10+ Year Old Account

Holy Healing challenge

Next raid turn off your raid frames and healing addons (lolhealbot) dont drag out the default raid frames. Press Shift+v for friendly floating name plates and heal like that.

Re: Holy Healing challenge

why not remove all ur keybindings and and all spells from your bars and playfrom the spellbook aswell, and everytime before you heal someone you /y healing "name"..... sigh

why would you even consider doing this?

10+ Year Old Account

Shear boredom. im going to try if for a few bosses in ICC25 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe
    Shear boredom. im going to try if for a few bosses in ICC25 tonight

if u use grid and u get disconnected and logg back in u will have to do that if u dont have time to reloadui happend to me many times but would never do it willingly

sounds retarded
    i like pie and i cannot lie

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raylea

if u use grid and u get disconnected and logg back in u will have to do that if u dont have time to reloadui happen to me many times but would never do it willingly
    my grid reloads after i get DC'd in a fight. i used to not but it does now

Quote Originally Posted by Mercius
    sounds retarded

So does dressing up like ppl from the castle ages and fighting with foam swords, but ppl still do it

I always find people who say "err whats the point" funny... its a game some things you do just for a laugh.. you know fun... as in happiness :S

I play a holy pally and have had to do similar things after dc's and add ons havent loaded correctly however this post has inspired me.. how much fun would a "no addons" raid be.. perhaps something like naxx to begin with.. no one knowing whos got what threat, no DBM alarm going off when you have to swap... oh man the hilarity that would ensue
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

10+ Year Old Account

So does dressing up like ppl from the castle ages and fighting with foam swords, but ppl still do it
    /throws down gauntlet

You, sir, have offended my good nature. I challenge you to a DU-ELL!

10+ Year Old Account

Real men use real swords.

On topic: This is how I heal battlegrounds. It's certainly doable, but dispelling gets hard.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Yeah, how about no? You can heal further than those panel display, which means you can't even see people at your max range to heal them without actively targeting them. Making things harder can be fun, but making them harder and less fun at the same time? No thanks.

Actually, I wouldn't even call it an artificial hardmode, I would call it Fake Difficulty. Healing is difficult because it requires resource manage, spell selection, triage, cooperation, etc. Once you start making it difficult because you can't make informed decisions because information is lacking (as it would be using nameplates) or because you can't select a target amongst 10 others in the same area that are constantly moving.

Worse, if you're doing it in any kind of a serious encounter, either you're needed and not performing optimally and risk causing a wipe, or you're not needed in which case you could get through it quicker, and to more interesting content, if you performed better. I guess it's not so bad if you're doing it on something like the gunship fight, where you can probably have close to half the raid AFK with little difference in the encounter length, but anywhere where it might make it interesting, it probably also adds enough fake difficulty to cause problems. If you're doing it in PVP, you're adding a level of unnecessary complexity that your opponents don't have to deal with, thus putting your team at an unnecessary disadvantage, which makes you a jerk.

Either way, I think it's only fair to perform as well as I can because I expect the same from my team/raid mates. Plus, it doesn't sound fun, it just sounds frustrating. So, I'll pass.

Deleted

I have always wanted to take all of the "PvE is too easy" scrubs back to naxx or something and play without any addons and see how well they do. When I raided naxx this expansion, the only addon I had was DBM for the first few wings. I learnt to play without them, and then they improved my ability.