Thread: Paladin Teir

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Paladin Teir

well, i personally think that some of the most awesome sets are the last 2 pvp sets

they just cry paladin and look awesome

I dont understand why people hate T10 helm..I think its awesome.

How anyone could justify skirts as plate i dont know....luckily the bonus is 4-set not 5 so for T8 and T10 i actually went for the downgrade to get proper looking legs.

T7,5 is my favorite set as a whole though... while T8 (brownish and skirt, yeesh) and T5 (the reason why pallas get the gay sticker) is tied for worst

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark
    How anyone could justify skirts as plate i dont know....luckily the bonus is 4-set not 5 so for T8 and T10 i actually went for the downgrade to get proper looking legs.
    So you gimped yourself for cosmetic reasons?

Must be a Blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    Hold on, you say that the skirts ruin the tier sets, and yet proudly classify the Judgement Tier 2 set, which btw has a SKIRT, to be one of if not the best sets in the game?

I think you're giving double standards there, matey...
    The texture work on T2 was vastly superior to the work done on T8 and T10 IMO regarding the skirt. Judgement "skirt" looks like it's plated over some other material to make moving in it easier.

T8 and T10 skirts look like leather; they lack all depth which is what made the Judgement kilt so amazing looking. Where they went wrong was with making belts for Paladins which look like they do nothing more than complete the overall look of a robe. Judgement looks like you're wearing plate all over your body.

The following facts stand:
    - They could put bit more effort into the skirt models, people deserve to feel a bit epic when they are.
    - Frankly, I'd rather see them improve stuff that is actually important. Say, proper stat blanace on our loot?
    - You spend too much time looking at your character and posing in Dalaran if you find it such a big deal, and too little time actually playing the game.
    - We are not the ones worst off out there. It is true that our gearsets have peaked at tier 2 and 6, other classes had their peaks as well. Personally I find that hunters have been repeatly screwed over hard with their tier sets, such as a tier 1 only decent looking on dwarfs, a tier 2 only decent looking on night elf female, all of tier 4, 5 and 6 being terrible looking. I'm not a big fan of their sets.

Yet, we want to feel and look epic when defeating a new encounter, the problematic of that is the models being reused for every level of the tier gear (and via that models used for off pieces as well). You won't get to look much more epic than your retarded cousin who can't raid if he got paid to do so, yet with the current system is able to pick up an itemset that is close to yours, that you worked hard to gather.

So if they are going to make us feel less epic either way, I would definitily prefer them sorting out more important matters.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anessa
    - Frankly, I'd rather see them improve stuff that is actually important. Say, proper stat blanace on our loot?
    Balance guy =/= 3d modelling guy

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    im sure a lot, me included would want to make model for Blizzard

new leg model can be used for years just to say : Ulduar plate started to use the new one and its still the same model for plate in icc
    They just switch the texture and there its done

it add depth to the game, not just another textured pants on your leg
    Do it right now then. I really don't disagree with you that it would be nice to have. If you honestly submitted the base needed for all the races and everything and put all the work into it for them (Make sure it doesn't Collide with any of the thousands of possible comps =p, such as weapons, chest armors, ect ect), then they would probably use it. Depending on how you submitted it, they might pay for it (as in if you're selling it or just giving it to them).

I'm just saying that they probably won't spend the time on it themselves. Not that I wouldn't want to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    Hold on, you say that the skirts ruin the tier sets, and yet proudly classify the Judgement Tier 2 set, which btw has a SKIRT, to be one of if not the best sets in the game?

I think you're giving double standards there, matey...
    Get your facts straight please.

Paladins wear surcoats for protection and not skirts.

skirts=made of cloth <-- what women wear
    surcoats= made of heavier materials, hardened leather, chainmail, lamellae etc. It's used for protection

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    Get your facts straight please.

Paladins wear surcoats for protection and not skirts.

skirts=made of cloth <-- what women wear
    surcoats= made of heavier materials, hardened leather, chainmail, lamellae etc. It's used for protection
    It's a skirt, get over it.
    I still hear caster denying their wear dressed. They do. We wear skirts, not like it's a problem.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa

WTB something based on any of these concepts:

Quote Originally Posted by Anessa
    It's a skirt, get over it.
    I still hear caster denying their wear dressed. They do. We wear skirts, not like it's a problem.
    This is a skirt

This is a robe. You know, things that mages/wizards/sorcerers/priests/spellcasters wear in combat

And this is a surcoat, things that medieval knights and paladins wear.

Designed to offer both protection from arrows, resist bloudgeoning blows (from maces, hammers and the like) but also offer comfort to the knight when riding in harsh environments. Having a piece of cloth covering your hardened steel beneath is quite good when riding in an environment where you can fry eggs in the sunlight, for instance this is how templars and hospitallers rode in the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the 12th century.

And I'd say it's a pretty big difference between a skirt and a surcoat.