
    Someone just made my signature.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

I must say I am not totally sure why I have a dodge trinket in there, something, somewhere has gone horribly wrong.

I've raided ICC with my first priest as Disc and with this one i wanted to try out holy so hence me being holy but I might spec Disc to see if it makes it easier.

My normal healing "rotation" I use is pre hot with Renew, then a prayer of mending. Then 3x flash heal and then if the tank takes a lot of damage a greater heal.

But I'll go spec disc and see how that feels. I cant remember how it was with my first Disc priest. Which makes me fear that it was so bad I just blocked it out of my memories :P

from the looks of the item levels of your gear , i can see your helm is the best level item you have it's a lvl 70 dungeon blue so quite high, try to replace your other items which are not heriloom items and get em as close in item level of your helm as possible for much more comfortable healing.
    You may need to do a couple of quests, you may wanna go shadow till your quest items replace those which are very low , OR see the auction house. Soemone suggested seeing a tailor for the latest questing gear closest to your level ,which is another good idea.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's the tanks when taking a quick glance at your gear.
    Plus, Outland can be a little harsh the first few levels you're there... it'll all straighten out later on.
    What is worth fighting for?

If you stay Holy: Learn to use Greater Heal properly. It will save you a ton of mana and be able to keep tanks up through higher damage.

If you go Disc: W/e. I doubt even Kelesti would argue that Holy is better for 5 mans. It's downright boring it's so easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Do some quests to replace your pvp/stam gear and your tanking trinket. The pvp boa items are bad.

discipline is an idea for sure if you are having problem with throughput which is what I believe you said with smaller flash heals. Discipline takes less from this so It might be something to look at until you get a few levels higher and can get some crafter gear or higher quest gear.

It worked for me at end part of bc and first part of wotlk instances

When i lvled through 70 -80 as disc i used the same rotation i use now which is: bubble, prayer of mending, then renew if theyre taking dam and spam flash heal till sheild comes back up. This worked very well for me and still keeps me at around max mana while keeping the tank up. Also for group aoe damage i suggest bubbling everyone if u know its coming and only use prayer of healing when u have no choice( the mana cost sucks and even with glyph its not worth spamming). gl getting to 80 and if u see a DK tank with less than 10k health in UK drop group cause they fail everytime in mu expierence.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Go disco bro, so much more mana friendly and easier to keep the tank up! on high AoE encounters you can just preshield to make up for the diminished AoE healing compared with Holy
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid