Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: The Problem ((As I see it))

I think the bosses just assume that their minions will be able to handle the invaders.
    The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by Destram
    Blizzards excuse for arthas doing this is so he can raise us as his strongest warriors.
    This.

Spoiler alert.

When you get The Lich King down to 10% he insta-kills the whole raid then has a long speech about how foolish we were and how this was all a trap to make you as strong as you can be, to which he begins to raise the raid as his army with which he'll proceed to take over the world.

What happens next, well, I'll let you find out.

As far as other bosses go: Kael'Thuzad was confident that his armys would defeat us, hence the shock displayed in the speech when you reach him. Yogg was stuck in the floor, all he could do was keep corrupting the occupants of Ulduar to try to ward you off, same thing with C'thun.

I think it'd be awesome if there was a raid instance where you fought the main boss along the way, each time with them escaping till you battle your way in till he has nowhere else to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    In ICC everyone said it was stupid that the LK waited until we killed his army and his generals to fight us, but truth be told i've played a LOT of games in the past and well every "raid" boss every "end game" boss every "super special awesome boss" does the same thing "oh no you killed my forces"+(and excuse for letting you kill them<optional>) then we fight. And to be honest I've played wow for a long time and it's not the lore that bores me, it's not the boss mechn., it's not the challenge, it's that it always seems like it HAS to follow that structure and to be honest every game out there does it too. So I don't know it might be just me anyone kinda know what I'm talking about?

TLTR:Why not a villain that says fuck it army v raid.?
    advice before posting:<LOOK AT THE SIG BEFORE YOU SAY I HAVEN'T KILL LK> [sorry for caps but some people are blind]
    well i dont think this is what u had in mind but he did come to the front lines i.e. wrathgate and almost died maybe thats y he doesn't leave his tower he might get owned by vehicles

Skyrim, I have wondered similar things over the years.

Why didnt the LK just zerg cities from the start?
    Why didnt he send the entire army at us as soon as we entered ICC?
    Why is Tirions lazy ass at the front door while we fight all the bosses?

There are so many holes when you think logically. Its a game.. As you said just about every game follows this format. Its just how it is I suppose.

I mean, how fun would WoW be if it was "realistic"? Want to know what would happen?

LK would have WTFPWNT us all by now if he really wanted to. Why did he need us to be his greatest champions? It took 10 / 25 of us to kill ONE of his generals. I doubt he needs help fending off anyone. Hell, he just froze Tirion like he was swatting a fly.
    All the LK would have to have done is send an ass ton of dead shit at us right from the start. Either when he first notices us in northrend, or when we first enter ICC.

The bottom line is this: this is a game where we ride fucking dragons, shoot fireballs, summon demons, do quests to kill all kinds of crap, and your worried about why a we fight bosses in a certain order? lol..

Im not trying to insult you, Im agreeing with you to a point. But nonetheless its a just a game. Logic doesn't apply.

because 10/25vLK and 10/25+armyvsLK+army wouldnt make a difference, they both have to be balanced around the 10/25 player model so really it makes no difference at all to gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    Because if Villians where smart they would win.

10+ Year Old Account

ganondorf..... hmm im going to ignore the kid whos going to kick my ass later

Quote Originally Posted by Vixan
    dunno if a 25 man raid could handle all the bosses+trash :P. The whole point of having the main villain towards the end is incentive to clearing content which the game developers have put time and effort into. If LK was first boss in ICC would you really wanna keep pushing hard for Marrowgar?
    What if though they didn't make it so static. They say oohh you have "options" on ways you can attack the raid..why not make the raid more lifelike though. And, by that I mean hell have a gimmick LK fight in the beginning, as you fighting him you have npc's run up and he goes "GAH I CAN"T BE BOTHERED BY THESE PESTS, MARROWGAR PROTECT THE MAIN GATES". As you try to chase him down the swarms of adds/minions keeps you from getting to lk as he walks away to his throne and you bash your way through to him.

I know, I know people hate having that scenario as it makes the LK look like a pussy. Well he looks like an idiot atm hiding in his throne untill you get there. Devs aren't bound to do what I said but they could make it so that bosses have a lot more interplay between the raid and even each other. Atm all they are is just big guardians with shinies on them. I think that's possibly one of the reasons why people say they like ulduar was because the gaurdians feel to have had an impact on fight with yogg. My two cents worth anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Phattopia
    Or make lich king accessible from the start but the fight is exponentially harder for certain bosses still alive and you'd still have to kill the bosses prior to them to get to the certain boss, examples:

If saurfang still alive, lich king will cast mark of the fallen champion.
    If putricide still alive, he will drop puddles of ooze and those orange flasks, sorry forget name.
    If blood queen still alive he would cast the pact and fire skills.
    If Sindragosa still up he would drop frost tombs and do blistering cold.
    Basicly every minute of the fight he would pick a different skill available to his arsenal if the bosses were still up.

And make acheivements too for killing Lich king while Saurfang is still alive.

They should do stuff like this for future content.
    That sounds liek the dragon age origin generals, i skipped one and it made the add phase a whole lot harder.

Bring back 40 mans!!!! Make larger battles, yada yada
    In the real world as in dreams, Nothing is quite what it seems.