15+ Year Old Account

Enhance on Normal Sindragosa 10

Ok, a little background. My main spec is Resto, but in my ICC10 group (composed of irl/long time friends) I usually dps as enhance on fights where 3 heals are not required. Typically I heal on Sindragosa, but this week we need another melee, and as such I am dpsing.

Now, I typically don't like to make posts here, but I was curious to see how other Enhance deal with the debuff, especially during heroism. The strategy we are using involves popping heroism at the start of phase 2, to get the maximum dps on the boss before the first block drops in this phase.

The problem with this is, between flurry, heroism and various other sources of haste I either blow myself up with the debuff (obviously the noobish result) or waste lots of possible dps by either (a) stopping attacking or (b) casting a LvB/LB/LB sequence to let the debuff drop.

What are you doing, especially during phase 2, to get the most dps in on the boss before swiching to block duty?

Thanks!
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Re: Enhance on Normal Sindragosa 10

For that fight, I stayed on Ice blocks full time and used MW to cast chain heals on the group.

In one sense, our terrible dps and excessively tedious DPS mechanics allow us to be pretty darn effective as true Hybrids during many encounters, especially if your raid lacks serious healing skills.

This becomes even more true at higher gear levels and heroic ICC encounters where our DPS lags behind other classes even moreso.

Spamming MW CH has saved our raid many times now on heroics, esp on fights like Putricide where a healer or two almost always die during the encounter.

I know most people say "if you're role is dps, then dps", but I disagree when it comes to Enhance. Why dps fulltime and add another 1-2k dps to an encounter, when i can save the lives of a half dozen mages/dks/rogues who are doing 12k dps each?

I might recommend that you use hero right off the bat once the tank has agro. The issue of using hero in phase 2 is that you now have 2 debuffs to worry about instead of 1. If you use hero early then you can manage the 1 debuff and even when your not hitting the boss you can be using spells against him. Such as FS, FN, LvB, and LB casts. By the time you have done 3 of those things your stacks should be off and you can burst him again melee style.
    Also during phase 2 focus less on the boss and more on the blocks. Range can typically do more here than you can. Let melee bust the blocks. Communicate with the tanks to make sure they get off their stacks before you break the blocks..
    [The class I play] is imbalanced and broken, [The class that counters my class] should be nerfed because it's too OP, but [The class I counter] is fine and just needs to L2P. Aq

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aquais
    Also during phase 2 focus less on the boss and more on the blocks. Range can typically do more here than you can. Let melee bust the blocks. Communicate with the tanks to make sure they get off their stacks before you break the blocks..
    Indeed, but I am mainly referring to the time between phase 2 starting and the first block dropping. I manage my stacks during phase 1 as you suggested with the use of a sequence of LvB/LB/LB and by then the stack is off.

Thanks for the advice, I will suggest the usage of Heroism in phase 1 as opposed to at the start of phase 2.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I play with RNG and attack with 2-3 seconds left. I suggest to not do this.

<---Hasn't killed Sindragosa, only attempted.

If you think Sindragosa is a dps race, you are wrong.

You can pop wolves+shamanistic rage to help you stay on the boss longer if that is your cup of tea, and I usually do this to help out a bit, but there is no reason to push your dps at the risk of dying. Don't be dumb.

Stand at max melee range and when your stacks get too high just back up an inch and then while you are waiting for the debuff to drop you can 1) cast a shock spell 2) cast fire nova, and 3) cast 1-2 lightning bolts during that time, then step back in and resume dps.

During the last phase I usually am worrying about getting the blocks down, getting a little bit of dps in, and helping out with healing.

Best to use heroism in phase two as thats when you'll need the most dps. Though Phase 2 isn't really a DPS race the moving between ice blocks and the boss can overwhelm any group eventually. Really because when P2 starts i don't spend alot of time on the boss anyway stacking the debuff isn't a problem. The debuff is actually what makes this my favorite fight as Enh because it adds an extra interesting element to the fight and managing it properly even if its RNG can greatly improve your DPS.

Say the debuff is at 4 stacks and has 2-3 seconds left, you can choose to keep dpsing and risk letting it stack higher or stop dpsing and let it reset ahead of time (i normally stop at 5 stacks in P2 and 7 stacks in P1) that dynamic while RNG based can greatly effect your overall DPS.

Like i said though heroism isn't really a problem because why the time the debuff stacks up enough i have to move to an iceblock and start DPSing it down anyway. Not sure why you're having problems =/

Protip: Don't back up, just press ESC to unselect and stop attacking the boss and save Fire Elemental till P2 do you can DPS without having to worry about actually being there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

i killed sindragosa 10man hc last week for the first time and DAMN it was frustrating... i think i had to sacrifice like 2-3k dps, stopping at 4-5 stacks, stop meleeing and do a few casts.

in heroic mode, additional to damage stops every 4-5 debuff stacks, you shouldn´t do much damage on iceblocks in flying phase either. same goes for iceblocks in last phase, which die so fast you have to totally keep your uncontrollable burst shut, in order for the arcane puffer to wear off.

sindragosa, especially on hardmode, is the most frustrating enounter aside from professor in icecrown. not much you can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Making your numbers look good on recount is irrelevant.

Manage the stacks so that you stay alive and aren't taking so much damage that you're draining healing from the raid. Sindra is an endurance fight not a dps race. If you keep the whole raid alive for the whole fight then she'll die. A live dps is worth a lot more than a dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylla

Manage the stacks so that you stay alive and aren't taking so much damage that you're draining healing from the raid. Sindra is an endurance fight not a dps race. If you keep the whole raid alive for the whole fight then she'll die. A live dps is worth a lot more than a dead one.
    Give this man a medal.

since we can get 4 stacks off singe WF,i basicly just stay on the blocks and at 5xMW just light bolt sindra,flame shock,fire nova.this way u give other players prio on sindra, and u can nuke hell out of the cube ez mode alone.but thats just me and on 10 man version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylla

in heroic mode, she has enough life to maker the enrage timer an issue. losing to much dps does make for a quite close fight. it´s an annoying fight, where enhancement and mutilate rogues ( because of their very fast attacks ) have to sacrifice much more damage than 2 handed melees.
    especially enhance, which is a spec which makes more damage if you have the time of stacking your buffs/debuffs etc suffers from having to dmg stop every 8 seconds or so, because you´ve reached 4-5 stacks already, where a warrior would´ve been at maybe 2 or 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.