Regemming advice wanted!

So heres my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...torms&cn=Zurii

Since I'm starting to move into the next highest level of gear I'm not sure what to gem for anymore, I've been having alot of debate about switching all my sp/int gems for sp/haste and continuing to gem for it in any new pieces of gear, I'm not even sure how much haste to aim for though, I've heard 18% is good, but then I've also heard so is 27%, right now I'm sitting around 17%. =\
    I also use the glyph the renew, so I know that's going to make a difference about how many casts I can get off between my CDs, so let me know what you guys think!

Re: Regemming advice wanted!

Could have looked at the other 5 topics like this that popped up in the last few days...

Holy starts with SP/Int, Int and Int/Spirit gems at the lowest gear levels. They then move to SP, SP/Int and SP/Spirit (T7.5+). They then move to SP, SP/Haste and SP/Spirit (T8.5+). They then move to SP/Haste, Haste and Haste/Spirit (T9.75+). Finally they move to pure Haste, with only a SP/Spirit, or a SP/Haste and Haste/Spirit gem to activate the meta (T10.5+).

You are in full 264, but gemming like you're in Ulduar gear. You should be either gemming SP/Haste in red, Haste in yellow, and Haste/Spirit in blue, or gemming almost entirely Haste. Depending on how comfortable you are.

Edit: If you're using the glyph of Renew you should be aiming for either 670, or 900 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Could have looked at the other 5 topics like this that popped up in the last few days...

Holy starts with SP/Int, Int and Int/Spirit gems at the lowest gear levels. They then move to SP, SP/Int and SP/Spirit (T7.5+). They then move to SP, SP/Haste and SP/Spirit (T8.5+). They then move to SP/Haste, Haste and Haste/Spirit (T9.75+). Finally they move to pure Haste, with only a SP/Spirit, or a SP/Haste and Haste/Spirit gem to activate the meta (T10.5+).

You are in full 264, but gemming like you're in Ulduar gear. You should be either gemming SP/Haste in red, Haste in yellow, and Haste/Spirit in blue, or gemming almost entirely Haste. Depending on how comfortable you are.

Edit: If you're using the glyph of Renew you should be aiming for either 670, or 900 haste.
    I have looked at the other topics but as you said, I'm in (almost) full 264 and moving into 277 gear, from the topics I've looked at peoples gear has been rather different so it wasn't much help to me
    670 haste sounds pretty easy to get to, whats the benefit of reaching 900?

900 allows you to run Renew (glyphed) on one additional person. I'm not fond of the Renew glyph (reduces output on most fights), but if you like it then yeah. I'd aim for 900, rather than 670 as a goal. 670 fits well for pure Renew spam when glyphed, but 900 would allow much better PoH usage.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    900 allows you to run Renew (glyphed) on one additional person. I'm not fond of the Renew glyph (reduces output on most fights), but if you like it then yeah. I'd aim for 900, rather than 670 as a goal. 670 fits well for pure Renew spam when glyphed, but 900 would allow much better PoH usage.
    Thanks! Thats pretty much the answer I was looking for, one more question though, for future reference, if I wanted to switch out my renew glyph would I aim for the 1200 something cap? (Can't remember the exact number right now)

1269 is the hard GCD cap, which you can aim for with, or without the glyph. In full 277 it's basically what you aim for regardless of what else you're doing.

For non-Renew the 'good' numbers are 663, 966, and 1269. (12, 13 and 14 GCDs between each Renew duration). The easiest to reach for you is to switch to the PoH glyph and aim for 663. Though really, the higher the better.

Alright, thank you