Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warriors damage in arena in 2's

I run 1314 resil 19000 armor in 2's. I'm teamed with a warlock at 2000 MMR (Carrying a new warlock).

Okay, so I was up against a team Warrior Paladin. Mind you i lost to them twice, and my warlock was just about to die so i decided to test something. A warrior who sat on me managed to out dps me spamming LHW with ES up coupled with stoneskin/stoneclaw. And he didn't pummel.

Any suggestions on how i can deal with warrior comps, they also knock off 40% of my warlocks health (1110 resil) after a charge.

I'm at a wall against warrior comps, we only tend to beat some at 2000 MMR if the healer is a complete retard and stands in the open to get owned.

Re: Warriors damage in arena in 2's

Grats on kingslayer ati

OT: What spec is the lock, afflic?

rofl, thanks and yeah he is affliction

Deleted

I play a Warrior myself in 2's and the thing is...IF the warrior manages to reach the Target even i with just about 800 Resilience and Saurfang 10 Axe occasionally crit geared platers or mailers for somewhat like 4-5k. This damage seems to be normal and you as an opponent have to try getting away from the Warrior.

As a shaman you can always use Ghost Wolf, because you cant drop below normal running speed. Your Lock can put Exhaustion on the Warrior and you get away, even with HS on you.

You can also use Earthgrab Totem or Earthbind Totem since there is no useful Caster-based Earth Totem as a shaman.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thranng
    I play a Warrior myself in 2's and the thing is...IF the warrior manages to reach the Target even i with just about 800 Resilience and Saurfang 10 Axe occasionally crit geared platers or mailers for somewhat like 4-5k. This damage seems to be normal and you as an opponent have to try getting away from the Warrior.

As a shaman you can always use Ghost Wolf, because you cant drop below normal running speed. Your Lock can put Exhaustion on the Warrior and you get away, even with HS on you.

You can also use Earthgrab Totem or Earthbind Totem since there is no useful Caster-based Earth Totem as a shaman.
    Nice fail mate, because warriors doesn't have Piercing howl harhar.

Deleted

Don't tank as healer? ???

Main part of shaman healing is totems and running away.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig
    Don't tank as healer? ???

Main part of shaman healing is totems and running away.
    And don't forget to pop heroism :P.

But honestly, I'm a casual PVP'er on my priest and the only hope I've got really is to outmaneuver them. Also once he gets me @ ~<40% it's really hard to get back up without the help of my partner or fearing him away and LOSing. I hate cloth :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by enqi
    Nice fail mate, because warriors doesn't have Piercing howl harhar.
    You do realize that the Shaman doesnt drop below normal Speed in Ghost Wolf even WITH Piercing Howl on him? Don't consider others as fail if you dont know game mechanics, thanks.

As easy as it sounds, i do infact Earthbind and wolf away from the warrior, I also do frost shocks to kite if he breaks my earthbind and charges me, however I'm merely saying strictly from a standpoint, if a warrior can outdps me while im earthshield and healing, then isn't the damage output a bit much, Most the time the warrior just humps my warlocks pet or the warlock.

All of your strats are relating "shamans can kite a warrior with wolf" little do you know in 2v2 you have a partner. If he switches to my partner, i have to pop out to heal, then he switches back, charge CD isn't really long so chain charges can eventually happen.

Warrior Paladin -> Lock Exhaustion/I Frost Shock warrior, paladin freedoms him, hes free to pound on me. 100% movement speed in wolf form trying to run away from a warrior, if he charges me, that stun + hit can gib 20% of my health followed by melee swings + special attacks while i try to kite (if he has freedom), so in turn, i pop out to heal or to hex, depending on what cds he has left, but if you follow this regard, given the warriors damage output i'll run out of mana alot faster than a paladin humping a pillar and throwing holy shocks + FoLs.

Warrior Druid -> Druid entangles me, warriors free to knock on me a couple of hits before entangle breaks due to damage. (inb4; l2windshear, honestly even if i do its a short interrupt, he can just recast after. Where is my warlock you may ask, cycloned probably. Where is my grounding, its not hard to stop a cast to moonfire to break grounding.) I'm not a bad player I'm just curious as to how I can beat warrior + healer comps as UA lock shaman given the damage they can output.

Warrior Priest -> One of the more easier comps due to the fact that a priests mana regeneration isn't as strong. Warrior hits me, i can kite with no problem as priest cant decurse, however if a warrior sits on my warlock / his pet, I pretty much run out of mana before a priest because a warrior can lock out the warlocks damage (teleport?, Yes he does do this too, and CoEx the warrior to aid in kiting, however its nothing a charge can't fix)

Again, most the time i beat warriors at 2k MMR is due to the fact 1) they have mentally retarded healers who don't know how to support a warrior and stands in the open, I do fear / hex rotations on a warrior to lock him out if i'm going to go for a kill.
    2) The healer is trying to carry a super bad warrior, i vs'd a warrior paladin just now, paladin is a 2.2-2.3k player, warrior not so much, all the warrior did was sit on my warlock entire match without doing any interrupts, and yes they eventually won, a paladin can hump a pillar very well, and keep up a warrior (beacon has no LoS issues)

10+ Year Old Account

only advice I can give is install scrolling combat text and watch for the Overpower icon.

If you can time healing in that 6s window between them you will only have 50% ms instead of the 75% ms if he lands an Overpower on your LHW.

also Frost shock + ghost wolf is pretty much a free run for you to 5-8 kite him or Pillar hump.

I play at 450MS, so 5-8 kiting is hard for me now, used to be able to do it in BC on my rogue when i had low MS.

Your at 2k, you've obviously got SOME skill. Make sure you warlock is good enough to be helping you with peeling the warrior off. Trust me, warriors will eat a shaman if your not careful.

