Thread: Wifi Help

Wifi Help

hey does anyone know how to connect your phone internet to your ipod touch?

Re: Wifi Help

Your phone provider will have an option that costs a bit extra normally to turn your phone into a wireless hotspot, what that does is basically broadcasts your phone's internet as if it was a router, anyone nearby will be able to tap into that internet provided they have the username and password. It works exactly like it would if you were connecting your ipod via wifi, but your phone would need to be configured to turn it into a hotspot, talk to your service provider about it.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

Quote Originally Posted by None
    Your phone provider will have an option that costs a bit extra normally to turn your phone into a wireless hotspot, what that does is basically broadcasts your phone's internet as if it was a router, anyone nearby will be able to tap into that internet provided they have the username and password. It works exactly like it would if you were connecting your ipod via wifi, but your phone would need to be configured to turn it into a hotspot, talk to your service provider about it.
    alright thx.
    can we do it over the phone?

I'd assume you can go into an outlet in your local mall, or call them and see what they can do. When I got my phone the option was on the initial contract but I'm sure you can just as easily have it added.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage