Diablo 2 - looking to form a core group of players

I bought the Diablo battlechest about a year ago, and finally got around to playing Diablo 2 recently. I really like it. I'm a lvl 22 hammerdin named Lumpykins...(wow, I realized that name probably just made people walk away... i suck at making cool names so i just make really stupid ones :-X) Anyway, i am having trouble finding groups that will work together and do what needs to be done so everyone is on the same page as far as quests. So I am proposing that people contact me so we can build up a friends list so we can have a more organized group of people to play together. so if your interested to play with your main, maybe just with an alt or just to start playing again, respond here so we can get things started.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Diablo 2 - looking to form a core group of players

Christ no, quitting once was enough. You won't get me back in it again!

Deleted

I reinstalled Diablo 2 sometime last year. I was a huge addict back in the days. Unfortunately, I no longer sit on a 15" box of a screen, and playing Diablo 2 was either really grainy or really small:

Click to enlarge:

If there was ever some way to extend the map, I could live with the graphics, but when you blow up an 800x600 game to 1920x1200, it looks horrible :P

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I reinstalled Diablo 2 sometime last year. I was a huge addict back in the days. Unfortunately, I no longer sit on a 15" box of a screen, and playing Diablo 2 was either really grainy or really small:

Click to enlarge:

If there was ever some way to extend the map, I could live with the graphics, but when you blow up an 800x600 game to 1920x1200, it looks horrible :P
    I'm pretty sure that the most recent patch added new resolutions

and even without the patch, there are many fan-made patches that do so
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Deleted

I just googled it, and found this: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1180719.html

A user posted a 2560x1600, full screen screenshot on his 30" monitor. God damn this looks so hot: http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3567/68518668.jpg.

I might just go back to it and have some nostalgic fun - although there seems to be some worry about keeping your account alive on Battle.net when doing this.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get massively long teleports when you play on that resolution, Qieth ?

Deleted

I haven't tried the patch yet, so I wouldn't know. I still had the small resolution as I posted above. Probably wont be able to test it before the weekend at the earliest.

But yes, the general idea of why Blizzard doesn't like this, is the ability to have a much longer reach on spells. A firewall far away, a long teleport, a magic arrow from half the maps distance. You'd even be able to see and target people much sooner than they could you, if they play in a mortal resolution.

i got back into it the day before the patch and i didint know about so i lvld a toon from 1 to like 13 on the ladder and went to bed and got up to realize that it had been voided, i was not a happy camper, but anyways, i would love to play with some ppl who actually wanna help me out, when the ladder reset i was in top 5 for like the first 3 days then stopped playin for like a week lol, but im on second act but too low lvl for it lul, so if anyone wants to get inot it just shoot me a pm :P
    Its a crazy world out there, luckily i rarely see, expierience or go out into it cause ive got my own world.....of warcraft

Deleted

Should be pretty easy to get high on the ladder with only 20 people playing the game! :P