Pvp ranks in Cataclysm

I have been thinking about some pvp ranks for cataclysm. If blizzard would make new pvp ranks equal to High warlord/Grand marshal in cataclysm. I personally would like them make the system work like arena ranks today you keep them for one season then you will only have the achievement in next and not the rank in the next season (unless you meet the requirements). Lets say High warlord was 100k hks in the first season, then in the second season you would gain access to pvp weapons equalent to the pve hardmode weapons, but for the third season you wouldnt be able to buy them unless you achieved high warlord rank again. If there are 14 ranks lets say rank 7 would give 25man weapon equals and rank 14 give 25man hardmode weapons.

This is something have been wanting to share for quite some time now, what are your opinions?

Re: Pvp ranks in Cataclysm

100k kbs for the top rank?
    So you would have to get 100,000 killing blows just for weapons?

And that would be pretty hard for some classes. We'll have to see what blizzard come up with when they introduce rated battlegrounds.
    Im a warlock. Not been nerfed for two patches. Its going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazylax
    100k kbs for the top rank?
    So you would have to get 100,000 killing blows just for weapons?

And that would be pretty hard for some classes. We'll have to see what blizzard come up with when they introduce rated battlegrounds.
    ofc not 100k kb was just some random number i chose xD Like a more realistic one would be maybe 2-5k kbs each rank and at 7 you get a weapon equal to 25mans and at rank 14 you get one with 25man hardmode ilvl.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

This promotes farming, nothing skill related.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Very true it promotes farming, but personally I am a big fan of the old pvp system. When you acheive rank 14 you feel like you actualy did some work to get there. Would be nice with some uniqe gear that was hard to uptain, but then again would be dumb to promot botting and ppl with no brains that just run around in bgs doing nothing.

I assume you mean HK rather than KB, otherwise nobody is going to heal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Theonebank
    Very true it promotes farming, but personally I am a big fan of the old pvp system. When you acheive rank 14 you feel like you actualy did some work to get there. Would be nice with some uniqe gear that was hard to uptain, but then again would be dumb to promot botting and ppl with no brains that just run around in bgs doing nothing.
    While I do agree with unique gear that was hard to obtain, I don't agree with it being equal to hm encounter drops or high rating pvp as those do require more than just time.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth
    I assume you mean HK rather than KB, otherwise nobody is going to heal.
    Yeah thanks. I did mean Hks. Was thinking Hks, but my hands wrote kbs. My mind is tricky sometimes xD
    Kbs would be nice to remove bots though wouldnt workout for the healers...

The new pvp ranks should have their own bar on the action bar (Like the bar on your stats page on BF2) and your activity in pvp should increase the experiance in the rank bar before you rank up.

So you cant actually bot/afk the ranks.