I play 2k 2v2 as a Holy pal, with an MS warr partner. We eat warlock teams for lunch if i dont stand out in the open eating UA's and Fears. Shaman/Aff Lock is sort of an unusual team IMO. Ive definitely not faced one of your comps before.

Good luck.

A few things. 1 is I agree warrior damage in 2s is rediculous. I have a priest and almost 1350 resil. If I have a bubble on a warrior can charge me and on average breaks my bubble and gets me to around 70% within the stun. I run with a ret pally and he is good with going defensive (BoP, FoL spams, etc). If I dont have a bubble on me, which rarely happens unless its on CD a warrior can charge me and sometimes get me into execute range, or he might get a double execute. Regardless, at the end of most arenas if the warrior is atleast decent, he will do on average the same amount of damage and healing as my ret paladin, and I do around 1/2 of what his healer does, because of bubbles etc.

One other thing is that when fighting against a pally, purge is your best friend.

Lastly, I cant wait until mortal strike, aimed shot, etc gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    I run 1314 resil 19000 armor in 2's. I'm teamed with a warlock at 2000 MMR (Carrying a new warlock).

Okay, so I was up against a team Warrior Paladin. Mind you i lost to them twice, and my warlock was just about to die so i decided to test something. A warrior who sat on me managed to out dps me spamming LHW with ES up coupled with stoneskin/stoneclaw. And he didn't pummel.

Any suggestions on how i can deal with warrior comps, they also knock off 40% of my warlocks health (1110 resil) after a charge.

I'm at a wall against warrior comps, we only tend to beat some at 2000 MMR if the healer is a complete retard and stands in the open to get owned.
    If he's on lock :Warriors are locks greatest weakness especially in 2s, their constant immunity to fear makes the match very difficult. And they hit hard, make sure your lock portals blade storm or when hes in danger to drop MS. Drink every time you can, keep the locks health high, keep his pet alive.

If he's on you: Make sure the lock fears whenever possible,pillar hump a lottttttttttt, ghost wolf earth bind frost shock. As a priest I have insane trouble surviving good warriors. just dodge them as much as possible.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Legit
    A few things. 1 is I agree warrior damage in 2s is rediculous. I have a priest and almost 1350 resil. If I have a bubble on a warrior can charge me and on average breaks my bubble and gets me to around 70% within the stun. I run with a ret pally and he is good with going defensive (BoP, FoL spams, etc). If I dont have a bubble on me, which rarely happens unless its on CD a warrior can charge me and sometimes get me into execute range, or he might get a double execute. Regardless, at the end of most arenas if the warrior is atleast decent, he will do on average the same amount of damage and healing as my ret paladin, and I do around 1/2 of what his healer does, because of bubbles etc.

One other thing is that when fighting against a pally, purge is your best friend.

Lastly, I cant wait until mortal strike, aimed shot, etc gets nerfed.
    With 1350 resil you should be around 30-31K hp with kings and fort, as well as a bubble that absorbs for around 8K, saying he can get you to 70% in charge stun is saying he can do around 16K in a white swing and an ms. I don't find that plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Terrible people crying on mmo-champion *facepalm*.

If I can indefinetely outtank a warrior as a priest, then you sure as hell should aswell.
    no you cannot.

Well it happened last night multiple times. It was happening so often that we actually just stopped. Warriors either have shadow's edge or bone arbiter, and if bone arbiter procs there is 2-2.5k damage right there, So add in the melee swing for 1500-3k if it crits a mortal for 2-3.5k depending on crit and max damage output there is 7.5k. Add in a possible judgement theres another 500. Or moonfire + insect swarm. If a good pally warrior use their cooldowns right, nothing can stop them tbh. If I get BoP'd shattering throw 2 seconds later + a 2-3 sec charge stun. With Mortal up my flash heal will heal for about 2k or penace for 1.5k-2.5k depending on crits it really is not enough. On the other hand, if I dont have mortal on me im full health in 2-3 seconds.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Legit
    Well it happened last night multiple times. It was happening so often that we actually just stopped. Warriors either have shadow's edge or bone arbiter, and if bone arbiter procs there is 2-2.5k damage right there, So add in the melee swing for 1500-3k if it crits a mortal for 2-3.5k depending on crit and max damage output there is 7.5k. Add in a possible judgement theres another 500. Or moonfire + insect swarm. If a good pally warrior use their cooldowns right, nothing can stop them tbh. If I get BoP'd shattering throw 2 seconds later + a 2-3 sec charge stun. With Mortal up my flash heal will heal for about 2k or penace for 1.5k-2.5k depending on crits it really is not enough. On the other hand, if I dont have mortal on me im full health in 2-3 seconds.
    Where is your paladin in all of this? On most maps ( not ROV piece of crap ) you can have your pally peel to some degree by simply getting him to slow down ( relative, justice on the war or freedom on you ) or stun the warrior while you get outta los to recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Terrible people crying on mmo-champion *facepalm*.

If I can indefinetely outtank a warrior as a priest, then you sure as hell should aswell.
    Link armory. You are either playing against scrub warriors or talking out of your ass. A priest will not be able to tank a warrior and will not survive long if they don't have partners peeling the warrior off them.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    Where is your paladin in all of this? On most maps ( not ROV piece of crap ) you can have your pally peel to some degree by simply getting him to slow down ( relative, justice on the war or freedom on you ) or stun the warrior while you get outta los to recover.
    A warrior does not have a speed increase besides maybe tuskars vitality, or he has it in his meta, Justice wont do much, and we typically save freedom for pally stuns. Also, if I do manage to get away, he switches to my pally, which I am forced to eventually heal, and then he intercepts to me and we are at stage one again.