Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retribution Paladin PVP

I am beginning to gear my fresh 80 for retribution pvp and I am wondering what the major weaknesses of the ret is in pvp atm. care to fill me in oh great mmo-champ ret paladins?

Re: Retadin PVP

Retadin has nothing to do with Retribution Paladins. Maybe you post in wrong forum

Ret(ribution)(pal)adin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawin
    Ret(ribution)(pal)adin
    The paladin community does not like these sort of nicknames.
    Loladin
    Facerolladin
    Holydin
    Tankadin
    ... ect ect ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawin
    I am beginning to gear my fresh 80 for retadin pvp and I am wondering what the major weaknesses of the ret is in pvp atm. care to fill me in oh great mmochamp retadins?
    This should give you a idea of the current state of the retribution paladins in pvp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F82resGO2pU

Edit: or even better; http://www.youtube.com/user/retribut.../0/swLXTJpNjeU
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    This should give you a idea of the current state of the retribution paladins in pvp

Ahahahahaha, those videos made my day

you do fuckall vs healers unless you are paired up with an MS class. other than that it's all good.
    oh, and you spend like 60% of the time in 3s dispelling and assisting your teammates with crap

Rets are so easy to play that they get boring quick and force you to reroll druid

I have a druid lol. hmm and boomkins dont do to great in pvp

Loladin
    Facerolladin
    Holydin
    Tankadin
    ... ect ect ect...
    Hey Tesshiro, love the avatar but not your opinion about pally names. YOU may not like them but then again you dont represent the pally community, should probably not try to sound like you do. Personally I've loved every minute of being a TANKADIN since BC. Granted loladin/facerolladin are negative terms but retadin/tankadin? Cmon now...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=Catawampous

10+ Year Old Account

As was said above, your better off rolling holy because as ret your just going to end up becoming a dispel/back up healer bot anyway. Once someone hits 800 resilience or has a healer paying attention to them the burst becomes laughable & with how powerful mana regin is you cant even make a healer go oom.

Now if you want a real pvp spec just respec prot with some points in ret then grab a bunch of ret gear a 1 handed weapon & a shield and you have a real pvp spec. You get pretty much all the "burst" of ret but you wont be kited forever and you have a 3 second silence & 6 second stun on a 30 second Cd, not to mention the extra 12% physical damage reduction & 18% magic damage reduction that comes with prot spec & stacks with resilience!
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinparar
    Hey Tesshiro, love the avatar but not your opinion about pally names. YOU may not like them but then again you dont represent the pally community, should probably not try to sound like you do. Personally I've loved every minute of being a TANKADIN since BC. Granted loladin/facerolladin are negative terms but retadin/tankadin? Cmon now...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=Catawampous
    Probarly my own opinions, sorry about that. But I do hate the way you try to flame me, and end it with linking your armory, which I see no reason for what-so-ever. Tho' both Furiozo and I agreed that a retadin (or retardin) has nothing to do with a retribution paladin (one who actually knows what to do). And seeing we are part of the paladin community and the majority in this post, we are the paladin community!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Retribution Paladin PVP

Tho' both Furiozo and I agreed that a retadin has nothing to do with a retribution paladin (one who actually knows what to do).
    I wasn't aware that more letters = more smarts.

I like retripala. It's no different from enhsham or spriest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Retcognition
    I wasn't aware that more letters = more smarts.

I like retripala. It's no different from enhsham or spriest.
    It's not about the numbers of letters, but what those letters represent.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Retcognition

I like ret paly. It's no different from enhsham, spriest or survival hunter yet no more complicated then a arms warrior, fury warrior, mutilate rouge, or arcane mage.
    Fixed
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

In those situations, this music always plays inside of my head:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

It's so frustrating, that it begins to be funny again...

Probarly my own opinions, sorry about that. But I do hate the way you try to flame me, and end it with linking your armory, which I see no reason for what-so-ever. Tho' both Furiozo and I agreed that a retadin (or retardin) has nothing to do with a retribution paladin (one who actually knows what to do). And seeing we are part of the paladin community and the majority in this post, we are the paladin community!
    Gotcha dude, no worries and no flames intended. Provided my armory so I couldn't be accused of trolling as I read these forums daily but that was my first post.

I AM a Tanadin and proud of that moniker.

Loladin
    Facerolladin
    Holydin
    Tankadin
    ... ect ect ect...
    While Loladin, Facerolladin (never heard this though) are insulting, I hardly find casual shortcuts insults.

Tankadin is only Saying a Paladin who Tanks; Holydin is saying a Pally who heals; and so on. It's not really an insult.. it's just used because spelling it all out can be annoying.

I don't think it makes you better based on if you use a nickname to define yourself or not. Having grammar skills and such typically shows you are smarter, though I suppose people take issue with that :P.

Gotcha dude, no worries and no flames intended. Provided my armory so I couldn't be accused of trolling as I read these forums daily but that was my first post.

I AM a Tanadin and proud of that moniker.
    Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted

Tanadin, the paladin with a nice tan.

Well, to resume what this thread was about, as a retri (and as any other dps pvp:er), you should have a healer nearby. And on larger BG´s, never go alone, use teamwork and comminucation as much as possible. For weakness, I should say mages are one of your greatest enemies, or any cloth really. But then it might just be me, sucking in pvp. :P

Loladin
    Facerolladin
    Holydin
    Tankadin
    ... ect ect ect...
    /agree

This hits the nail on the head, sad but true =/

Edit: Weaknesses - Locks or mages, those are #1, priests too, dispels are the devil

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    While Loladin, Facerolladin (never heard this though) are insulting, I hardly find casual shortcuts insults.

Tankadin is only Saying a Paladin who Tanks; Holydin is saying a Pally who heals; and so on. It's not really an insult.. it's just used because spelling it all out can be annoying.

I don't think it makes you better based on if you use a nickname to define yourself or not. Having grammar skills and such typically shows you are smarter, though I suppose people take issue with that :P.
    I guess it's a personal preference. Some will agree with me, some won't.