@ the Holy Paly BiS list

Hi. I have finally collected the mats for making Leggings of Woven Death. Those are the legs from the Holy Paly BiS List. I want to proceed now but I have a couple reservations. The obvious one is that I lose so much armor. I am very concerned about what this will do to my survivability. When I started to raid with the Core years ago (early TBC days) I was wearing a lot of cloth for the +healing. Gruul's shatter was a nightmare for me until I got decent plate. I am though wholly and completely sold on haste. I am a believer. That being said I have looked at Firecrest's armory and see that he is not wearing crafted pants. So for me, is all that haste worth losing armor? Probably. It just scares me. The other concern is that my guild/raid leader (a holy paly) is specced into the ret tree. I get a lot of guff for speccing into prot and running RF. They want me to drink the Crit Kool-aid which I told them I never will do. Their ridicule and jokes have gotten to the point that I am about to leave them. I can hear it all now when they see me wearing pants made of cloth that I spent weeks collecting mats for. Will it be worth being the butt of all those jokes? OMG, what if instead of saving my badges (i have 83 atm) for the helm and shoulders I broke down and blew them on Meteor Chaser's Rainment first. So to sum up in a nutshell. Is a holy paly a viable healer in a raid enviroment if you put him in cloth for the haste and forgo armor.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ria&cn=Gorgane

Re: @ the Holy Paly BiS list

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgane
    Hi. I have finally collected the mats for making Leggings of Woven Death. Those are the legs from the Holy Paly BiS List. I want to proceed now but I have a couple reservations. The obvious one is that I lose so much armor. I am very concerned about what this will do to my survivability. When I started to raid with the Core years ago (early TBC days) I was wearing a lot of cloth for the +healing. Gruul's shatter was a nightmare for me until I got decent plate. I am though wholly and completely sold on haste. I am a believer. That being said I have looked at Firecrest's armory and see that he is not wearing crafted pants. So for me, is all that haste worth losing armor? Probably. It just scares me. The other concern is that my guild/raid leader (a holy paly) is specced into the ret tree. I get a lot of guff for speccing into prot and running RF. They want me to drink the Crit Kool-aid which I told them I never will do. Their ridicule and jokes have gotten to the point that I am about to leave them. I can hear it all now when they see me wearing pants made of cloth that I spent weeks collecting mats for. Will it be worth being the butt of all those jokes? OMG, what if instead of saving my badges (i have 83 atm) for the helm and shoulders I broke down and blew them on Meteor Chaser's Rainment first. So to sum up in a nutshell. Is a holy paly a viable healer in a raid enviroment if you put him in cloth for the haste and forgo armor.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ria&cn=Gorgane
    Thats like saying are clothies viable in raids, will they survive? Armor does not matter in current content, except for like...bonestorm, and saurfang
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

15+ Year Old Account

Other classes that heal wear less than plate. They seem to survive just fine.

Also, armor means very little to non-tanks. Armor protects against physical dmg. If non-tanks are taking physical dmg it is most likely they are taking unnecessary dmg, i.e. the boss is hitting them.

Most raid dmg is magic dmg which isnt detered by armor anyway. Not wearing plate to get the best itemization is perfectly acceptable and nothing to fear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Other classes that heal wear less than plate. They seem to survive just fine.

Also, armor means very little to non-tanks. Armor protects against physical dmg. If non-tanks are taking physical dmg it is most likely they are taking unnecessary dmg, i.e. the boss is hitting them.

Most raid dmg is magic dmg which isnt detered by armor anyway. Not wearing plate to get the best itemization is perfectly acceptable and nothing to fear.
    As a healer you shouldn't be hit by physical damage anyhow. So armor is useless anyways.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

The obvious one is that I lose so much armor. I am very concerned about what this will do to my survivability.
    As others have said - Clothies wear cloth and they do just fine. Armor is a null stat in PvE for anyone who's not a tank. Its weight is the same as Spirit or Hit for us. It's not utterly useless, but it's pretty damn near to it.

