Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The Lich King doesn't have shit on Rallos Zek

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    It was the yardstick before wow. Hit half a million subscribers when that was unheard of. And it's the reason any one of those 500,000 laugh heartily when someone says WoW was ever hardcore.
    And it's the reason the rest of the 12m laugh at those 500,000 for being basement dwelling no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgitschris
    Absolute Virture FOR THE WIN AGAINST ALL. SUP IMMA SPAM 2HR ABILITIES AND RAPE! WHAT'S THAT? ALMOST DEAD? LOL BENEDICTION. OH DAMAGE? INVINCIBLE. Fuck AV lol
    Oh hey you Gaijin noobs, this is SE to show you a video of how to kill AV.

Oh? You didn't understand it? Too bad.

Drelzna... You know you loved that star moon wallpaper.

And ShowEQ. Woot. Satelite recon went a long way...

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob
    And it's the reason the rest of the 12m laugh at those 500,000 for being basement dwelling no-lifers.
    People that play WoW are just as no-life as the EQ people were... getting leveled in WoW is extremely different and faster than EQ, there are no HELL LEVELS in WoW and you can be a no life with 10 80s and not raid at all and play more than hardcore raiders in EQ did, dont be such a downer.

Quote Originally Posted by borbes
    Lineage hit 500k way before EQ did.
    Koreans is the cah-raaaaziest peoples. (Almost 100% of Lineage's subscribers were Korean).

Lineage was mostly unknown, EQ was still the king outside Korea.

It was the yardstick before wow. Hit half a million subscribers when that was unheard of. And it's the reason any one of those 500,000 laugh heartily when someone says WoW was ever hardcore.
    Umm... in what world was EQ ever hardcore? As almost any class save Monk, you had, at most, three buttons you hit during a fight, and that's if you were a large race fighter (Kick, Slam, and Attack) or a tank (Taunt, Bash, and Attack), while monks had a reasonable number in the 5 range of worthwhile attacks. Everyone else just spammed their best ability.

No bosses had unique mechanics worth mentioning in the face of WoW's boss fights. It basically was 100 guys standing around mashing the same single button over and over and over for up to an hour on the same guy. A toddler who couldn't even count could play a max level EQ character in a raid without much training. If you wanna talk about faceroll, look at older MMOs. It's not hardcore to press one button for six hours a day, seven days a week, that's mostly just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ecisouji
    Heh, there I am on (ex)E'ci hiding away....

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=601295587308

Inny (all three times), Vulak, Emp, AoW, Aten, Corinav, Fennin, Xeg, heck all the damn gods! Those were some incredibly epic battles...

- E
    Xegony was the longest fight everrrrrrrrrrrrrr but wow was it fun. Healing on mount for mana regen ftw

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    Umm... in what world was EQ ever hardcore? As almost any class save Monk, you had, at most, three buttons you hit during a fight, and that's if you were a large race fighter (Kick, Slam, and Attack) or a tank (Taunt, Bash, and Attack), while monks had a reasonable number in the 5 range of worthwhile attacks. Everyone else just spammed their best ability.

No bosses had unique mechanics worth mentioning in the face of WoW's boss fights. It basically was 100 guys standing around mashing the same single button over and over and over for up to an hour on the same guy. A toddler who couldn't even count could play a max level EQ character in a raid without much training. If you wanna talk about faceroll, look at older MMOs. It's not hardcore to press one button for six hours a day, seven days a week, that's mostly just sad.
    The pulling mechanic was more hardcore than the entirety of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Xegony was the longest fight everrrrrrrrrrrrrr but wow was it fun. Healing on mount for mana regen ftw
    Rathe Council and Aten were here, Xegony is small time.

And then came FFXI...

No bosses had unique mechanics worth mentioning in the face of WoW's boss fights.
    to be fair, that's like saying the typewriter should have features similar to a modern pc. Games have come a long way in the last 11 years.

You're exagerating quite a bit... it wasnt as complex as WoW by any means but the fights werent mechanic-less as you make it out to be. You probably didn't play much in the PoP expansion, most of it actually took some form of strategy at that point. And I'm pretty sure a toddler could get to lvl 80 in WoW these days hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbercules
    The pulling mechanic was more hardcore than the entirety of WoW.
    Oh man, SO much thought had to go into a pull. Having played a monk for most of my EQ career, I can say with full confidence that feign pulling was a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaraka
    Rathe Council and Aten were here, Xegony is small time.
    I dont remember aten ha ra being too terrible long in comparison to rathe and xegony. Probably cuz I only killed her in the later stages of Luclin when everybody had the best gear.

Koreans is the cah-raaaaziest peoples. (Almost 100% of Lineage's subscribers were Korean).

Lineage was mostly unknown, EQ was still the king outside Korea.
    FFXI was the first non-Korean MMO to hit 500k. Fail argument is fail. Both still have more subscribers than EQ ever had. EQ is and always will be a terrible game.

Oh man, SO much thought had to go into a pull. Having played a monk for most of my EQ career, I can say with full confidence that feign pulling was a bitch.
    As a fellow monk, I'll say that I really liked pulling because it was so hardcore. My favorite zone to pull was definitely PoFire. Water can climb a wall of dicks, though.

I was a tank healer so sadly I didn't get to see anything fun about that fight. We were off huddled around our edge while everyone else got to run around and clobber adds. I think the craziest memory of that fight was when our MT's health literally went purple. He started to fall over but bounced right back up again as the heal landed. I think we all needed new pants after that....

- E

I dont remember aten ha ra being too terrible long in comparison to rathe and xegony. Probably cuz I only killed her in the later stages of Luclin when everybody had the best gear.
    I played on a PVP server, where most players were relatively undergeared by PVE standards, and Aten took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ecisouji
    I was a tank healer so sadly I didn't get to see anything fun about that fight. We were off huddled around our edge while everyone else got to run around and clobber adds. I think the craziest memory of that fight was when our MT's health literally went purple. He started to fall over but bounced right back up again as the heal landed. I think we all needed new pants after that....

- E
    I remember making tanks members of the purple club, such fun times, but the tanks didnt appreciate it much lol. I was a MT healer on occasion for that fight too, CH CH CH CH CH CH CH CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaraka
    As a fellow monk, I'll say that I really liked pulling because it was so hardcore. My favorite zone to pull was definitely PoFire. Water can climb a wall of dicks, though.
    Everyone remember to farm their fishbone earring from poor hadden?

- E