Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best tactic for saurfang 10 man hc

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts
    I can only imagine how much having 7 rocking dps would be like
    My normal group has a disc priest who goes holy and smite spams, and a Rdruid with a very good boom set. The group i ran with last night (to help some guildmates) had a resto shaman with a semi-decent ele set, and a Rdruid with a pretty bad boom set. It would be nice to have 7 dps that can pull great numbers, but our overall dps usually comes out around 10k per person, averaged out.

We have done this fight with 1 ranged before it just needs you to think a little.

Im a prot warrior and I usually shockwave 1 add and our ret stuns the other. Hunter gets agro on 1 and the rogue tricks the other add to the hunter and they explode quite quickly.

thnx for the replys, will keep current tactics and maybe 2 man it with a pally, dont think pall signed for 10 mans tonight though

we hammer 1 add nuke him fast, 2nd add boomkin agro, root away from raid then pushback and nuked

Think you might be overcomplicating it a bit. With a boomkin and enh shammy you should be able to blow them both up before typhoon daze wears off.

Wait for the earthbind to tick, let them run forwards a bit while they get damaged, right before they get to the boomkin have him typhoon. If they're not dead in those 10-12 seconds you're going to have trouble anyways.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well what our guild did is the following:

Tanks: Warrior, Death Knight
    Healers: 2x holy ( me )
    DPS: 1 Boomkin, 1 shadow priest, 1 ench shammy, 2 Hunter, 1 Rogue

Well at the start we beacon each a diffrent tank and heal other tank / raid members
    thats what we do till ~60% when the first mark appears.

We asigned that the other pala beacon the first mark and heal rest, i keep the tank beaconed till the second mark apears.

When the second mark appears i place my beacon on him with my shield and start healing the tanks, with some FoLs and HS on raid members.

From this point the 2 pala healers are spamming holy lights for life, if they dont the marked guy will die and wipe the raid.
    when the second mark is up on one of the raid members( mostly near 35 % ) we use Bl / Hero.
    we can do this setup because we got good decend geared holy palas.

When the adds appear the boomkin root 1 add and start nuking then other add with the 2 other hunters, this is no problem at all.
    keep rotating this when the the boss is dead.

Im not sure about the tanking thing :S
    But i hope this help u out

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Think you might be overcomplicating it a bit. With a boomkin and enh shammy you should be able to blow them both up before typhoon daze wears off.

Wait for the earthbind to tick, let them run forwards a bit while they get damaged, right before they get to the boomkin have him typhoon. If they're not dead in those 10-12 seconds you're going to have trouble anyways.
    this and the other posts saying 2 healers are the best info so far. with 2 healers you should only get 1-2 marks and have plenty of dps to handle the timers. so swapping one of the druids to boomkin and getting in your pally for the other priest or druid is ideal. enhancement shaman means you can drop earthbind on the melee without wasting time moving to drop traps, and boomkin provides knockbacks if you need. with 4 range, you should just split up the dps on the adds (boomkin/hunter on one side, boomkin/mage on the other). its also best to get maximum dps on them to dps the one on the opposite side. for instance, boomkin 1 and hunter stand on the west half of the platform. they dps the beast that spawns on the east side, making it walk 10 yards further to get to them than the other beast would have. you have knockbacks for both sides if you need (typhoons), and roots for both sides if you absolutely need.

the dk and shaman shouldnt have to do anything at all to help with them other than the earthbind every 30 seconds. if you have the pally, have him stand at range with righteous fury on to get healing aggro on them over the melee/tank cleaves that may land or other healer's aggro that anyone may get in the first second they spawn before they're actually directly attacked for aggro. and of course, bubble/iceblock/hop boiling bloods off as you get them to reduce his runic power. lust at 30%. you have a decent comp for it, just need 2 healers instead of 3 and need to make sure beasts arent rooted in melee or they'll just attack them.

We use a holy paladin / holy priest. The paladin solo heals until the 1st mark goes out whilst the priest dps' until that point and then joins in healing for some extra damage which allows us to get our 1st mark around the 50% mark.

Not sure how difficuilt it would be to solo heal as another class but if you have a holy paladin is worth doing for some extra damage.

We use 2 melee, 2 tanks (war/druid or druid/pally depending on who's on) 2 heals (pally/shaman and pally/druid) and 4 ranged.

We usually criss-cross pull them. So the 2 ranged on the left sang the one on the right, etc.

With the war tank, he shockwaves to give them a little extra time.

We pop Hero right from the beginning, giving marks less time to stack (usually do it at 30%, but found beginning works better in HM)

Typically we get our 1st mark at 40-45% and the 2nd at 10-15%, so it's not as bad to heal through.

Was going to suggest enhancement shaman for the knockback, but I was beaten to it, and it was expanded upon further.
    Any slowing or otherwise delaying ability on the blood beasts is a good tactic whatever the means of achieving it proves to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.