That being said I have looked at Firecrest's armory and see that he is not wearing crafted pants.
    Firecrest doesn't wear the cloth pants because he's a vain sunofabitch. He's decided that leotards are not the way he wants to inspire awe and respect in random newbs while he's pugging his daily heroic. "OMG, look at this guy's GS! ...Wait. Where's your tutu?" is not something he wants to hear from some 2k dps Hunter.

He's holding out for the 264 Plate Pants that drop off Marrogar 10, which he considers to be more or less tied for second BiS with what he has but look better.

What a dork.

The other concern is that my guild/raid leader (a holy paly) is specced into the ret tree. I get a lot of guff for speccing into prot and running RF. They want me to drink the Crit Kool-aid which I told them I never will do. Their ridicule and jokes have gotten to the point that I am about to leave them. I can hear it all now when they see me wearing pants made of cloth that I spent weeks collecting mats for. Will it be worth being the butt of all those jokes?
    Send 'em my way. Not even JK. You can message me in game, send me a PM On these (or my guild's) forums or make a post about it.

I'll set 'em straight.

OMG, what if instead of saving my badges (i have 83 atm) for the helm and shoulders I broke down and blew them on Meteor Chaser's Rainment first.
    I'm a little lazy and a little rushed right now, so I didn't take the time to look at your armory, but the cloth badge chest is very nice. Then again, so is getting your tier. If you're just now getting enough badges for these things (I got all my purchases out of the way months ago for both Ret and Holy, have bought more than a dozen Saronites and am currently sitting on like 200 Frost badges), then you're progressing kinda slowly. You should just go for whichever one gives you the largest upgrade over your current gear. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were the chest. Just bear in mind that the badge chest is replaceable with an ICC drop while Tier will be BiS.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

You also need to put in your preference, remember you play and pay for this game and the ultimate decision regarding your character is NOT what your guild thinks or other ppl think. If you think it suits your itemization and will benefit you in the success of the raid go for it.

.. Is a holy paly a viable healer in a raid environment if you put him in cloth for the haste and forgo armor
    Your almost always tank heals, if you keep the tanks up with ur heal bombs then why not forgo armor for some haste. i opted for mail crafted leggs, i dnt feel comfy with my pally wearing leotards lol

btw if your guild does not respect you then your better off w/o them anyways.

The content is so forgiving at lower levels that your spec/gear choices just won't matter that much.

If your guild is giving you crap, just tell them they're fine for easy content but you hold yourself to a higher standard.

10+ Year Old Account

When I'm gearing now I work out from Firecrests list. It's a very accurate and well thought of list, and the overall stat gain is very pleaseable.

On the defense / armor part, I'd consider Holy Paladins to be one, if not the healer with the most defensive abilities in PvE. We can bubble, we can shield wall, we can Hand of Protection, we can take more hits than others because of armor, we can blow Divine Sacrifice (and cancel for the 20% raid), Sacred Shield ourselves, Heal ourselves and still heal the beaconed target, etc. I don't think losing 1000 armor or so will impact you greatly.

Hi

I'm using Heroic version of [Corruptied Silverplate Leggins] from heroic 10 Lord Marrowgar; it got more crit, but less haste......and its PLATE ! So I'm not going to make the craft cloth legging

Armor does about as much in PvE as that +40 AP ring enchant does for your healing.

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by Sidira
    Armor does about as much in PvE as that +40 AP ring enchant does for your healing.
    Armor may not be important, but its not useless. If there is a plate item with the same stats as a mail/cloth, you should wear the plate piece.

Troll'd

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Firecrest doesn't wear the cloth pants because he's a vain sunofabitch. He's decided that leotards are not the way he wants to inspire awe and respect in random newbs while he's pugging his daily heroic. "OMG, look at this guy's GS! ...Wait. Where's your tutu?" is not something he wants to hear from some 2k dps Hunter.
    Dammit FC! I got the leggings and now I want the matching tutu