Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot 4pc T10 worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    I personally LOVE my 4 piece. But I use it as a CD and not as a rage gain. Coupled with Last Stand, it is fucking BOSS.
    Skeleton key, last stand and the set bonus play well together, a very nice "oh shi-" button which works as a cushion for several seconds.

I hadn't taken the 30% buff into consideration, will be interesting when it hits.

Its good for Algalon ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kirderf
    Bullhammer pretty much covered everything!

A few tips considering your gear:

1. Get rid of your dodge gems and replace them with shifting (agi/stam). This results in higher EH which is THE most important in ICC. Another choice would be guardian (expertise/stam) if you feel that you are struggling with your threat. However, threat usually isn't a problem while having at least one hunter or rogue in your group.
    2. Get rid of your titanium plating on your shield. 18 stamina is the way to go as long as your defense is high enough.
    3. Get rid of Corpse Tounge Coin. It might actually be the worst trinket I've seen. I would rather use black heart over it. It serves only as a "gear score booster".
    4. Your glove-enchant (armsman) should be replaced as well with either 18 stamina or glove reinforcement (240 armor) since (as stated above) threat should not be a problem unless you are playing with the realm-retards. I would recommend 18 stamina.

Always remember to use intervene on high-threat-targets (when allowed ofc) to minimize their threat. This is something a lot of warriors forget because they never bothered to read the whole tooltip.

Hope it helps some!
    Thanks for the advice!

Ill change the gems and the enchants out. I am probably going to get the crafted feet to replace the dawnbreaker sabatons.

I have a several other trinkets that i switch out depending on the boss. I like the corpse tongue coin for some fights, because the ~25.5% damage reduction on top of the blood draining proc is nice for those moments where you DO drop below 35%. Obviously its not an ideal trinket for every boss, but it has it's uses.
    I like the "smart" proc (its like having fire sprinklers), but it could have been itemized better.

Yes, with the 4set CD and a http://www.wowhead.com/item=50361 both on a one minute cd, it makes for a lot of tools on Sindragosa and The LK both(among many many other encounters.) The Flawless Fang trinket I have seen fully resist 60% of the frost breaths by itself.

4PC is good. It gives you another button you can press to not die. While its always hard to tell for sure, I'm quite certain my use of bloodrage when I was low on HP bought enough time for the healers to get another big heal in.

In terms of overall damage mitigated, the other tank 4PCs are generally better, but this makes a better emergency "oh crap" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranyx
    I do wish it wasnt the weakest of the tank 4pc bonus on damage mitigated but its a sure bet . The Druid/DK is great for total damage mitigated. The Pally one suffers from RNG.
    Say you're modestly geared and absorb 10k with the shield. How much damage would a DK or bear have to be taking to equal out to that?

10000 / .12 = 83333 damage in 10 seconds. That's certainly not outside the realm of possibility, but considering avoidance, savage defense, etc... It seems a bit unlikely.

Each bonus has its ups and downs. The 12% reduction is useful for those periods where you're going to be beaten on heavily for awhile, while the 20% HP shield shines against large bursts as well as functioning as a sort of lifeline.

I give it two thumbs up, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirderf
    Bullhammer pretty much covered everything!

A few tips considering your gear:

1. Get rid of your dodge gems and replace them with shifting (agi/stam). This results in higher EH which is THE most important in ICC.
    What does EH mean?

Effective Health, basically a combination of your armor/stamina, the more the better for tanks

its actually very beneficial its like the minor glyph plus the damage absorbtion so with the benefits of that taken into consideration along with the fact that the gear itself isnt half bad i'd say that yes its worth it

Ok, I've been back and forth on what to get while I saved up the 95 frost to do so. If I get the t10 helm I will get the 4pc bonus, however, it is considerably worse compared my current. As I've yet to even see a warrior mark drop in icc, I'm still uneasy about downgrading my equipment for the bonus. I know the bonus makes up for the lack of stats compared to the 264 t10, but I will be stuck with the 251 for a lonnnnng time till i get a mark I imagine. Any advice is greatly welcomed.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...reaker&cn=Pyke