Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warriors using Vigilance on DK Tanks

Okay...you guys should be happy that I'm in a really good mood right now:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59665

check through the spell details.
    Threat Proxy %
    Value: 10

This means that it cuts 10% off of the targets threat and transfers it to the caster.
    If you do not believe me, check similar spells like Misdirection
    and @ above, you don't seem to read your skills through very often, because even the wording is very practically the same as TotT.

back to the OP: I'm sure you can talk about it with the warrior or your GM if it interferes with your tanking. It is a 3% damage reduction for you, but that's about it on bosses where there is no tank swap required.
    Bosses like DBS are a different story, because warriors have one short cd taunt and two long-cd taunts, so he could argue that he needs it on those.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

on a fight like marrowgar, where ur threat is a non issue, keep it up (if ur offtanking) but in general u shudnt have vigilance active. if he does it on trash, doesnt matter but isnt friendly imho.

10+ Year Old Account

I seriously don't know what's wrong with having vigilance on.

For one, it's 3% damage reduction - not sure if it stacks with anything else, but hey. It doesn't hurt! -, and 10% threat proxied to the warrior. If that causes problem on anything but trash, you're doing something wrong. However, it does help the warrior on every boss where he needs to taunt.

Besides, if it does cause threat problems, it's easy to cancel, problem solved.

On the other hand, I do agree that if a warrior is asked not to vigilance another tank, but a DPS instead, he should probably listen. But that's not the problem of Vigilance itself, but that of the warrior :P

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaster
    vigilance should not be causing you to do less threat or anything, maybe on aoe he might get a "tiny" bit ahead of you, but from what ive seen warriors do helluva a lot more threat then dks in aoe, especially blood tanks (this is from personal experience so dont flame me) also i really hope the only reason u were mt wasnt just because you had more hp than the warrior tank, youre a dk, your supposed to have more. but seriously though, if vigilance is giving you trouble then you may as well say blessing of sanc is giving you trouble, or w/e the disc priest buff is. its not hurting you at all, the only way it could hurt you was say you were doing PP and tank got 4 stacks of debuff, u taunted and the tank kept whaling on the boss and his 3% extra threat from you let him steal threat and wipe the raid but any 1/2 decent warrior wouldnt do that. but in all honesty, its not vigilance, I think youre just trying to figure out how to threat as blood dk
    WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

10+ Year Old Account

Vigilance on a MT is just, pardon my French, bloody stupid. On some fights you'll be holding the entire raid back due to the lower threat generated by the MT.

It can be useful on the OT on a fight like Blood Queen or Festergut, on the tank that's swapping off, but other than that...