Thread: PvP "leveling"

PvP "leveling"

Hey im going to Level a new Alt from 10 to 80 by mostly PvP. I will be doing some instances only for gear and never get boosted. When im getting to that level that I can get all my gear from PvP I hope I can do only that. I wont be doing any quest (Note I will be doing some if I go with a class that have some class quests for abilitys that I need )
    I will be doing it on a Normal server since I will give my Alt some gold for mount and skills and I dont have a main on a PvP server so I can't do it there so here is a question I dont know what Class I wanna play. So Here is when I ask all you guys. What should I make for a class I will take the race with best PvP racials. and is there anyone else that have tryed this

sorry for my bad english and PLEASE no stupid comments because you dont like what I wanna try to do and you think it sound stupid. I do this because im bored of the normal way and I wanna try something else. (i wont quit the game I know that one will come at some point.

TY!

Re: PvP "leveling"

If you want a class that can really destroy lower brackets, try the hunter.

I love my sub rogue smurf, she's so much fun. I'd highly recommend a rogue, but a hunter is a pretty good choice as well. Your decision should probably be more based on what class you want at 80, rather than what's good for 40 early levels, since eventually it will be 80.

I would say hunter as well, at low and high brackets hunters seem to have a niche for getting KBs.

With my new alts I do mainly dungeons from X0-X4(10-14, 20-24,30-34 etc.) and bgs X5-X9, although I do a lot of quests while waiting for queues to pop.

It is up to you how to do this, but if you have an 80 with a lot of extra badges get the BoA gear, chest, shoulders, weapon(s)(enchanted with something like crusader if you are a str user, or some other applicable enchant) and the ranged weapon if you are a ranged user, and trinkets, probably 1X Inherited Insignia and 1X Swift Hand of Justice. You will be a beast in PvP. Get the ones from WG and it'd be even better since those have resil and stam on them compared to the PvE emblem ones.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I'm currently doing this basic strategy with my warlock and having quite a lot of fun.

Basically, the idea is to play till you get your new ranks for the bracket (usually in the X4-X6) range through dungeons and pvp your way through the last 6-4 levels until ding.

If I had to pick a class, hunters are always a threat. There is no question that in every single leveling bracket hunters are incredibly brutal versus almost any class. From a pure fun standpoint however, my warlock is quite impressive with 300 spell power at 45 and can drain tank most anything.

Short Version: Keep in mind that leveling through pvp isn't fun at the first part of brackets, watch out for hunters, play an orc
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

I highly reccomend trying this. When I did it, I used a resto druid, because i'd never played one before and wanted to heal. Maybe i should've chosen disc priest, but oh well.

Most importantly, If you're going to be a healer, level with a dps friend, (Warriors are best for this) or you will have those frustrating games where you feel you can't really help win against a slow loss because no one is worth healing.

And getting gear outside of instances is a pain, I hope Blizzard fix this gear oversight (another one, what a suprise...) in Cataclysm.

At low levels:

Hunters destroy everything.
    At 16, Shamans become the best flag carriers for that bracket.

So go hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    I would say hunter as well, at low and high brackets hunters seem to have a niche for getting KBs.

With my new alts I do mainly dungeons from X0-X4(10-14, 20-24,30-34 etc.) and bgs X5-X9, although I do a lot of quests while waiting for queues to pop.

It is up to you how to do this, but if you have an 80 with a lot of extra badges get the BoA gear, chest, shoulders, weapon(s)(enchanted with something like crusader if you are a str user, or some other applicable enchant) and the ranged weapon if you are a ranged user, and trinkets, probably 1X Inherited Insignia and 1X Swift Hand of Justice. You will be a beast in PvP. Get the ones from WG and it'd be even better since those have resil and stam on them compared to the PvE emblem ones.

This is a great way to do it. I have also found something amazing.

If you do WSG on a weekend bg holiday you get a crapton of xp. I'm not kidding it took me 2 wins and I got 23 bars. (a level and 3 bars). It is insane (i was also rested and had heirlooms but idk if those affect it)

I've been doing this on my hunter since the early lvls, never regretted it! It's my first real attempt at PvPing (mainly a raider) and it's awesome to 2shot just about anything around my lvl!
    All the brackets pre 50 was easy, now I'm struggling since those damn DK's are 2 shotting me in return
    If you're serious about your alt then do as I do, pick up WG shards from your daily heroic and buy the 2k honor thingy, then mail it to your alt. They are BoA after all! This way I've bought 2 offset pieces already and am sitting on 39k honor at lvl 51.

Huntards are so faceroll :

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

This is a great way to do it. I have also found something amazing.

If you do WSG on a weekend bg holiday you get a crapton of xp. I'm not kidding it took me 2 wins and I got 23 bars. (a level and 3 bars). It is insane (i was also rested and had heirlooms but idk if those affect it)
    I second this. One winning WSG got me half a level, which is pretty big when you're level ~47ish (15 minutes a level???)
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Hunter or Rogue

Hunters have the highest mobility/avoidance capabilities of range dps and rogues have the most harassment capabilities (good for countering said hunters) so either of those are definately best IMO, even in high brackets.

Warlocks dominate at 80 but there isn't much depth to them it's basically all fear/dot/nuke and until you get resil you'll get facerolled by rogues.

Also, hunters are far easier to play than rogues too, just nowhere near as sneaky/devious
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

im doing exactly what u are asking, its very hard not to quest, cos sometimes u get bored from waiting for BG's sometimes u can wait only 1min other times u need to wait 30min, in that time i quest, i do like others said, dungeons or boosted in x0 to x4 and BG's all the way to ding

my best choices to offer are HUNTER and WARLOCK, im playing both, 1 at 36 and other at 54, both kill everthing u are trown at, i even had wrecking ball at lv28 with my hunter and did like 120k dmg in a lv 38 WSG with my lock, often im the top dps cos of all the heirloom and enchants on both class's

but i have a question for you all, whats the best EU pvp ally and horde server to do this ?

i was in grim batol, didnt liked it, was also in azol nerub, even worse, now im xavius and im still not happy
    grim batol was even for horde/ally azol nerub awesome for horde (but i was ally, and didnt had any friend in horde), and xavius is also even at lower brackets for both factions.

what i would like to see is some1 stating im playin this server and its really awesome for ally we are winning like 7 out of 10 bg's, and at 80 its still the same :P

I was going to do it on the PvP server Stormscale as horde but since I dont ahve any gold or heirloom there im gonna do it on my mains server Doomhammer

I have started a Shaman I have always wanted a shammy but never gotten to makeing one. Just dont know alot about them so Have no idea about spec and stuff like that

rogue gets better th higer you get (especialy sub)
    Huntards are faceroll until DKs come into play, then u get killed by every1
    locks always hit hard so if you stay at the back u can watch the fireworks
    warriors are always fun....end of
    priests are a b*tch to lvl at lower, but if u go disc ur a b*tch to kill & the team loves you (lvl 20ish +)
    Mage isnt toooo gd with mana until lvl 50ish id say but get REALY good once you get into outland...+ all the punting at lower makes you good
    shamy = enhancement for mega dmg

there all the ones id recomend for PvP. Id also recomend picking up engineering watever class you play.